NHL: Around the League 52

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Nurse, Ceci, and Bouchard are black holes on defense as well. Ekholm is fun to watch out there though he was a great pickup for them.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
How many 3rd period comebacks does Vancouver have this year? Some serious swagger to their game.

Of course, things like keep guys to the outside and block shots is lost on the Oilers when they just need to hunker down for a few minutes. Some things never change.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
That's fine and all, but having a top 5 PP in the league definitely factors in. I do think their inability to play any kind of D is the bigger factor, along with bad goaltending.
Factors in to them being better than what they are, but they aren't just PP merchants, they are also pretty good offensively, 5 on 5.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Both goalies in the Edmonton/Vancouver series are trash.

High danger chances were 10-5 for Vancouver.
Scoring chances were 21-12 for Vancouver.

I watched most of the game. Vancouver was the better team.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Is it just me or is Gus playing dam good hockey in NY.... and more physical then he ever was in Chicago?

Yet when he was in Chicago, he never seemed to change, was vulnerable defensively, not particularly physical and (of course) prone to major gaffes. Makes we wonder about Blackhawks coaching and why he struggled so much when he was here.

Same with Forsling BTW, but thiink most of us thought he was a lost cause. .... Now Forsling is the NHL dman leader in +50 something. He will never be a physical guy but he has learned to use his body effectively and his offensive game is fine. But, just like Gus, it helps a great deal to be playing for a high-end team.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Both goalies in the Edmonton/Vancouver series are trash.

High danger chances were 10-5 for Vancouver.
Scoring chances were 21-12 for Vancouver.

I watched most of the game. Vancouver was the better team.
Don't get me wrong, I like watching Oilers high powered offense led by McD and Drasaital but it takes more than that to win in the PO's. So many folks thinking Oilers will win the Cup. I don''t see it.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Joemoe

Aug 3, 2015
Kreider has been making the Rangers fans who wanted him traded during the rebuild look silly.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I see Panarin's game is the same in the PO's as it is in the RS... I'll just leave it at that.

On the other hand, Necas looks like he is on the verge of a star in the making.

LOL .... And then, Panarin scores on a beautiful deflection in OT. NYR now 7 wins in a row. Unreal.

Last edited:

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Series is way closer than 3-0, but Carolina’s offense always dries up.

Major changes are likely coming. Necas and Jarvis are RFA. Guentzel, Teravainen, Skjei, Pesce, Chatfield, Noesen, Martinook and Brind’amour are all UFA. That cheapskate organization won’t be able to keep them all.

Reactions: Pez68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad