NHL: Around the League 52

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
If Carolina is itchy to make changes, I know a team in Illinois that Necas and Teuvo would look good on

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
The good thing about the Canes losing is Jaeger once again having to eat his dumbass advanced stats.

Also, we’ll be taking Teuvo thank you.

I'm not a maestro of advanced stats. But at the bare minimum the Canes, to me, look like a team that could grind their way deep on any year...depending on the matchup. Not the best team in the league in any given year, just a team that relies on fundamentals.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Any team that trades away assets and gives Necas 8 x $8M+ is setting itself up for failure

Fine, then Teuvo and Noesen. There are potentially a lot of good parts to be had on Carolina, and probably for a lot cheaper than the likes of Stamkos, Marchessault, etc

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
No thanks to Tuevo either. Handing out UFA contracts to guys 30+ years old (unless they're Connor McDavid and even then...) is a guaranteed way to have a negative AAV to production ratio. He's going to want 7 years $7+million and I want no part of it

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I can smell some bias going on in the Oilers/Canucks series. ;)
The Hawks are going to be ordering that up at the drive through in the playoffs a few years from now...

"Uh yeah I'll take the playoff special treatment because of our generational superstar player extra value meal please" :naughty:

Reactions: Lupuls Grit

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Kotkaniemi stuff was amusing as fan but it has really turned out badly for Canes at this point

He showed flashes of putting it together last year but regressed this season. The only positive for Canes is he is only 23 so there is still time for him to put it together

But I imagine they regret move at this point

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
No thanks to Tuevo either. Handing out UFA contracts to guys 30+ years old (unless they're Connor McDavid and even then...) is a guaranteed way to have a negative AAV to production ratio. He's going to want 7 years $7+million and I want no part of it
Yeah you’re right, we should probably leave Bedard on an island again. We should also enter the season below the cap floor because that’s legal.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Yeah you’re right, we should probably leave Bedard on an island again. We should also enter the season below the cap floor because that’s legal.

Or, you know, we could trade assets for 25-yr olds from teams circling the drain looking for draft picks.

Saying ‘dont waste money’ is not saying ‘dont improve the team’

But Im of the opinion Teuvo could be had for a fair amount.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad