News Article: NHL.com 31 IN 31 - Inside look at Tampa Bay Lightning

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Why did they spend so much time discussing a player who we traded away to a division rival and almost no time discussing the potential #1 prospect we got in return, aside from a name drop or two. Also did not even bring up Kucherov.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Why did they spend so much time discussing a player who we traded away to a division rival and almost no time discussing the potential #1 prospect we got in return, aside from a name drop or two. Also did not even bring up Kucherov.

I think we all know the answer to that

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon

Media did the same damn thing with Hedman when he was in Vegas for the NHL Awards. The main media scrum only briefly asked about his being a Norris finalist and his helping Sweden win the World Championships (which actually took a Tampa reporter to ask). Nooo, it was all about "How do you feel about the Lightning trading away such a practically-perfect-in-every-way superstar like Drouin?" :facepalm:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
What an uninformed bunch of "analysts". Tampa could've fit Drouin at the same caphit he signed with MTL and signed Palat/Johnson for the current contracts easily. Didn't we have 19m to start Free Agency? 5.5m +5m +5.3m? Can they math? We signed Girardi for 3m, Kunitz for 2m and hae 2m left in capspace after the Johnson/Palat contracts... this is all while keeping both Killorn and Namestnikov as well.. that trade was not about money.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Did I miss something. I didn't watch the video but read all the fantasy link and I see a small snippet about the Drouin trade and then they don't mention him again really. What am I missing?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
This is like a math equation

Joke
____

Head

I thought we established in another thread that you either tell terrible jokes or you get caught spewing nonsense then claim it's a "joke".

By the way, that post you picked up from the mainboards is not a math reference.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I thought we established in another thread that you either tell terrible jokes or you get caught spewing nonsense then claim it's a "joke".

By the way, that post you picked up from the mainboards is not a math reference.

what post from the mainboards?

i just made "joke went over your head" into a fraction, geez

and yeah i was joking. literally nothing negative has been said regarding drouin in this thread except that he is talked about too much because of the trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad