NHL 24 Discussion

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
The games will continue being bad until one company doesn’t have a monopoly on NHL Hockey video games. Giving EA exclusive rights to anything should be seen as essentially a death sentence, the only question is how long will everyone keep dropping $60 on what boils down to roster updates.
This is so true. When 2k announced 12ish years ago they wouldn't make a hockey game anymore what did EA do? They cut their NHL dev team in half. Unreal.

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I encountered my personal worst or second worst CPU ice tilt ever last night in franchise mode. Lost game 1 in the second round of the playoffs (BUF v. BOS) 3-1 after outshooting the Bruins about 46-9. Got robbed on grade A chances galore--odd man rushes, one timers from high danger areas, tips in traffic, a breakaway, etc.

Had one play where I got behind the net and circled to the front, faked the cross ice pass, dished to a triggerman in the slot and picked the high corner on a one timer--Ullmark somehow gets a glove on it despite playing deep in the net. He also made a diving save on a mini 2 on 1 on a powerplay, and I had a tap in go awry when my player broke their stick on the shot.

Meanwhile, the goals scored against me:
-A legitimately nice back door passing sequence with good possession down low.

-I successfully pokecheck Pastrnak near the blue line. Of course, the puck doesn't actually have enough force to exit the zone, and he can stop on a dime and turn around immediately. He completes a successful blind backhand saucer pass as he's getting crushed by a forward coming back. His teammate one times it from the high slot, my defenseman partially blocks it, and my goalie, for some reason, went full spread eagle to try and save a shot that was initially going at his chest. He lets the puck trickle between his legs for the goal because goalies still usually fail to react to non-clean shots.

-Another pokecheck gone awry where I contact the puck, the CPU gets the broken arm reach back/windmill animation to retain puck possession, glides by my defender, and scores on a partial breakaway.

The only game I can remember getting close to this was one in NHL 12 where I was playing the Rangers in the playoffs, it went to triple OT, and I lost despite outshooting them something like 80-45 because Lundqvist went god mode.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad