NHL/8 Active Players That Were Arrested

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Well well well, color me shocked. Byfuglien consented to a breathalyzer test but not a urine sample. :rolleyes:

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Our fans were calling cops to get Chara arrested after Pacioretty hit.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Lmao 10 days in jail for underage drinking? The **** is that ****?

Has to be more to the Johnny Toews' story

North Dakota law allows for a maximum of a year in jail for a 2nd underage drinking offense; however I went to UND and nobody I knew did jail time for drinking offenses, and there were a lot.
Maybe Toews was stuck with a crazy-ass judge, or, more likely, there's something else we don't know about.

Last edited:

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
It was a whirlwind for Kings fans having arrests pop up one after another. Voynov, Richards, and Stoll.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Thornton is an active player that was arrested also, for assault on a police officer.

His is a lot more interesting then these ones.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Out of curiosity who are you referring to?

Casey Cizikas. From wikipedia:

During a rugby football game in 2007, Cizikas tackled Manny Castillo in what was described by Cizikas as a "headlock." Castillo died of a head injury two days later; it was noted by physicians that two weeks prior to the battle with Cizikas, Castillo suffered a major concussion. One doctor testified that Castillo's concussion was severe enough that it should have kept him out of competition with physical contact for a full year. The Castillo family supported Cizikas throughout his ordeal and believed the death to have been accidental, asking that Cizikas be spared punishment. Their request could not be met, however, because Peel Regional Police supported Cizikas' conviction, as the tackle led to a death. Castillo's father provided a statement that called for fighting in youth hockey to be abolished, but again did not blame Cizikas for his son's death.[16]

In 2009, Cizikas was found guilty of manslaughter by Judge Bruce Duncan, who believed Cizikas used "unnecessary force." He was given a sentence of one year probation and 100 hours of community service.[17]

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes