Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 23 HUT

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Notice we dont have a HUT talk for this season. Figured id make a thread for us players.

Any tips/ team builds/ strats or anything to do with HUT 23 welcome here

Here is a link for an easy way to show your team or directly compare players

Last edited:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Like the power up element of HUT and how some players can change synergies. I've faced a few Shesterkin's and they appear to be godly. Lot of these goalie save%s are like in the .930s

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
Like the power up element of HUT and how some players can change synergies. I've faced a few Shesterkin's and they appear to be godly. Lot of these goalie save%s are like in the .930s
I think the save percentage stat it shows in game is broken and just used his nhl totals from last year I know for a fact mine isn’t .930 but it shows it each time anyway

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Did You guys make any fantasy players?

I broke my team and xfs down to make Stutzle lol. Smart choice? Nah. But i love this event so had to do it

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Did You guys make any fantasy players?

I broke my team and xfs down to make Stutzle lol. Smart choice? Nah. But i love this event so had to do it
Didn't understand what's so great about them so passed. How does he play? I went the X-Factor route, pulled Crosby from the 50 gold players for random choice set. Trying to grind him up but can't afford a base Crosby card right now to boost him past 85 overall.

Reactions: Taluss

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Didn't understand what's so great about them so passed. How does he play? I went the X-Factor route, pulled Crosby from the 50 gold players for random choice set. Trying to grind him up but can't afford a base Crosby card right now to boost him past 85 overall.

He plays ok, I only got him cuz hes my fav Sens player and he will most likely hit 99.

Kinda weird but the Perfetti fantasy choice card feels really good for some reason. Have him on my top line despite being so low ov.

To answer your first question (in Case you didnt know) every time they score a goal irl their card goes up by 1 until they hit 99. So its a fun event to get ya to follow the team/ player more irl and root for em to score

Reactions: Wats

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
As a FYI;

Keep in mind as You complete the games required to Max one of these players; The players DO STACK. So if You have 2 milestone players in your team that counts as 2 games played while only playing 1.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Stutzle fantasy card looking great for me rn. Already búmped up by 3 ov.

Whoever got Dobson/ Dahlin from choice back are laughing too. They looking great

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Honestly I don't know how I'd knock the juiced players like McDavid off the puck without Weager with truculence on. He's saving me from the people who circle around behind the net looking for the wrap cheese. Is there any other D that is as good?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Honestly I don't know how I'd knock the juiced players like McDavid off the puck without Weager with truculence on. He's saving me from the people who circle around behind the net looking for the wrap cheese. Is there any other D that is as good?

Idk about Dman, I’m still working on mine and they are smaller.

But this card is a beast. Specifically this one due to unstoppable force (so his higher ov cards I don’t find are as good) Works incredible on offense and if you position him right on D he’s also solid there. *** but you gotta be patient with him on offense.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Anyone free to play people manage to get some TOTY players? I saved up a bunch of my reward packs and was able to get McDavid. Played and realized how good these cards are and trying to get Matthews. Blew up my roster up and pretty much all my collection...still only have 36 collectibles. :laugh:

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
8D67CD37-188E-465E-B87C-780A61622DC8.jpeg

This gets old

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Anyone free to play people manage to get some TOTY players? I saved up a bunch of my reward packs and was able to get McDavid. Played and realized how good these cards are and trying to get Matthews. Blew up my roster up and pretty much all my collection...still only have 36 collectibles. :laugh:

I have Josi, Makar, McDavid, Matthews and Mackinnon.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I didn't realize how bad goalies are until I started playing again in the new year. Didn't seem like an issue when I was playing against teams littered with base cards, but now that we've gotten past TOTY and the Xmas season with highly rated card drops seemingly everyday my goalies are getting lit up. I've tried big guys, I've tried highly rated guys and no matter what I do the issues remain the same.

I'm gonna go back to trying base Helle because he was the guy I was rolling with before everything went to hell, but I'm not going to hold my breath that he's any better.

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
No one will beat these stats:
Shots against: 1
Saves: -1
Goals against: 2

Vasi let in the first shot of the game from the blue line. 30 seconds later there is a one on one situation, I check the opposing player who loses the puck and falls while the puck continues to glide and slips in between Vasis legs.

B376DDFC-3623-4EAC-9634-CACCAC1DB0AF.jpeg

This was in early November so I think I bought him for like 60K and dumped him right after this game for 950 or whatever you get for a quick sell cause I got so pissed.

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
I didn't realize how bad goalies are until I started playing again in the new year. Didn't seem like an issue when I was playing against teams littered with base cards, but now that we've gotten past TOTY and the Xmas season with highly rated card drops seemingly everyday my goalies are getting lit up. I've tried big guys, I've tried highly rated guys and no matter what I do the issues remain the same.

I'm gonna go back to trying base Helle because he was the guy I was rolling with before everything went to hell, but I'm not going to hold my breath that he's any better.

I seem to have a hard time scoring on Markstrom and Shesterkin, both base cards.

I alter Husso and Roy, both 89s and I think they are both solid. They give up a maximum of 3 per game on Superstar.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Been running 74 Bishop after using my 89 Gudlevics for TOTY collectibles. Honestly can't tell difference. Not that he's good but he's stopping what I figured was sure goals here and there. I'm only div3 though so probably not playable in higher divs.

Reactions: SnS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad