GDT: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
So I wasn't the only one scratching my head. What happened with the other divisions? I'm sorry, something has got to be done to add to the excitement level.

Baseball has it's HR derby which is awesome. The NBA sucks but at least the dunk competition and 3 points scoring contests are excellent. Not sure what the NFL has but I hear they have something.

If NHL put their heads together, the skills event could be really good. They need to come up with something...they really do. Tonight was supremely disappointing.

NFL's was actually pretty good this year. All new events including dodgeball

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
A competition featuring the best hockey players in the world and the NHL can't even make it at least somewhat interesting. This all star skills competition is an embarrassment to fans. It's not even "fun".

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
Very cool of Price to let Kesler's kid score.

It was nice... but I gotta ask... Why are they letting his kid on the ice... people watching and people who paid want to see NHL stars. Are we going to have a full team of kids shooting next year. Sounds mean but it just bugs me.

DC4MVP

Visit Our Site For Online Coaching/Film Breakdown!
Dec 23, 2016
Minnesota
www.dchockey.net
Jesus....

That was the worst 2 hours and 15 mins of hockey I've watched in a long time.

So much standing around, commercials, and horrid camera angles. Not to mention the P.A. guy sounds like he's from a DIII college.

That 4 line shot thing was horrible and boring. Did they really expect even NHLers to score those goals? Props to Mike Smith...that was cool, though.

And why did they get rid of the shootout challenge? All that shootout was is 18 guys shooting into the chest or 5-hole of the goalies, one awesome kid, and Burns doing the only thing the least bit interesting...

NHL needs to rethink this. Find a way to involve more players. Most of them, especially the goalies, didn't do anything after the break.

God that was bad.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
NFL's was actually pretty good this year. All new events including dodgeball

hahaha...didn't even know that they had it. Nice marketing NFL. When was it? I guess considering your review, I should go watch it if I can stream it or maybe it will be on a replay on NFL network or something.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
So I wasn't the only one scratching my head. What happened with the other divisions? I'm sorry, something has got to be done to add to the excitement level.

Baseball has it's HR derby which is awesome. The NBA sucks but at least the dunk competition and 3 points scoring contests are excellent. Not sure what the NFL has but I hear they have something.

If NHL put their heads together, the skills event could be really good. They need to come up with something...they really do. Tonight was supremely disappointing.

The conferences competes against each other first and then the two teams that wins those compete in the shootout, but I guess they also get to pick one player from the other division to compete for them and that shot it worth 2 points.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
It was nice... but I gotta ask... Why are they letting his kid on the ice... people watching and people who paid want to see NHL stars. Are we going to have a full team of kids shooting next year. Sounds mean but it just bugs me.

I agree

shouldn't be doing that.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015

Like half the skaters had their kids on the ice. Same as every year

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012

You're crazy. This is a FUN, FAMILY event. Having the kids there is great. Getting them involved? Even better.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Welp, this event sucked :laugh:

I don't think there was even a single special moment in the whole thing. Kesler's son scoring on Price was probably the highlight :laugh:

Oh yeah and Mike Smith scoring a goal.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Kids are always on the ice. This event is meaningless. The kid scoring will likely end up one of the highlights of the night for people. It was a dull, dull night.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
This would be so much better if the pulled the top players in each category to compete in the skills competition, not just have the all star players fill in the spots

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
hahaha...didn't even know that they had it. Nice marketing NFL. When was it? I guess considering your review, I should go watch it if I can stream it or maybe it will be on a replay on NFL network or something.

Videos are on NFL.com

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Snoop Dogg playing the original version of "The Next Episode" was the best part by a mile.

Was that where I thought I heard "mofo"? I thought I was hearing things but maybe I wasn't. NHL has to be a bit dissapointed at what happened tonight. Pretty poor all around. It's correctable tho. Organizers need to put their heads together and come up with a few things such as the ones I mentioned earlier. It was pretty much a snooze fest tonight and that's pretty dissapointing.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Kids are always on the ice. This event is meaningless. The kid scoring will likely end up one of the highlights of the night for people. It was a dull, dull night.

Yup pretty sure last year Burns kid scored a goal. Also a country singer did too. It's all about having a good time, not a serious event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad