News Article: NHL Coaches: Rangers overwhelmingly are the team to beat

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Must be all the eastern conference coaches. Because the west knows how superior they are.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Did these coaches take into account how many missed and blocked shots other teams have against the Rangers?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Lol as usual here come all the eye test aficionados to throw their jabs about metrics.

Gee, wonder why metrics advocates act like they do. Universal mystery.

I could go into a bunch of other threads and make the exact opposite point. Too many people on both sides go into every discussion looking for an argument over a discussion. Myself included sometimes.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Lol as usual here come all the eye test aficionados to throw their jabs about metrics.

Gee, wonder why metrics advocates act like they do. Universal mystery.

I thinks its more of a jab at the nay sayers who constantly dismiss the rangers in the face of performance. Be it posters or experts with their rankings. The only reason metrics got mentioned is because that is usually their main attack. I get the "unsustainable" argument in November but to still get ranked at #5 and trivialized in March... That's just bias.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Is every positive post about the Rangers from here on out going to contain a sarcastic jab at metrics?

If they win the Cup people will be lining up at the crow buffet.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
:laugh:

This place is great.

Thread that's good for the Rangers: lol corsi sucks.

Thread that's bad for the Rangers: lol eye-test sucks.

Guys, there is middle ground.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm sick of the ****ing trolling. The next poster to do it isn't gonna be happy with the result. Enough.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Again, the playoffs are a second season, but how could anyone be surprised that people are finally saying things like this.

This team IS great! Finally!

We are light years away from the dark era.

RangersOwnNewYork*

Is every positive post about the Rangers from here on out going to contain a sarcastic jab at metrics?

If they win the Cup people will be lining up at the crow buffet.

Yes, I believe that is going to be the case because after every win we have to read about what we didn't do right or what we could have done better instead of enjoying the win. I'm not saying that every win is perfect, it's not and there are things to work on, but the fact of the matter is a lot of posters get frustrated and annoyed when we read this **** after every win, all 50 of them. This is the result.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
It's the defense and goaltending in addition to the WINs. Coaches know that if you don't have defensemen that can play and a goalie that can steal a game or two, then you'll have a tough time winning.

Look at LA without 2 of their top 4 from last year (Mitchell and Voynov)... no where near as good.

The season will be over soon, and it'll be fun to bump up the pre-season prediction thread. I had the Rangers as no 1 in the East. A lot of people scoffed at it, but this team has the fewest holes and question marks out of all of the teams in the east.

I wasn't sure about that 3rd line Center slot, I wasn't sure about the 4th line being effective or the Rangers 3rd pair on D.

They've addressed all of those concerns, and you see the record. Still would like to see Kevin Klein back before the playoffs, and would like to ice Shepp a couple of games since he offers a little more versatility than Glass.

But when you're nit picking about a 4th line LW slot, then the team is probably pretty good.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
It's the defense and goaltending in addition to the WINs. Coaches know that if you don't have defensemen that can play and a goalie that can steal a game or two, then you'll have a tough time winning.

Look at LA without 2 of their top 4 from last year (Mitchell and Voynov)... no where near as good.

If LA wins the next 4 games they finish in the exact same spot they did last year with the exact same points. Even if they don't it's not really that far off.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
If LA wins the next 4 games they finish in the exact same spot they did last year with the exact same points. Even if they don't it's not really that far off.

The Sekera trade helped a lot and Doughty is playing 30 a night.

I don't wanna quote the eye test but they don't look as dangerous as last year. Fatigue may also be an issue, they've played like 65 playoff games the last 3 seasons. Although they are leading the league in team CF once again.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Those metrics are amazing.

#1 in the league.
#1 in Goal differntial
#5 in goals for
Top three in goals against
#1 in ROW
#1 in Road wins

:handclap:

those are the numbers of a champion.

if the pp can start to click, were gonna be tough to beat.

it seems weird being a favorite. usually, we are being made fun of and spoken about as pretenders and fakers.

lol remember this clown. ooops. :laugh: the comments after this "article" are comic gold.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/seasons-over-for-rangers-now-its-time-to-look-to-the-future/

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
the corsi comment was just a joke. Ive already, many times, said i like advanced stats...quite a bit actually. But i think context is always important. To me the Rangers are an incredible team. they are a team that SHOULD be a favorite to win the cup.

They arent a juggernaut thats going to rampage through the playoffs, but of all the teams in the NHL, i like our chances the best. its still the hardest trophy to win.
the 1994 team was the presidents trophy winner...took 2 game 7s to pull out a cup, and Vancouver was kind of a soft draw in the finals.

its hard to win the cup, no matter how good you are.

These Rangers aren't the greatest team of all time.

but they are a damn good team. The best ive seen from this club in a long long time.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
I'm surprised Subban only got one #1 vote, since I keep reading on HFBoards that he is shoe-in for the award. :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad