Prospect Info: NHL 2013 Draft ...Avs won the draft lottery !!! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
To celebrate, Johnson should take Jones out for a celebratory round of golf.

As long as EJ doesn't drive the cart!

Hoping for Jones, enough though his YouTube clips don't get as many hits as Mackinnon's or Drouin's.

Jones - Johnson
Hejda - Barrie
Wilson - Elliott
O'Brien

Drop Hunwick and Zanon off at the corner gas station.

Even if they don't take Jones, I fully back up Percy's pick. He's been good so far.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I know a lot are scared of Jones becoming Johnson 2.0, but imagine if this guy turns out to be on Doughty or Pietrangelo's level in a few years? Unreal.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I know a lot are scared of Jones becoming Johnson 2.0, but imagine if this guy turns out to be on Doughty or Pietrangelo's level in a few years? Unreal.

I know most people hate Craig Button but when he compared the diffrences between when Johnson went 1st and when Jones will. I was sold.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
Assuming we draft Jones.

Barrie-E. Johnson
Wilson-Elliott
Hejda-Jones

Alot better than the abortion we saw this year for most of the year. They're young and will make mistakes, but they are way way more talented than the hacks we had out there this year. Atleast they'll be able to retrieve pucks and move it quickly to the forwards.

Also Hejda-Jones would be the 2nd pairing and Wilson-Elliott would be the third.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Draft would work out great for top 3.

Avs get their d-man

Florida gets Mackinnon ... Huberdeau - Mackinnon top line

TB gets Drouin ... Drouin - Stampkos

That would be great for the southea... errr Conference 1 (FLA teams and the current NE division)

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

I would say he has even more potential then that to be honest with you.

Its really impossible to figure out what he'll become. I think he could easily become a Weber type guy.

Or, dare I say it, Lidstrom?

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
EJ and Jones are different players, no reason to feel weird about drafting him.
we weren't good at drafting C's or goalies and then all of a sudden we're knee deep in them and draft studs at those positions like crazy.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Jones in the first round and a two way forward in the second. The same balance as Landeskog and Siemens.

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013

Yeah, I have my concerns but I don't think the Avs are really as bad as they finished this year and can afford to risk it. I would still rather take one of the forwards but at the same time I don't want us being like Edmonton.

It's no question this team needs defense.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
I know most people hate Craig Button but when he compared the diffrences between when Johnson went 1st and when Jones will. I was sold.

We dont hate Button , he wasnt a good GM at all , but he's a great judge of character when it's about young players . Just because you're good at something doesnt mean that you're good at everything . Button should have stayed with the scouting , that's his strength.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
We dont hate Button , he wasnt a good GM at all , but he's a great judge of character when it's about young players . Just because you're good at something doesnt mean that you're good at everything . Button should have stayed with the scouting , that's his strength.

I agree. I like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad