GDT: NHL Awards 2017 Pt. II - 8PM ET - NBCSN,SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Kind of a low class event. I understand why the NHL goes for the glitz and glamour and social-media friendly scripts, but it is a little disappointing at the same time.

Individual 1

Jan 25, 2012
Vatanen available to be picked, as well as Manson. Dumba too. Taking BPA and trading them is better if you want to trade them in the long run since you're getting a better value either way. I'm disappointed they didn't take ANY picks that screw up any team.
Well. My Preds lost Neal, but Poile said that it's been accounted for..
Here's hoping that he's not bs'ing us.

You realize that deals were made in advance? The only reason Manson, Vatanen and Dumba were available is because the teams knew they wouldn't be picked. The deals were made because Vegas benefits from them, if Vegas doesn't talk to Anaheim to make a deal, Anaheim buys out Bieska and trades Vatanen. Something similar would have happened with Dumba.

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
McDavid deserved the Lindsey, Crosby deserved the Hart.

Crosby definitely did not deserve the Hart. Hart is given to the player judged most valuable to his team. Pingus would've been a playoffteam even without Sid. Hart has often been given by wrong criteria, but mcDavid win actually belongs!

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Crosby definitely did not deserve the Hart. Hart is given to the player judged most valuable to his team. Pingus would've been a playoffteam even without Sid. Hart has often been given by wrong criteria, but mcDavid win actually belongs!
You're saying the Oilers are nothing without McDavid? They better make some moves.

Merya

Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
You realize that deals were made in advance? The only reason Manson, Vatanen and Dumba were available is because the teams knew they wouldn't be picked. The deals were made because Vegas benefits from them, if Vegas doesn't talk to Anaheim to make a deal, Anaheim buys out Bieska and trades Vatanen. Something similar would have happened with Dumba.

That would've been much more fun for us spectators than this. I as Vegas owner would've taken Vatanen, Staal, Thornton, etc. despite any "bribe deals" done beforehand. ;) They I would've given them the finger after each surprise name! :D
Vegas would've been on every newspaper then. Now it's just another limp van dyke.

Merya

Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
You're saying the Oilers are nothing without McDavid? They better make some moves.

Don't make so stupid strawmen.

Altho, you prolly won't find many who think Edmonton is a playoff team without mcJesus. And that's the point.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
That would've been much more fun for us spectators than this. I as Vegas owner would've taken Vatanen, Staal, Thornton, etc. despite any "bribe deals" done beforehand. ;) They I would've given them the finger after each surprise name! :D
Vegas would've been on every newspaper then. Now it's just another limp van dyke.

But good luck getting any deals made in the future haha, but they seemed pretty weak with their deals and picks. Glad my team is in the pacific, some easy points.

Merya

Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
But good luck getting any deals made in the future haha, but they seemed pretty weak with their deals and picks. Glad my team is in the pacific, some easy points.

For me the idea of a Vegas team is so absurd and dumb, that they could've at least gone full WWE on the draft. ;)

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
And I'm sure they already have a fair number agreed to that are just waiting on announcement, so we'll hear sometime tomorrow morning, whenever McPhee wakes up.
Aaaaand....
d247f388b6bd198a0e53ad44a35f91d3.png

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
In the past the first and second all-star teams were named on awards night but they're not announced on the show. Does anyone know who made the all-star teams?

Merya

Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
Now it's at least official for even the biggest doubters. The best European teams could very likely beat the worst NHL team in a best of seven series. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad