OT: NHL 20 Fantasy Draft Sim

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Alright, I think I have an idea on how to do the teams for an NHL sim. I'm basically doing a fantasy draft season where I control all the teams and will draft the players in the exact same order they were in our draft and then sim 3 seasons and see who's team sims the best. Then I think we can have a "short term winner" and a "long term winner". I'll do no cap, no injuries, no trades, the lines provided in the rosters thread, and re sign players to the teams they were drafted to(basically keep them the same all 3 years).

I'm also just basing the owners teams represented on the random order the game gave me.

@Gatorbait19- Oilers(typical lol)

@m0pe- Blues

@The Abusement Park- Senators

@Tweaky- Sabres

@PAZ- Islanders

@UncleRisto- Blue Jackets

@Northern Avs Fan- Devils

@Murzu- Predators

@Pierce Hawthorne- Flames

@cgf- Ducks

@hi- Red Wings

@Lonewolfe2015- Lightning

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Can you set up the fantasy draft to only have 12 teams? If so that's fantastic work and should work out perfectly for this.
No unfortunately. But I can control every team in the draft so the other 19 teams will be full of really really bad players. That's the best I can do with an NHL sim. I feel like since our teams will be some much better than the rest it kind of makes it as even as possible.

Edit: Actually I'm going to look and see if any Euro league has 12 teams real quick.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Alright, I think I have an idea on how to do the teams for an NHL sim. I'm basically doing a fantasy draft season where I control all the teams and will draft the players in the exact same order they were in our draft and then sim 3 seasons and see who's team sims the best. Then I think we can have a "short term winner" and a "long term winner". I'll do no cap, no injuries, no trades, the lines provided in the rosters thread, and re sign players to the teams they were drafted to(basically keep them the same all 3 years).

I'm also just basing the owners teams represented on the random order the game gave me.

@Gatorbait19- Oilers(typical lol)

@m0pe- Blues

@The Abusement Park- Senators

@Tweaky- Sabres

@PAZ- Islanders

@UncleRisto- Blue Jackets

@Northern Avs Fan- Devils

@Murzu- Predators

@Pierce Hawthorne- Flames

@cgf- Ducks

@hi- Red Wings

@Lonewolfe2015- Lightning
On the one hand my team’s orange and blue, but on the other hand I’m the Oilers:
upload_2020-4-28_17-22-52.gif

Reactions: The Abusement Park

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Alright. I'm done setting up the teams and league. I replaced the rest of the NHL teams with crappy European league teams that shouldn't cause any issue for our teams. I'm gonna take a mental break and will update the board either later tonight or tomorrow as I sim ahead.

I think @Lonewolfe2015 ’s club probably wins the sim.

With how NHL sim's I really don't know. Sometimes good teams just don't perform well and sometimes they dominate. This will be kind of an interesting experiment.

Reactions: PAZ and hi

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Also Kaprizov, Sorokin, and Romanov weren't in the game. So I created them as accurately as I can for someone who isn't able to watch KHL games.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Excited to hear the results. Thanks for organizing this!

Was it HFB that we did a NHL-based sim league from in the last? I was like in high school or something when we did that.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
By the way, here's a random thought I had earlier. Speaking of EA NHL, if I did a big bracket of PS2 NHL soundtrack songs, I wonder if that would suck shit or could there be some interest?

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
By the way, here's a random thought I had earlier. Speaking of EA NHL, if I did a big bracket of PS2 NHL soundtrack songs, I wonder if that would suck shit or could there be some interest?
I mean we’d obviously make fun of you for it....but that wouldn’t stop us from participating :laugh:

Reactions: UncleRisto

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland

Too new? A legend.

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I just got 1/4 of the way through the season and noticed that 3 roster changes didn’t go through... shoot me :banghead:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad