NHL 1st Overall slogan

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Shocked if Senators don't finish last.

Even more so if one of the Metro teams doesn't end up winning the lottery again.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Can somebody give me a quick French lesson?

So "Lecavalier" has the "ay" sound at the end...

But anything that has the "e" at the end of "ier", like "Lafreniere" does, is pronounced with "air" sound, at the end?

Starting goalie = Air, for Lafreniere

Don't grow a pair for Lafrenier

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
I don't see Detroit finishing worst than last season. No substantial losses to the team and guys like Hronek/Cholowski/Bertuzzi add a year of experience. That and for a **** team they're actually super competitive, unlike most who just look defeated half the time.

Yeah I agree, I think Detroit's young guys have some nice mojo & compete. Skill is piling up too. Better chance they are in the wild card mix than in the basement unless goaltending really lets them down.

Anyway, last place is now what a 15 or 20% chance to pick first? Can't bank on that.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Shocked if Senators don't finish last.

Even more so if one of the Metro teams doesn't end up winning the lottery again.
Yep ,our roster is made up of green kids and washed out nhlers.....We may have a surprise or two,but we arent coming out of the basement anytime soon...So we should get a very good piece next draft,or two as we also have SJ,s 1st and a boatload of extra picks after that

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Tank for Lafrenière and end up picking like 5th due to the lottery...

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Gaffe For Laf

gaffe meaning:
  • a socially awkward or tactless act
  • an unintentional act or remark causing embarrassment to its originator; a blunder."an unforgivable social gaffe"
  • synonyms:blunder, mistake, error, slip
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I’m a Wings fan and I disagree. Ottawa fans deserve something to feel good about they’ve suffered far worse than us.

Yeah Ottawa deserves it the least until Melnyk gets out of there. Guy is a horrible owner. Detroit hasnt suffered that bad because they've rebuilt in an "honourable" way. Never outright tanked, kept some vets around to mentor the kids and slowly accumulated draft picks. Ottawa went from legit contender in the east to bottom feeder in a span of about 2 years because Melnyk is a dink who wont get off hic wallet

Reactions: Realgud

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yeah Ottawa deserves it the least until Melnyk gets out of there. Guy is a horrible owner. Detroit hasnt suffered that bad because they've rebuilt in an "honourable" way. Never outright tanked, kept some vets around to mentor the kids and slowly accumulated draft picks. Ottawa went from legit contender in the east to bottom feeder in a span of about 2 years because Melnyk is a dink who wont get off hic wallet
I think anybody in the top 5 should get a decent player,next years draft just seems a bit deeper than this years

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'm still open to Byfield going 1OA, but he needs to come out of the gate on fire and be really dominant. If he's not that in October/November, then it's Lafreniere wire to wire.

Yeah he'll have to blow the doors off the OHL. Laf is going to be at the WJC so he'll get far more exposure. I wouldn't be surprised if Laf puts up 120+. So Byfield will likely have to put up at least 100 to challenge him. Then it will come down to how much the GM of the team with 1OA will be salivating over a 6'4 center.

Reactions: Dominance

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yeah he'll have to blow the doors off the OHL. Laf is going to be at the WJC so he'll get far more exposure. I wouldn't be surprised if Laf puts up 120+. So Byfield will likely have to put up at least 100 to challenge him. Then it will come down to how much the GM of the team with 1OA will be salivating over a 6'4 center.
If he has a great season he may challenge,that combo of skill and size is so very tempting

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
What would it take for Anton Lundell to go #1OA?

A solid Liiga season backed up by some damn good international play. Lafreniere will have the inside track on everyone heading in and he's going to put up some ridiculous point totals this year no doubt. He was already toying with the Q for pretty much the entire season and enters this coming season as clearly the best player in the league. Then you have Byfield who is going to get a lot of attention because of the size, speed, skill combo which is pretty rare in it's own right for a player of that size to be that fast and skilled offensively. And you definitely can't forget about defencemen of which some will go high just based on team need. Plus the Swedish wingers are likely to have some solid seasons as well. And like usual someone is sure to rise up the rankings based on a solid draft year campaign. This will be a really interesting draft to follow this year as the top 5 is actually pretty open with a lot of talent.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If he has a great season he may challenge,that combo of skill and size is so very tempting

Yeah it's pretty rare for a 6'4, 214lb center to be able to move that quickly. You factor in his hands and shot and GM's and scouts will be doing their best Pavlov's dog impersonation.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yeah it's pretty rare for a 6'4, 214lb center to be able to move that quickly. You factor in his hands and shot and GM's and scouts will be doing their best Pavlov's dog impersonation.
He looks like he could really take off,he has the tools ...And what looks like the desire and work ethic to get better....I really think he may be the most intriguing player in next season draft

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He looks like he could really take off,he has the tools ...And what looks like the desire and work ethic to get better....I really think he may be the most intriguing player in next season draft

Yeah the potential there is pretty massive. He's also among the youngest players in the draft which will factor into a lot of decisions. The biggest downside is he plays on a pretty weak team heading into the season. Hopefully they can add some solid guys around him.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yeah the potential there is pretty massive. He's also among the youngest players in the draft which will factor into a lot of decisions. The biggest downside is he plays on a pretty weak team heading into the season. Hopefully they can add some solid guys around him.
TBH ,as good a Laf is...A center like that would a perfect crown jewel for us here in Ottawa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad