NHL: Around the League 52

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
What do you guys think the Oilers need in order to win a cup? They are so close.

The Oilers didn't play very well defensively in the first two periods tonight. They just kind of showed up. Yet the Nucks had a single digit shot total late into the second.

I don't know how to describe it. It's like they think they're so elite they'll play down to their opponent...yet they haven't won a damn thing yet.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Just looking through the standings… is it just me or do we have a severe shortage of tanking teams next year. San Jose obviously. But Anaheim Chicago Columbus are all trying to take a step forward. Maybe Capitals bottom out? Calgary?

I bet the hawks can improve 20 points next year and still finish bottom 4.

Joemoe

Aug 3, 2015
Just looking through the standings… is it just me or do we have a severe shortage of tanking teams next year. San Jose obviously. But Anaheim Chicago Columbus are all trying to take a step forward. Maybe Capitals bottom out? Calgary?

I bet the hawks can improve 20 points next year and still finish bottom 4.
Depends if anybody decides to blow it up, but yeah right now there is a lot of teams have been rebuilding for awhile now and just want to get better instead of being a tank team.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Nucks 4 min PP = zero shots on goal and they gave up a breakaway that Silovs bailed them out on

13-2 shots in favor of Oilers after period 1

Just completely embarrassing effort from Nucks at home in a game 7!

Reactions: Pez68

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Watching Hughes fumble around out there makes me appreciate just how good Keith was. Now there’s a defenseman who elevated his game when the going got tough.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Watching Hughes fumble around out there makes me appreciate just how good Keith was. Now there’s a defenseman who elevated his game when the going got tough.

He’s been very good this series and these playoffs.

Bad period for him, for sure, but if you remember back to the first period of Game 6 against Boston, it was a similar one-sided ass-kicking and Keith didnt look great through 20 either.

Point is, you can isolate a bad period for any elite player. Game is still tied. He has plenty of time to make magic. He’s clearly Vancouver’s best player and easily a top 5 dman in the league. Id trade any Dman on the Blackhawks roster or in their system for him, no question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad