GDT: NHL Awards 2017 - 8PM ET - NBCSN,SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
It makes people watch the entire thing instead of just tuning into the start or the end.

Yeah, I know, just makes it lame, for those that don't want to watch a lame awards show. The Awards themselves are great, but like every awards show, they are kind of boring to watch, with all the extra filler and junk they throw in.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Crosby scored 14 more goals in 7 fewer games. That might stand out more, especially with how spectacular some of them were (one-handed roof job, banking one off Lundqvist's face).

I also wonder if the fact that Burns is a top 3 candidate means that the Western Conference players split the vote.

Too bad they usually don't reveal the voting splits. Would be interesting to see how it turn out.

Sid might win, but I find it hard to believe. Usually players have gone with the new guy instead of the more proven guy.

Sid might win but it would be a pretty big surprise.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
I've been super confused if the awards show and the expansion draft are the same night, same thing, different things?

If anyone could clarify when each one is happening that would be helpful (not having a date on the thread title isn't helping matters).

amethyst

#10 Forever
Mar 15, 2013
Norris: Karlsson. Or Burns. Not Hedman because he is getting so overrated around here. And apparently it's a new trend to think he's the best now:sarcasm:
Calder: Matthews
Hart: McDavid

The rest? eh don't really care... I'm excited for the trades/announcements tho :naughty:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Norris to Karlsson, Selke to Kesler.

Jako9.gif

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
Too bad they usually don't reveal the voting splits. Would be interesting to see how it turn out.

Sid might win, but I find it hard to believe. Usually players have gone with the new guy instead of the more proven guy.

I am sure is just fine with McDavid winning the Hart and Lindsay.

Cup & Conn Smythe > Presidents Trophy, Hart, & Lindsay

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I am sure is just fine with McDavid winning the Hart and Lindsay.

Cup & Conn Smythe > Presidents Trophy, Hart, & Lindsay

This is what's most annoying about this site. Everything has to be a pissing contest for some fans.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
There will be four "Expansion Draft" segments in the show tonight. Eight players in first three segments and six in the last one.

Tweeted out by sinbinvegas...don't know if legit

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Congrats to AUSTON MATTHEWS on the Calder win. Both sports net and TSN have said he is going to be the first player to take all available first place votes (first in almost 30 years or something crazy). Kid obviously deserves it, and it wasn't debateable

MeowLeafs

LM is awesome
Oct 20, 2008
Baconland
Congrats to AUSTON MATTHEWS on the Calder win. Both sports net and TSN have said he is going to be the first player to take all available first place votes (first in almost 30 years or something crazy). Kid obviously deserves it, and it wasn't debateable

THAT TORONTO BIAS!
Who had the better ppg AND gpg again?

:sarcasm:

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013

I agree. I believe mcdavid will win. But if Sid did win it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world imo. It's ok b2b playoff Mvps makes this crosbys league still

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
FYI:

The trades when confirmed will have threads on the Trade board so head there for more in-depth discussions on those.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
There will be four "Expansion Draft" segments in the show tonight. Eight players in first three segments and six in the last one.

Tweeted out by sinbinvegas...don't know if legit

I'm amazed they aren't waiting til the last second to announce the roster. I was planning on not turning it on til 9 for that reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad