TSN: NHL 30 Teams "The James Duthie laughs at the Panthers edition"

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Hubby went from being one of the best prospects while he played for team Canada, to basically being nothing since he plays for Florida.

These ass holes at TSN piss me off more and more. I use to love them but they're so far up Canada's ass it's a joke.

They're standings basically always look like this in the East:

1-8: All other teams except Washington.

11-15: Remaining southeast teams.

Soon Winnipeg will swap with Washington and then all American teams down in the pathetic Southleast will never reach higher than 11th overall.

Like WTF does Mike Johnson even know about anything? Washed up hockey player that can't get a coaching gig.

RECsGuy*

Not a whole lot off with what MJ had to say. Of Florida's two big additions on offense, one has serious issues staying healthy and the other has never played a game of pro hockey. What the panel didn't factor in was Dineen, who seems to do well when given a motley crew. I see the offense improving, but defense and goaltending regressing.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Its amazing the praise a team(Ottawa) gets, its like they improved majorly over the off season.

Instead Karlsson was nothing special in the WC or the FEL.

I also have to laugh at the fact they are showing in division highlights, but for the Rangers they showed Lundqvist saves against the Capitals and Richards goal in game 7 against the Capitals. They really hate the South East.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
People said the same thing last year. We have reasons to be concerned but it could go either way. Thinking we'll definitely miss out on the playoffs shows how little they learned from last season's prediction.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Hubs was our leading scorer in preseason last year. I think if he can stay healthy, he's going to put up good numbers. I expect him to make up for Garrison's offense, plus some.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Umm.. Right off the bat they had Kulikov ranked on our D depth chart as #5 I was wondering is this ESPN coverage

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Meh, whatever, not gonna get worked up over it. He's right to a degree, but all the talking heads were proven wrong last season.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Hubby went from being one of the best prospects while he played for team Canada, to basically being nothing since he plays for Florida.

These ass holes at TSN piss me off more and more. I use to love them but they're so far up Canada's ass it's a joke.

They're standings basically always look like this in the East:

1-8: All other teams except Washington.

11-15: Remaining southeast teams.

Soon Winnipeg will swap with Washington and then all American teams down in the pathetic Southleast will never reach higher than 11th overall.

Like WTF does Mike Johnson even know about anything? Washed up hockey player that can't get a coaching gig.

This post made me lol. So much truth!

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Whatever. I can't say on here what I think about the Canadian hockey media. We proved those so-called experts last year and hopefully do it again. I just find it so pathetic that these guys are supposed to be the most knowledgeable of the sport and they put one Southeast team in the playoffs when basically four out of the five have a more than decent chance.

Lampshade85

Oct 29, 2010
Florida
They had a few good points but their overall assessment was garbage. How do they know the offense hasn't been improved? Or that the Panthers aren't going to repeat what they did last season? The truth is they don't know. So let them laugh it just gives our players more inspiration to make those analysts eat their own words.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
they're not wrong in anything they said. we struggled to score goals last year, and didn't add any proven commodities to fix that void.

that being said, we made the playoffs last year with an abysmal offense, and we can make it again with an abysmal offense if we play the same type of game.

i'm a seahawks fan in the NFL. every pundit had us finishing dead last with Arizona in the division...we ended up being a legit super-bowl contender. hell, going into the playoffs we almost became the super-bowl FAVORITE to come out of the NFC. these pre-season analysis mean nothing....and just makes it more fun, proving them wrong.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Duthie really didn't laugh at Huby and Mueller. He asked "how can the Panthers get more offense?" and Johnson came back with a quick "they can't". Duthie gave a polite chuckle. I like Duthie. I can't stand Johnson. His smug attitude towards the Panthers and his pretty boy persona. Sometimes I wish Chaser would just clock him over the head.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
The Panthers could certainly use more offensive output, no question. They also didn't get Mueller, Kuba, and even Kovalev to just fill spots, they're here to score to some extent.

That said, the Panthers also had one of the worst offenses and still made the playoffs so as important as it is, it isn't everything. Nothing compares to a balanced team game.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Their words have no effect on what happens on the ice.

To me it seems like other teams have done more to improve themselves than what the Panthers have done.

The team can't score easily so the margin for error is low.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I have to deal with Mike Johnson on TSN everyday, let him think Florida will miss the playoffs. I've seen most of the talking heads on NBC or TSN have Florida missing the playoffs and Washington or Carolina winning the Southeast.

Carolina's offense got better with J.Staal and Semin and they arguably have the best or second best offense along with Tampa Bays' stellar core of Lecavalier,St.Louis and Stamkos. Tampa had the 9th best Goals for per game last year and missed the playoffs as did Toronto (10th),Winnipeg(12th), Carolina(16th) and Buffalo at (17th).
We had the 27th but still won the division which ultimately proves nothing for the argument that we need to score more.

We obviously do need to score more but we had a 14-player overhaul, new coach, new system and gelled together alot better than people ever thought. Add a healthy Mueller who can hopefully get 10-15 goals, Hubredeau who hopefully can get 10-15 and Kovalev with 10 too.

This season will be more defensive minded anyhow, with less games, comes less risks. Florida will fight to make the playoffs, i honestly don't see another Southeast crown but i see a 7th or 8th seed if we stay healthy, improve our PP and PK and most of all get some overtime and shootout wins. Every point counts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad