NHL Adjusting "Team Hits" Stats

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
Seems like none, every team jumped 150+ from yesterday to today
a rising tide raises all boats..

certainly there were teams that "over reported" hits previously, but that fact is obscured by the comparative laxity of the new criteria.. I'm sure someone will release an analysis of this data that ID's which teams have been more generous/stingy with their hit stats

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Seems like none, every team jumped 150+ from yesterday to today
Under selling, I always wondered about that when looking at it in general.
I’m sure the are still some generous teams in comparison to some others.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
As someone that has gone through these stats often over the years...where shot locations, shot types, shots on goal, time on ice/shifts are wrong to the point that I was a little surprised...I hope that hits was not the main focus.

As a fan of team that is a known over-counter over the years...the fact that the team of Crosby, Malkin, Karlsson, Guentzel, etc..found even more hits is concerning...this is just not a physical teams. 20 hits per game? Does that include pucks hitting the boards...?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I’m guessIng their reviews showed hits as being the most egregiously wrong.

Dingo

Jul 13, 2018
I hope this moment, if it stays, is remembered historically, just like goalie pad changes.

It will bother me to no end to not only hear that Matthews is a better goalscorer than Ovechkin, but to also hear that he is nearly as physical, for instance.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
I’m guessIng their reviews showed hits as being the most egregiously wrong.

There are nights when they show or talk about teams having 18-20 hits a piece and I swear there were like 3.. in my mind it was over counted significantly before they did this.. but I grew up watching the NHL when it was practically pro wrestling too..

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad