Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 18 HUT Thread (All HUT talk goes here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Can someone explain how the HUT competitive seasons works?

I thought I did a qualifier for something but I haven’t gotten a reward?

I think it was HUT Chanpions Season 7 Qualifier 1

This is so convoluted I don’t know how anyone knows what to do

EDIT: and I just went and clicked on completed seasons, two achievements went off, one of which said I earned a HUT reward but I don’t see any reward still

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Can someone explain how the HUT competitive seasons works?

I thought I did a qualifier for something but I haven’t gotten a reward?

I think it was HUT Chanpions Season 7 Qualifier 1

This is so convoluted I don’t know how anyone knows what to do

EDIT: and I just went and clicked on completed seasons, two achievements went off, one of which said I earned a HUT reward but I don’t see any reward still

A regular CS will give packs as the reward.

You did a HUT Champions qualification. If you finished in the top 1500, your reward is entry into the current HUT Champions season. Play your 5 Champions games and you’ll at least get an Ultimate Pack (150k), and an Evo choice pack if you finish top 500

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Both Sedins on 99ovr flashbacks, crazy, I had saved 3 other collectibles for a good player, now I spent 55K and got 2 99ovr’s haha

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
I was so close to buying every fb collectible for 20k/piece an hour or so before those cards were released thinking EA would do something big around the Sedins, but I got cold feet and only got enough for one set. Would've made ~500k. My team is filled with 99's now so it's not like I needed the coinage, but the trader in me is still hurting.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I was so close to buying every fb collectible for 20k/piece an hour or so before those cards were released thinking EA would do something big around the Sedins, but I got cold feet and only got enough for one set. Would've made ~500k. My team is filled with 99's now so it's not like I needed the coinage, but the trader in me is still hurting.

I usually buy FB collectibles to have in case it’s a crazy release and I don’t have the coin. I bought Evo Bergeron which cost me all my coin. I still made around 100k selling two FB collectibles and got lucky and pulled a silver TOTY collectible.

Played HUT Champions. Last two times I did poorly, this one I went 4-0. In my fifth game, I got destroyed 8-1 and I was worried. I barely lost any points and ranked 300th. I checked and the guy was in the top 15, sheesh.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Hey guys do you think TOTY Giroux at 400k is a lot better than EVO Giroux for 250k?

With all the synergies. Anyone got experience with this? Most my team are EVO cards.

Bluesgirl

Apr 2, 2013
Hello again,

I now have a bit better team than I mentioned in my older posts when my best card was Ice Kuch.

I now have 98 SOTM Marchand who is the best beast I have ever had and he can carry my whole team but if I play against someone really good it's not enough to have just one player of suck caliber.

I also added 94 McDavid, 94 Crosby, 93 EVO Granlund, 95 EVO Tkachuck, but have not tried them yet.

The point is, I'm looking for any tips how to improve getting into the O-zone.

If I play against someone pretty bad it's easy because they always over commit, but if I play against someone who is skilled and has stacked team, I am struggling getting into his zone, he pretty much pokechecks everything like I mentioned earlier and I stand no chance.

I usually get stuck between the boards and there's nowhere to go to, nowhere to pass, I feel like there is no open lane at all.

I was thinking maybe trying to dump the puck? I always forget to try it, but do you even think it would help or his guys would just pick it up if they are faster?

I am also trying different strategies, but I don't see that much of a difference. I love to go for one timers, but that's almost impossible if everyone is covered and I usually get stuck in the zone with not being able to do anything and I pretty much lose the first battle and just have to defend.

Also is there any chance to do anything about those situations when your guy kinda hides behind opponents instead of going for an open position for example on odd man rushes? It happens so often to me that the other guy just skates behind my guy or he's pretty much between the opponent D and my other winger instead of using some logic and changing position :D, or even worse they go for a change when I can have a great scoring opportunity. I know it's probably EA but any ideas would help.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I just did my two Western CS games. It was actually kind of fun. In regular HUT, I'm just playing. I had to be a lot more strategic with a worse lineup and play more of a grind game. I went 1-1 with the following team:

Perry (88) - Getzlaf (99) - Schwartz (91)
Laine (99) - Horvat (87) - Ehlers (85)
MacKinnon (85) - McDavid (95) - Saad (84)
Silfverberg (83) - Granlund (85) - Sedin (84)

Doughty (99) - Bourque (97)
Hamilton (85) - Pronger (93)
Klingberg (84) - Hjalmarsson (84)

Dubynk (90)

As you can tell, I decided to not purchase a Western team to actually compete. I'll aim for a couple 2000 finishes and take whatever I can get while keep working towards my actual team. When the Eastern team comes around I'll have a really decent team, although I'm sure most will.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Current roster:
TOTY Stamkos, Evo Giroux, TOTY Kucherov
Evo Laine, Evo McDavid, Evo Hall
Evo Barzal, Evo Tavares, Evo Gaudreau
Evo Scheifele, Ult Messier, TC Hossa

Evo Subban, TOTY Keith
Evo Carlson, Evo Ghost
TOTY Green, Ult Nieds

TOTY Vasy
TOTY Sparks

Only 2 players dont have full synergies and they are just missing 1 each.

TOTY Vasy is way better than Evo Vasy.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I’m rolling with:

Evo Ovi - Evo Bergeron - ASG Voracek
Evo Laine - Evo Crosby - Evo Hall
Evo Eichel - Evo Getzlaf - FB Sittler
Evo Stone - HS McDavid - Evo Marchand

Evo Karlsson - TDL Bourque
Evo Doughty - Lgd Pronger
FB Green - Evo Werenski

Evo Dubnyk
TOTY Hart

I have roughly 250k coins I’m using to finish off the Franzen set. One he’s on the team (replacing Sittler), I can throw in Evo Schieffle who should be getting better as the playoffs go on. I also had another top 250 HUT Champs finish, so I’m hoping for Stamkos, McDavid, or a LHD (preferably Hedman)

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Is anyone on here interested in an Evo Schieffle (Xbox)? He's already a 96 (and plays well), with more upgrades as the playoffs go on. I got him from my HUT Champs pack but already have one

Tyler Nair

May 8, 2018
Anyone interested in trade or sale of players below:

Either Sedin Brother - 99ovr
Mike Green - TOTY - 94ovr
Gabriel Landeskog -TOTY - 97ovr
Justin Williams - Playoff Mstr Set - 99ovr

NOTE: I'm looking for (TOTY) Mikko Rantanen - 99ovr but I'm willing to negotiate a price for any of these as well.

Message me (ps4) @ T-Nashy11 if interested.

NyIsles91

Feb 24, 2017
Two questions.
1. Is it worth doing the TOTW set or just selling the collectibles?

2. For flashback when it says active player and they only show one new guy released, stupid question but I'm guaranteed that player only right ??

HammerTime44

Flyers-Phillies-Packers-LH44
Feb 11, 2014
Philadelphia
Two questions.
1. Is it worth doing the TOTW set or just selling the collectibles?

2. For flashback when it says active player and they only show one new guy released, stupid question but I'm guaranteed that player only right ??
1. I would just sell the collectibles. They were going for over 20k last time I checked.
2. Yes you do get that player.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Schieffle is the gift that keeps on giving. I picked him up in my HUT Champs Evo pack (was between him and Marleau), he was a 93. Today he got another upgrade up to 98, and seems inevitable he’ll finish a 99 overall.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
[HutDB] EASports NHL HUT Database
any tips on improving this team? think I might go for a better goalie next

Honestly, your team has lots of areas it could be improved. Your goaltending is fine, however. He might play like trash, and that makes you wanna upgrade him, but the next goalie you get will be trash as well. Trust me.

I think your next moves should be RD/C.

At RD I have 98 Karlsson, 98 Doughty and 94 Green. I'd recommend Doughty the most, but I'm sure that's out of your budget. The poster above me named some nice suggestions. At this point you can get some quality defenseman for some good prices.

At C, try and get another 99 faceoff guy. Getzlaf is only around 300k I believe and he's 99 across the board. It'll help as he's a huge upgrade over Eichel, and you can move Eichel onto your third line winger position and create more depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad