OT: NHL All-Time Draft, Round 2

In the NHL-ALL Time Draft, who do you have the Jets take?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Hello again from the NYR Boards. Due to requests from multiple posters across the boards, I've decided to continue the All Time draft into a second round. The rules for this draft are as follows, if you did not remember:

1. Every team gets a single pick in the round, and the draft order follows the standings as of 3/20/2020 (the first day of the draft). So even if a team traded its 1st Round pick in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft, they still get a choice in this draft.
2. All retired/inactive NHL players are considered eligible for this draft (including guys playing overseas like Jagr). This also includes players like Tretiak who never had an NHL career but are hockey legends in their own right. All active NHL players, as well as players whose rights are owned by an NHL team, are ineligible
3. It is assumed that player abilities are "up-to-date" with the modern game, so a player like Eddie Shore who played in a far different NHL will not be at a disadvantage compared to say Wayne Gretzky or Jaromir Jagr
4. All players will be drafted into the organization at the age of 18, similar to the NHL Entry Draft
5. It is assumed that players will have a similar ceiling to during their playing career, and have the ability to reach said ceiling, although this is not guaranteed. Similarly, they are not guaranteed to suffer the same injury woes they did during their career (should that be relevant)
6. I'll give 2-3 days for votes to come in before the next team goes on the clock.
7. In the event of a tie, I will set up a tiebreaker poll
8. Please check the below post before voting for a player, as it's possible they have already been taken. And remember again, active players are ineligible.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
32. Detroit Red Wings (1st round pick- Wayne Gretzky) - Sergei Fedorov
33. Ottawa Senators (Mario Lemieux) - Teemu Selanne
34. San Jose Sharks (Bobby Orr) - Stan Mikita
35. Los Angeles Kings (Gordie Howe)- Marcel Dionne
36. Anaheim Ducks (Jaromir Jagr) - Larry Robinson
37. New Jersey Devils (Nicklas Lidstrom) - Scott Stevens
38. Buffalo Sabres (Dominik Hasek) - Gilbert Perreault
39. Montreal Canadiens (Jean Beliveau) - Brett Hull
40. Chicago Blackhawks (Mark Messier) - Chris Chelios
41. Arizona Coyotes (Eric Lindros) - Bryan Trottier
42. Minnesota Wild (Joe Sakic) - Frank Mahovlich
43. Vancouver Canucks (Steve Yzerman) - Scott Niedermayer
44. Nashville Predators (Peter Forsberg) - Jacques Plante
45. Florida Panthers (Pavel Bure) - Brian Leetch
46. Calgary Flames (Mike Bossy) - Jarome Iginla
47. New York Rangers (Maurice Richard) - Red Kelly
48. Winnipeg Jets (Dale Hawerchuk) - On the Clock
49. New York Islanders (Denis Potvin) -
50. Columbus Blue Jackets (Guy Lafleur) -
51. Toronto Maple Leafs (Patrick Roy) -
52. Carolina Hurricanes (Ray Bourque) -
53. Dallas Stars (Doug Harvey) -
54. Edmonton Oilers (Bobby Hull) -
55. Vegas Golden Knights (Martin Brodeur) -
56. Pittsburgh Penguins (Ron Francis) -
57. Philadelphia Flyers (Bobby Clarke) -
58. Washington Capitals (Phil Esposito) -
59. Tampa Bay Lightning (Eddie Shore) -
60. Colorado Avalanche (Paul Coffey) -
61. St Louis Blues (Chris Pronger) -
62. Boston Bruins (Howie Morenz) -

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Voting:
I'll update this comment as each new vote comes in, but I can only count it if it's a single player vote (so not "Shore or Harvey" for example). If you're changing your vote later on, that's fine, just make a note of it. I apologize in advance if I am delayed in adding your vote, I am now working full-time so have much less free time on my hands

Mike Modano (2)- Daximus, lanky
Cam Neely (2)- SUX2BU, Flair Hay
Brad Park (1)- PhilJets
Vladislav Tretiak (1)- Cypruss
Valeri Kharlamov (1)- 10Ducky10
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sandvich's Best on the Board(tm):

C: Adam Oates, Frank Nighbor, Alex Delvecchio, Cyclone Taylor (C/D), Frank Boucher, Henri Richard, Syl Apps, Newsy Lalonde, Milt Schmidt
LW/RW: Brendan Shanahan, Ted Lindsay, Dit Clapper (RW/D), Cam Neely, Bill Cook, Sergei Makarov, Valeri Kharlamov, Jari Kurri, Charlie Conacher, Bernie Geoffrion, Andy Bathgate
D: Brad Park, Slava Fetisov, Al MacInnis, Larry Murphy, Pierre Pilote, King Clancy, Tim Horton, Bill Gadsby, Sprague Cleghorn, Earl Seibert, Borje Salming
G: Terry Sawchuk, Vladislav Tretiak, Ken Dryden, Glenn Hall

Last edited:

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
If you need me to pretend to do research on a player and instead just look at their wikipedia page, let me know.

Also, the Tanner Glass rule is currently in effect, so if nobody votes for an eligible player, you get him instead

Reactions: Jets

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I'm not a Leaf fan but I am a millennial and a lot of the names on the board don't mean much to me. My vote is for Mats Sundin. Don't need Chevy trading prime assets for a 2C when you have Ducky and Sundin on the roster.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I'm not a Leaf fan but I am a millennial and a lot of the names on the board don't mean much to me. My vote is for Mats Sundin. Don't need Chevy trading prime assets for a 2C when you have Ducky and Sundin on the roster.
Thanks for saving us from Tanner Glass.

Reactions: UnSandvich

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
If you guys are looking for a C, how about a guy like Frank Nighbor? First ever winner of the Hart and Lady Byng trophies, and elite defensively as well as offensively. Think a faster Patrice Bergeron

Also a hell of a lot of great Dmen still on the board, the best of whom is probably Slava Fetisov

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Alrighty folks, so it looks like we're currently tied. If nobody has the lead by tomorrow morning EST, I'll set up a tiebreaker poll

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
I was wanting to get the goalie locked up with Tretiak - but we can likely steal hellybuck or pokey reddick in the later rounds.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Alrighty folks, so it looks like we're currently tied. If nobody has the lead by tomorrow morning EST, I'll set up a tiebreaker poll
No need. I'll change my vote to Modano. I think Sundin out-performed over the same era, but that was an era where size was king. Today speed is king and that's what Modano had in spades.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Of those options, Cam Neely sounds the best to me. Sundin is a good option as well. Maybe not ideal for a all time of all timers draft. But I like adding some major toughness and scoring to the team.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Welp. Looks like we're still gonna need a tiebreaker vote at this rate, but at least it won't be just 3 players who'd gotten a grand total of 3 votes. Thanks folks

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Sorry about the delay folks, I'm adding the tiebreaker poll now. It will be active for the next 48 hours.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I've added a day to the poll, b/c it looks like it was going to end as a tie. However, it will be moving to a sudden death vote after 9pm EST tonight (approximately 2 hours 15 mins from now). The next vote for either player would win it for them.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
And it looks like Neely takes it, thanks folks.
Someone talk me down off the ledge. I wasn’t alive when Neely played, but he finished less than PPG and only played 13 years? Did injuries get to him or something?

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Someone talk me down off the ledge. I wasn’t alive when Neely played, but he finished less than PPG and only played 13 years? Did injuries get to him or something?

Pretty bad. Dirty hit by Ulf Samuelsson in the 1990-91 playoffs basically destroyed Neely's knee. Played just 22 games in the following 2 seasons combined. And that's in addition to the degenerative hip issue that basically forced his retirement at 31.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad