NHL: Around the League 52

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Quinn has shown to not be a good NHL coach. Literally everyone on Rangers improved when he was gone (And they ended up in playoffs) after he was fired

He is a guy who looks like his ceiling and specialty is coaching kids in NCAA

Reactions: Pertti

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Kyle Davidson did everything in his power to build the worst team imaginable, and it still wasn't enough to out tank the Sharks

Sharks were projected to be much worse than the Hawks the beginning of the year. The injuries is what made the Hawks as terrible as the Sharks.

Joemoe

Aug 3, 2015
The sequence of the Leafs scoring the goal to tie the game at 2, missing a great opportunity right after that would give them the lead and then get scored on and that goal becomes the GWG for the Bruins is such a Leafs thing to happen.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I know Pittsburgh and Chicago are thought of as the best teams of the Cap era but Boston has basically been good for what? 15 straight seasons?
The good and bad of that is they are consistently built in a manner that only basically ever wins a cup 1 every 10ish years. The defense and physical play over enough High end scoring... and the last time they got to the final, they lost to another team that was built that way in St Louis

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Leafs 0 for 5 on the power play. I’m not a big hockey X’s and O’s person but why does the Toronto offense vanish in the playoffs? I know that playoff style hockey is much tighter than in the regular season but what specifically about their high octane offense doesn’t translate?

Or is this a coaching thing where they can’t match up in a series?

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
That was before we lost half of our team for the year.

... that is what I initially said. Hawks weren't suppose to be Starks bad UNTIL they got hit with injuries. People forget the Sharks started the season at a historically bad pace. People thought that was the worst team ever assembled at one point.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Pulling for Vegas to make it the WCF. That's where I put them in my bracket, and I did that for somewhat selfish reasons, hoping they go far enough to bump that TB pick up a spot. Go for 1st overall/19th overall again for day one of the draft.

Reactions: Drumman44

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Kings even up the series in overtime, damn these overtimes barely last, that 2015 Blackhawks playoffs run had so many long ones I though I was going to die.
Back then it was tough, even as a late 20's, early 30's guy during the runs. Drinking from 6pm until 2am on a Tuesday night... then getting up at 6am and going to work... not for the faint of heart. :laugh:

Not as bad these days now that I'm working from home.

Last edited:

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Dallas is in one now. Vegas is just heavy with talent everywhere.

Edmonton should win the series there no way LA can keep up with the scoring.

Toronto really needs to get Nylander back. Marner just doesnt have it in the playoffs. The depth isnt there. Its Matthews and thats it. Tavares has been fairly effective tho. I thought he was done.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Vegas plays such a heavy game. If they make it to WCF with Ed I would pick them every time. Depth through the F lines too.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Marner just doesnt have it in the playoffs.

GL-IHcEWcAEuJtG

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad