NHL 20 Open Beta (July 26th-July 31st)

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Posting this here in case anyone doesn't check the EA NHL forum.

The NHL 20 beta is officially out and will run until Wednesday, July 31st. It includes Versus, World of Chel (EASHL/drop-ins), Pro-Am, and 1's.

EA SPORTS - NHL 20 Open Beta
Get your first taste of NHL® 20 in the Open Beta, featuring the World of CHEL and the all-new Eliminator mode from July 26 to July 31 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Get into the Beta by going to the Xbox Store or PlayStation Store and downloading it from there! Not only is it a great chance for you to try out NHL 20, you can also provide us with valuable information on how the game can be improved before launch.

Also note that this build is 8 weeks old, and they have since made changes to it.

NHL 20 - CHEL Notes - Open Beta Gameplay
For NHL 20, we cut the beta build eight weeks prior to today, meaning that there are 8 additional weeks that you’re not going to see and feel in the beta. You’re playing an early, work-in progress version of the game. Some of our new gameplay features were not fully ready to be included in the beta build, so we want to share important context around the gameplay experience you will be playing in the beta, specifically in comparison to where we are now and what will be in the final game.

Below we have captured the improvements in each of our three gameplay focus area, which have been addressed since the Beta experience.

Reactions: SniperHF
Sep 19, 2008
I like the new presentation. The score on bottom is nice. About to see if the download finished, been out of the house all day

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Hopefully it’s better than 19, which imo was the worst NHL gameplay and UI wise I have ever played.

Reactions: Quack

RussianRifle27

Dec 3, 2007
I skipped NHL 19 and it was the first one I didn't buy in a long time going back to NHL 08. The physics and so much more have been terrible in NHL 18 going back to I believe NHL 15. Does anyone know if they've reinstated where you create your own pro you use in EASHL and drop in where you can actually choose your player's height and weight instead of just selecting a predefined "sniper" or "playmaker" build? It used to be where the more games you played and points you scored the more XP you would get to unlock point s to apply to different categories making each player unique. Of course they took that away and put in this cookie cutter system.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Do they usually run it for this short of a period? Won't be able to play much the next few days so no real use downloading it. Gonna get the game like I always do anyways.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I skipped NHL 19 and it was the first one I didn't buy in a long time going back to NHL 08. The physics and so much more have been terrible in NHL 18 going back to I believe NHL 15. Does anyone know if they've reinstated where you create your own pro you use in EASHL and drop in where you can actually choose your player's height and weight instead of just selecting a predefined "sniper" or "playmaker" build? It used to be where the more games you played and points you scored the more XP you would get to unlock point s to apply to different categories making each player unique. Of course they took that away and put in this cookie cutter system.

There are pre-defined builds which you can adjust the height and weight a certain amount (which impacts skating/hitting/strength/balance), and there are three perk slots which add and take away from attributes. So for example, strength 2 with add +5 strength but -4 discipline and like -3 deking. I wish they'd go back to the XP system.

Do they usually run it for this short of a period? Won't be able to play much the next few days so no real use downloading it. Gonna get the game like I always do anyways.

It's usually only for about a week, the game comes out in a month and half.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I've seen only two clips and I'm already tired of it. Who even is that guy? I've never heard him during NHL broadcasts.
I think he did a few Canucks pre-season games a while back...and there's good a reason why that's all he's done. I'm leaving commentary volume set to zero all year. It's rough.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
The new scoreboard, goal graphics and new commentary are not good. Even the box art is weird.
I agree. It looks like what the competitor would make when another series has the proper licenses. Same goes for Cybulski.

Sep 19, 2008
general consensus is this was a bust. I played for like an hour and gave up on it. Def not buying.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
The beta is (was?) so bad that the game is unintentionally funny. At this point, there might as well not be an NHL game.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
And i'll say it again, they were complete IDIOTS to even bother releasing a demo that was a 2 month old build. What the hell did they think people were going to say about it? That's why i didnt even bother trying it out, I knew it would be a disaster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad