Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 18 HUT Thread (All HUT talk goes here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Who are the best players this year, for relativity cheaper? Who have you guys liked the most?

Pulled a Hedman, but sold him, as many said he's slow.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Who are the best players this year, for relativity cheaper? Who have you guys liked the most?

MacKinnon is a nice offensive option, Panarin is good too. I have found Chara and Muzzin to be good defensemen.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I just picked up a Panarin from the Silver Players to Gold players set.

He's going to be a staple on my team for a while I think. Very shifty and quick with an underrated shot as well. And since I cant sell him he'll stick around for a while, along with my Laine I can't trade.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Pulled a Stamkos. So happy.

btw, for the challenges...

Any changes you make to the gameplay sliders for offline play do have the same effect here.

I'm not going to give away any more than that.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
The big saviour on those challenges is you can get 1 or 2 stars and then go back and get the rest. The ones like getting so many hits but 1 min TOA and win by 2, just worry about the hits then go back and do the TOA and win by 2. The 2 min games are so fast it doesn't take much time.

I realized a lot I couldn't just bang out all 3 challenges at once so I'd do what I could then go back and finish what I couldn't. Cause once you complete them you don't have to do them again.

Yeah the all-star and superstar **** can suck so it makes it easier to focus on what you can.

I have O'Reilly and Thornton for faceoffs...it's tough to win on higher difficulties.

That McDavid you get is brutal on draws and I had to replace him real fast. He's great for synergies but that's about all, as a centre he sucks.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Pulled a Stamkos. So happy.

btw, for the challenges...

Any changes you make to the gameplay sliders for offline play do have the same effect here.

I'm not going to give away any more than that.

And I highly doubt that because I've made changes for Franchise and BAP and they don't have any effect in HUT

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
And I highly doubt that because I've made changes for Franchise and BAP and they don't have any effect in HUT

They do.

You have to change in global settings, not in the specific settings for each mode.

It's made each challenge a joke.

I've finished all the 3-star challenges already lol.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I've had some incredible pack luck so far this year, after **** luck last year.

Pulled Doughty, Stamkos, lots of collectibles, Tavares, Eichel, Suter, Getzlaf, OEL, amongst others.

And this is mostly from free packs too. I've only bought the one 1500 puck pack. Gonna try to limit myself to buying 1 pack per month only.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh

I like both Drouin and Guentzel a lot. I just got backstrom last night for like 38k and he's an animal.

voiceofytown

Jun 15, 2006
They do.

You have to change in global settings, not in the specific settings for each mode.

It's made each challenge a joke.

I've finished all the 3-star challenges already lol.

Yes i got OEL and Suter from free packs 2 can't complain!!

voiceofytown

Jun 15, 2006
Question for someone? Any tips to beating the computer in HUT challenges on All Star??? they are passing at like 98% efficiency...... i keep losing 2-1 3-2 etc. The ai is so good they live on 1 timers?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
On the synergy challenges do you ever get a good player? Is it any random player with that synergy, or is there a set reward for each? I have gotten two common gold players for completing it along with the 1500 coins. That hardly seems worth it considering how much more difficult they are than the challenges to simply win the game.

Packs are so ridiculously overpriced. In order to make the 17.5K back you have to pull one of the top 25 players in the league(or a ****ing collectible). Absolutely no reason to ever open a pack this year that isn't free. For 17.5K you can get Jeff Carter, Henrik Lundqvist, and Colton Parayko and that is the first week of the game's release(hasn't even really released yet for most people). The prices are only going to go down once everyone gets their returning user bonus and starts opening packs. Makes it easy to build a great base team, but the special edition cards are going to be insane. I bought one of every special collectible on the market(milestone, evolution, TOTW, and PrimeTime) just in case I'm ever actually able to complete one of these sets. If they require a carbon collectible I might as well just forget about it though. I will never see one of those unless I get insanely lucky with one of my preorder packs.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Question for someone? Any tips to beating the computer in HUT challenges on All Star??? they are passing at like 98% efficiency...... i keep losing 2-1 3-2 etc. The ai is so good they live on 1 timers?

Pressure them before they enter the zone with poke checks galore. You'll either poke it away or they'll dump it in for an easy out. I've made it through the Edmonton game without losing one. Once the AI get set up in the zone, you just have to hope the goalie makes the save because you're right, they're going to get a shot on net almost guaranteed because they cycle it impossibly well.

bullocks

Jun 26, 2007
Toronto
Wish they had weekend league like FIFA and madden. Tempted to get it but I know FIFA will take up most of my time soon.

voiceofytown

Jun 15, 2006
Pressure them before they enter the zone with poke checks galore. You'll either poke it away or they'll dump it in for an easy out. I've made it through the Edmonton game without losing one. Once the AI get set up in the zone, you just have to hope the goalie makes the save because you're right, they're going to get a shot on net almost guaranteed because they cycle it impossibly well.

I attempt that but always end up short handed.

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
Hopping into HUT tonight ! Really excited ! Has anyone tried cheap players in the 83, 84 range that are absolute beasts ? I'm going to start off with a squad in that sort of range because I'm not spending money on packs.

I'll also try out the 3vs3 ! Looks like a lot of fun :)

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Hopping into HUT tonight ! Really excited ! Has anyone tried cheap players in the 83, 84 range that are absolute beasts ? I'm going to start off with a squad in that sort of range because I'm not spending money on packs.

I liked Gus Nyquist, Jaden Schwartz, Brandon Saad, and Damon Severson. All except for Severson are still on my team over some 85s because I just really like how they play. Severson took a backseat to Parayko because I love Parayko and he has to be on my team lol.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Rantanen is 83 overall and has been a beast for me. Victor Rask is another one. Both 83 overall both have gotten a point in all 5 games they've played

Last edited:

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Caved and put a reserve in. Gonna try to get back into HUT but they really ruined it for me last year. No interest in HEROES. Rather have packs.

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
I liked Gus Nyquist, Jaden Schwartz, Brandon Saad, and Damon Severson. All except for Severson are still on my team over some 85s because I just really like how they play. Severson took a backseat to Parayko because I love Parayko and he has to be on my team lol.

Rantanen is 83 overall and has been a beast for me. Victor Rask is another one. Both 83 overall both have gotten a point in all 5 games they've played

Thanks for the tips guys ;). I was already planning on putting Rants in my line-up :D. Parayko is a good idea though !

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Could someone explain what these challenges are all about. What rewards could I expect from them?

voiceofytown

Jun 15, 2006
if you guys ever want to play add me on xv1 c00kiem0nsterjc i am down to help grind the hut coop if needed if favor is returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad