Confirmed with Link: NHL and Shanny deems that Gryba gets 2 games

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
I'm shocked it's more than 1. I saw 1 game coming as a way to calm the situation. But to give it 2 games says that they really think it's an illegal hit, which basically no neutral observer agrees with.

I wish I could be shocked too, but considering that its that joke named shanahan working for a joke of a league making the decision, I'm more shocked its not 10.

Darch

Jun 30, 2009
Suspended for hitting too hard. Bet Shanny says he should have let off. Then he'd gotten benched for letting the guy speed right by him.

Topside

Jul 2, 2009
This hit was somehow worse than Ference's? Ference is a repeat offender, too. AND didn't get punished on the ice with a major. Wow. Typical Montreal. It really can't even be debated anymore how that fanbase gets the appeasement treatment from the NHL. Unbelieveable. I'd like to see the justification video for this one. "Uhhh we deemed this hit was illegal because Habs fans would be mad if we didn't."

JuicyJ*

This hit was somehow worse than Ference's? Ference is a repeat offender, too. AND didn't get punished on the ice with a major. Wow. Typical Montreal. It really can't even be debated anymore how that fanbase gets the appeasement treatment from the NHL. Unbelieveable. I'd like to see the justification video for this one. "Uhhh we deemed this hit was illegal because Habs fans would be mad if we didn't."

You didn't see the Ference hit.

I'm not asking because I can clearly tell you didn't.

Prattalot

Jan 11, 2009
Winnipeg
Photo%202013-04-13%202%2021%2030%20PM.jpg

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Wow I didn't know you could get suspended for not hitting someone in the head.

They just wanna please the MTL fans. ****in ********.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
This is a joke. Shanahan is an embarrassment. Hard to believe he was a player for so long when he pulls bs like this only to preserve the "image" of the NHL. This is beyond gutless and beyond classless. The league should be ashamed of themselves.

Apaharn

Aug 12, 2008
Wouldn't surprise me if Shanahan made reference to the exercise bikes of days past.

Didn't he always have beef with this organization?

Between the officiating crew, the Habs diving for calls, no Spezza and a fully fit Karlsson, and now this ridiculous suspension, it is just another notch to the adversity post that the team must climb and overcome.

Gut check time.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
It's also unfortunate that Gryba will now have a history with the league, and any subsequent events he's involved in will be considered with that, unfairly, in mind.

Topside

Jul 2, 2009
You didn't see the Ference hit.

I'm not asking because I can clearly tell you didn't.

Wtf is this ****? Of course I saw it. I saw the deliberate elbow to the head. Hell, even what Brown did last night was worse than Gryba's. Are you trying to say that Ference shouldn't have been suspended?

???

Sensgirl65

The original EK fan
Jan 25, 2013
What a ****ing joke. Suspended for hitting hard? Suspended for the other player receiving a suicide pass and having his head down? Suspended because MTL fans are crying? Good to know the NHL is a hit-free league...

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
Clean hit, end result was horrendous, but the hit was not interference and was not high. Feel bad for ya sens fans, go kick their $#% tonight.

Apr 4, 2003
Embrun, ON
Shouldn't even have been a penalty called on the play. Totally clean hit.

Sil(f)ver lining - Wiercioch's skillset (puck movement, powerplay ability) are VERY much needed against such a quick Habs team. I was surprised Coach Paulrus didn't put him in the lineup for Game 1.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Shanahan needs to be relieved of his duties. Such a blatantly incompetent ****ing loser!

Welcome back to the line-up Patty Wierdcock. Show 'em how it's done.

Let the Sens rally on yet another show of disgusting NHL officiating against this team.

Gryba, stay strong man. Gryba complements the back-four of Cowen, Methot, and Phillips in giving this team size and physicality - we'll see him back again.

Eller, get well man.

JuicyJ*

Wtf is this ****? Of course I saw it. I saw the deliberate elbow to the head. Hell, even what Brown did last night was worse than Gryba's. Are you trying to say that Ference shouldn't have been suspended?

???

Look again. You clearly haven seen the hit. Ferences elbow never touched him.

You're being a whiny baby. Knock it off and grow up

????

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Wasn't it Shanahan who mocked the Sens because they used to give interviews on the stationary bikes or something? Just sayin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad