GDT: NHL 2023 Draft (Day 1) - Kraken edition - 4 PM PT, ESPN, ESPN+, SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I'm happy with him and with the fact the Kraken keep emphasizing skilled prospects.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I had Sale twentieth, coincidentally. This was my write-up for him.

Sale - There are several reasons to think Eduard Sale might be a big upside player. He has a lot of room left on his 6’2 frame to get stronger and more dynamic. He has great hands and skating that could pop with more athleticism. Getting out of the Czech league could lead to a big breakout of his offensive potential. But he’s been one of the most inconsistent prospects for years at all levels, including internationally. It’s still hard to know what he is because there are a lot of off games for him. I could see him becoming a good NHL scorer but without the consistent drive and edge that teams covet for the playoffs.

My hope is that with better training and more muscle he'll be able to work harder and take out some of that game to game inconsistency. This is not a "Kraken" pick in the sense that he doesn't look like anyone else in the organization. He's not a high motor guy who plays with a big heart. This is a home run swing type of selection, let's hope the talent pays off in the end.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Yeah buddy. Michkov. :snide:

Not as stoked on Philly's other pick, nor Seattle's tbh. But he has speed and playmaking ability so I'll warm up hopefully.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Not a single trade in the first round.
giphy.gif

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
I like the Kraken pick. He's going to need some time and work, add some muscle, but he has a high ceiling imo. Has all the raw talent and abilities you want I think. Good pick.

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
What’s this about sale maybe has middling effort and might frustrate fans and coaches?

Well right now he definitely will. You never know what you're going to get from Sale. But it's very early for him, a lot of runway left.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Day two will be interesting.
The Kraken do have three picks in the 2nd round but they're all late and not that exciting.

I really hope Francis can somehow get himself motivated into trading close to the top 40 with all those picks he has.
For as much as there's hype of this draft being very good and deep, I think there's a cut after the top 45 or so and right before the Kraken actually got to pick again.

The best players remaining for me are:
Riley Heidt
Michael Hrabal
Ethan Gauthier
Oscar Fisker Moelgaard
Gavin Brindley
Andrew Cristall
Anton Wahlberg
Jayden Perron
Hunter Brustewicz
Koehn Ziemmer
Danny Nerlson
Gracyn Sawchin
Kasper Halttunen

That still doesn't include much defense but I think you could take a swing at a guy like Beau Akey, if he's still there at one of those picks in the 50's.

Last edited:

rsteen

Oct 1, 2022
Day two will be interesting.
The Kraken do have three picks in the 2nd round but they're all late and not that exciting.

I really hope Francis can somehow get himself motivated into trading close to the top 40 with all those picks he has.
Or use them to make another Bjorkstrand-like trade.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Or use them to make another Bjorkstrand-like trade.

I don't thinkk we need another Bjorkstrand like trade.
We've got enough good players.

If we do make a trade it needs to be for high end talent, either on offense or defense.

BTW: The 2nd round is about to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad