GDT: NHL 2015-2016 Out of Town Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
If he was a 4th line goon-or Marchand/Marchand like reputation-yes. But he is a star so he will get the star treatment. No more than 2 games and likely not that.

Stupid move by Keith, I know he was pissed off but that was just plain dumb.

He'll get the star treatment and IIRC he doesn't have a history of doing this. 5 games tops.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Still has more goals, assists, and points than anyone on the Bruin's back end though...

And has been on the ice for more than any of the Bruins defenders 5 on 5 too.

Those extra 4 points he has than Krug is totally worth the extra 28 more goals he's been on the ice for than him.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Why is anybody still talking about Dougie Hamilton? All but the most delusional anti-management types have long understood the Bruins were not in his long (or even short) term plans.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Why is anybody still talking about Dougie Hamilton? All but the most delusional anti-management types have long understood the Bruins were not in his long (or even short) term plans.

It is the out of town thread and it did start off with an acknowledgment of Looch's amazing work. Then moved on to how awful Dougie looked. Seems like this is the perfect thread to discuss Looch and Dougie.

Gotta say I miss Looch. Dougie not really (although I'm not loving our current back end either).

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
It's the 'out of Town' thread and he's out of Town:dunno:

It is the out of town thread and it did start off with an acknowledgment of Looch's amazing work. Then moved on to how awful Dougie looked. Seems like this is the perfect thread to discuss Looch and Dougie.

Gotta say I miss Looch. Dougie not really (although I'm not loving our current back end either).

I was being facetious. ;)

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
So if the Wild would have won tonight they would have no reason to win tomorrow?
At this point of the season, it is all about winning your games when chasing for a po spot.

Where in my post did I say that? Right. Nowhere.

What I'm saying is them losing last night will make them even more desperate to win tonight.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I still say Lucic was ruined when Claude/Chia/Neely(and probably Bettman) pulled his fangs after the Weise incident. He was supposed to be a big, imposing power forward who led by fear and intimidation, but they wouldn't let him do exactly that because of "appearances". So he was left not knowing whether to **** or wind his watch. Couple that with his Dad's situation, it was a real bad year.

I miss him too.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Actually, Lucic made these sick passes all the time. His passing skills were very underrated here. I'm sure someone better at it than I (no idea what to do) could post some of those gems.

Lucic made great passes when he was moving , when he was standing still he often gave the puck up . I miss Lucic .:shakehead

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I still say Lucic was ruined when Claude/Chia/Neely(and probably Bettman) pulled his fangs after the Weise incident. He was supposed to be a big, imposing power forward who led by fear and intimidation, but they wouldn't let him do exactly that because of "appearances". So he was left not knowing whether to **** or wind his watch. Couple that with his Dad's situation, it was a real bad year.

I miss him too.

I thought he was thrown to the wolves last year ,revolving door line mates , no Krejci for most of the year or Horton or Iginla on RW. He caught fire when put with the kids : Spooner and Pasta .

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Actually, Lucic made these sick passes all the time. His passing skills were very underrated here. I'm sure someone better at it than I (no idea what to do) could post some of those gems.

Nice to know I wasn't the only one to notice this. I sure miss # 17.

When we were in LA the fans there told us they really like him.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I thought he was thrown to the wolves last year ,revolving door line mates , no Krejci for most of the year or Horton or Iginla on RW. He caught fire when put with the kids : Spooner and Pasta .

That line (Looch, Spooner and Pasta) was fun to watch.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

This is so true. Looch was kind of screwed last season in Boston-but he could and can produce. I think perhaps the move to LA was good for him-his type of game is tolerated out west more than in the east and the Kings seem to be a good fit. Like I said I still miss him and the way he left the city was very classy (yes over used word but it fits).

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
Where in my post did I say that? Right. Nowhere.

What I'm saying is them losing last night will make them even more desperate to win tonight.

I misunderstood your post and I apologize if it caused you any anger....

All in all, the B's need to focus and win and the way they are playing the last while it is very difficult to have an optimistic mind set trying to cheer for them to victory.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I misunderstood your post and I apologize if it caused you any anger....

All in all, the B's need to focus and win and the way they are playing the last while it is very difficult to have an optimistic mind set trying to cheer for them to victory.

I will say if the Bruins focus on winning the remaining games and put the points up-what happens to Detroit won't matter. Bruins need to take control of their destiny and that lies in winning the games. It would still be nice if Detroit lost them though.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I will say if the Bruins focus on winning the remaining games and put the points up-what happens to Detroit won't matter. Bruins need to take control of their destiny and that lies in winning the games. It would still be nice if Detroit lost them though.

THIS ^

The B's need to win games. It is in their hands.

I hope they get in for at least one round to get the kids some playoff experience.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

Yes, you are correct . Sadly , I am not feeling very confident at the moment ,such a fragile team that appears to be fading . Prove me wrong boys tonight with a win !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad