NHL 18 Franchise Mode :Expansion Edition

Lessavyfav

Aug 2, 2010
It looks like players progress very little or not at all when unsigned. I had drafted Patrick and his overall remained at 78 (or whatever his base oa was) for the two years after he was drafted. He then started to progress once he was signed. The same thing for Dahlin the year after.

I previously would wait 2 years before signing any players for the contract benefit. I think it might be more worthwhile to stick a player in the NHL or ahl if they are able to right after drafting.

For trade value, acquire numerous late round picks. Sort by potential and draft elite players. After these players have been drafted, draft as many goaltending prospects as possible. This year has more starting / backup potential goalies than previous years.

Medium starting potential is about the equivalent of a late round first / high second.

If you are starting a new franchise, these players or picks could be flipped for young low elite players such as Reinhart or Brodin.

These players are more likely to pan out as they would see increased ice time.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Gotta say I kind of wish I did get a PS4 and NHL 18 to do expansion mode with a 32nd team, mostly because all the guys I want to watch on YouTube that do it are so clueless.

I would have loved to stack a team with defensemen and utilize that to my advantage in trading for younger players, picks or even stronger forwards.

Maybe next year...

It seems like they botched player development, though, which sucks.

twiztidwolff

Feb 10, 2017
so with the morale turned completely off, you don't get ups and downs any longer?

this was one of the most frustrating things about previous games for me, if morale mattered but was turned off why didn't it drop off completely. Or at least be relative.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
so with the morale turned completely off, you don't get ups and downs any longer?

this was one of the most frustrating things about previous games for me, if morale mattered but was turned off why didn't it drop off completely. Or at least be relative.
I know in NHL 17, if you turned Morale off, it only turned off the player and team meetings. Morale still remained. Hopefully it's completely gone now or, at least, it has a lesser effect on simulation. I hated how you could have a 3rd line checking forward playing 4th line, your team would be humming along okay, and then he gets disgruntled because he doesn't play enough minutes and your team tanks the next 8 games. Completely ridiculous.

I'm just starting my NHL 18 Franchise with Owner Mode off. Already have to restart because everyone on PTOs is under contract with their respective teams. EA, consummate professionals off to a great start ...

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
It looks like players progress very little or not at all when unsigned. I had drafted Patrick and his overall remained at 78 (or whatever his base oa was) for the two years after he was drafted. He then started to progress once he was signed. The same thing for Dahlin the year after.

I previously would wait 2 years before signing any players for the contract benefit. I think it might be more worthwhile to stick a player in the NHL or ahl if they are able to right after drafting.

For trade value, acquire numerous late round picks. Sort by potential and draft elite players. After these players have been drafted, draft as many goaltending prospects as possible. This year has more starting / backup potential goalies than previous years.

Medium starting potential is about the equivalent of a late round first / high second.

If you are starting a new franchise, these players or picks could be flipped for young low elite players such as Reinhart or Brodin.

These players are more likely to pan out as they would see increased ice time.

I bumped Patrick and Nico to 82 overall, and after opening season they were both 86. I also had Jake Bean (low elite?) go from 66 to 78 in the same time frame. I think progress is just entirely different per player and per potential.

NYRangers3061

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Jan 9, 2015
Rangerstown
new-york-rangers-ice-logo-facebook-cover-timeline-banner-for-fb.jpg

New York Rangers GM Mode

Preseason/Regular Season Update (2017/18)

839444_eb.jpg

BREAKING NEWS: New York Rangers GM Jeff Gorton resigned in a surprising move early this weekend. The Rangers were quick to hire former NHLer and Ranger Chris Drury as the team’s new GM.

Drury says that while he will mostly keep what Gorton has done intact, there’s a few changes he’d like to make.

“I think Jeff has made some good moves for the franchise, but there’s a couple things I’d like to address, preferably before preseasonâ€, said Drury.

Drury played for the Rangers from 2007 to 2011 before retiring.

In September 2015, the Rangers named Drury their director of player development. In September 2016, Drury was promoted by the Rangers to assistant general manager. The next season he was also assigned to be the general manager of their American Hockey League affiliate, the Hartford Wolf Pack. Now, he will take over as Head GM.

Brad Richards was named as the Assistant GM.

USATSI_9115221_hytjx1pl_t2af5dqh.jpg

TRADE ALERT:

:rangers acquire: Dan Hamhuis, 2017 7th (DAL)
:stars acquire: Marc Staal

Analysis: Interesting trade here. I think Dallas gets the better defenseman, but he comes at a big price tag. Hamhuis was making over $3M with 1 year left, while Staal is making over $5M with 5 years left.

636207122415397983-yandle.jpg

TRADE ALERT:

:rangers acquire: Keith Yandle
:panthers acquire: Nick Holden, Adam Chapie

Analysis: Bit of an odd one here for Florida. Only thing I could guess is they don’t like Yandle’s contract (which they signed themselves), because of the length. Or maybe they’re just trying to clear cap. Either way, Rangers win this in the short term but we’ll see if Yandle becomes a liability due to his contract in the later years of the deal. I’m sure Ranger fans are happy to see Yandle back in red, white, and blue too.

Preseason Game #1: Vs. :flyers

Final Score: 3-2 PHI

NYR Goals:
Zuccarello (1) ----- Buchnevich (1), Grabner (1)
Kreider (1) ----- DeAngelo (1), Zuccarello (1)

Goalie Stats:
Pavelec ----- .893 SV%, 3.06 GAA

Thomas-Vanek-Detroit-Red-Wings-featured.png

SIGNING: Rangers Sign FA Winger Thomas Vanek

The New York Rangers have signed veteran winger Thomas Vanek to a 1 year, $3.5M contract. Vanek played the majority of his career in Buffalo before being traded to the Islanders. He has bounced around ever since including stints in Montreal, Minnesota, Detroit, and Florida.

Imago_Mike-Fisher_Nashville-Predators_UUSI.jpg

RUMOR: It is rumored that the Rangers also offered a contract to veteran center Mike Fisher, but he turned down the offer as he was looking for more money. It is unclear whether the Rangers will come back with a higher offer.

9617956-dan-hamhuis-nhl-anaheim-ducks-dallas-stars-850x560.jpg

TRADE ALERT:

:rangers acquire: 2018 3rd (WIN)
:jets acquire: Dan Hamhuis

Analysis: So the Rangers essentially traded Marc Staal for a 3rd and a 7th. Doesn’t seem great, but when you factor in his contract, it’s not a bad return. I have to believe this will allow them to not only increase their offer to Mike Fisher, but also allow them to sign a free agent defenseman.

Preseason Game #2: Vs. :pens

Final Score: 3-2 PIT (SO)

NYR Goals:
Hayes (1) ----- Grabner (2), Desharnais (1)
Buchnevich (1) ----- Zuccarello (2), Kreider (1)

Goalie Stats:
Pavelec ----- .920 SV%, 1.85 GAA

samuelsson-henrik.jpg

SIGNING: Rangers Sign Young Forward, Henrik Samuelsson, to 1 Year Deal

The Rangers have signed 23 year old winger Henrik Samuelsson to a 1 year, $925K contract. This is a low-risk, potentially high reward type signing. If he can get his game together, he can be an important piece for the Rangers moving forward. If not, they only lose $925K and only for 1 year.

Preseason Game #3: Vs. :isles

Final Score: 7-1 NYI

NYR Goals:
Kreider (2) ----- Zuccarello (3), Buchnevich (2)

Goalie Stats:
Pavelec ----- .774 SV%, 7.00 GAA

mike-fisher-nhl-preseason-florida-panthers-nashville-predators-850x560.jpg

SIGNING: Rangers Sign Veteran Center Mike Fisher

Mike Fisher appears to be giving it one last go by signing a 1 year, $2M contract with the New York Rangers. He will likely play as the 4th line center (unless Desharnais or Desjardins can beat him out in preseason, which is unlikely).

Preseason Game #4: Vs. :cbj

Final Score: 3-2 NYR

NYR Goals:
Samuelsson (1) ----- Skjei (1), Desjardins (1)
Fisher (1) ----- Vanek (1)
Vanek (1) ----- Fisher (1), Hayes (1)

Goalie Stats:
Halverson ----- .944 SV%, 2.00 GAA

GettyImages-656452640.jpg

TRADE ALERT:

:rangers acquire: 2018 5th (SJS), 2019 7th (SJS)
:sharks acquire: Andrew Desjardins, Paul Carey

Analysis: The Rangers were at 50 contracts with the Samuelsson signing, so I imagine they’ll try to bring in a defenseman and maybe a depth forward through free agency now.

Preseason Game #5: Vs. :caps

Final Score: 3-0 NYR

NYR Goals:
Vanek (2) ----- Hayes (2), Fisher (2)
Hayes (2) ----- Vanek (2), Fisher (3)
Gropp (1) ----- Samuelsson (1)

Goalie Stats:
Pavelec ----- 1.000 SV%, 0.00 GAA

mark-streit-penguins-2.jpg

SIGNING: Rangers Add Young Forward, Vet D Via FA

The Rangers have signed yet another Free Agent. This time it’s forward Scott Kosmachuk. He had been in the Jets organization for a while before the eventually grow tired of waiting on his development, so they did not qualify him in the offseason. Another low-risk, high-reward type signing.

They also added defenseman Mark Streit. Streit has been around for a long time and played for many different teams. He will likely fill the role of being the #6 defenseman on the team, as well as someone who’s capable of playing up in the lineup if injuries occur.

Preseason Game #6: Vs. :devils

Final Score: 4-3 NJD (SO)

NYR Goals:
Vesey (1) ----- Skjei (2), Fast (1)
Vesey (2) ----- Fast (2)
Fisher (2) ----- Vanek (3), Pavelec (1)

Goalie Stats:
Pavelec ----- .912 SV%, 2.77 GAA

Preseason Game #7: Vs. :canes

Final Score: 4-1 CAR

NYR Goals:
Nash (1) ----- Miller (1), Yandle (1)

Goalie Stats:
Lundqvist ----- .875 SV%, 4.00 GAA

Pre-Season Review

Record: 2-3-2 (6 points)
Point Leader: Thomas Vanek (2-3-5)

Analysis: Not a great record, but it’s not too concerning considering it was just preseason and the actual team wasn’t playing until the final game of the preseason. They lost that one but they may just need some more time to gel. The Rangers have a pretty good roster on paper, so there shouldn’t be too much to worry about.

Rangers Opening Night Lineup Announced

The New York Rangers announced their 21 man (23 including goalies) roster today, as well as their starting lineup for their season opener on the 5th against Colorado.

Lines:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Zuccarello
Nash-Miller-Hayes
Vesey-Buchnevich-Grabner
Vanek-Fisher-Fast

McDonagh-Shattenkirk
Skjei-Yandle
Smith-Streit

Lundqvist
Pavelec

Healthy Scratches: Matt Puempel (F), Steven Kampfer (D), David Desharnais (F)

Last edited:

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
Already 1 year into a Rangers Franchise, so I’ll have to do a quick review of that one and start the log at start of 2nd season! That should be up soon!!

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Gotta say I kind of wish I did get a PS4 and NHL 18 to do expansion mode with a 32nd team, mostly because all the guys I want to watch on YouTube that do it are so clueless.

I would have loved to stack a team with defensemen and utilize that to my advantage in trading for younger players, picks or even stronger forwards.

Maybe next year...

It seems like they botched player development, though, which sucks.

It's extremely fun honestly. Like putting together a weird hockey puzzle. I've done it twice with very different outcomes.

NYRangers3061

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Jan 9, 2015
Rangerstown

New York Rangers GM Mode

Trade Deadline Update (2017/18)

13c8a0e0500294b1c774bec2fe3e34ed

TRADE ALERT:

:rangers acquire: Conor Sheary
:pens acquire: Kevin Hayes

Analysis: Both players are upcoming free agents and both are 25 years old. Rangers get a player who’s doing much better this season (50 points compared to 17), while the Penguins get a bigger body (9 inches taller), and someone who’s had an arguably more proven track record. Prior to this season, Hayes has 3 NHL seasons under his belt (2 with 40+ points, and 1 with 30+ points), while Sheary has 2 NHL seasons (1 with 50+ points, but 1 with only 10 points).

1337226.jpg

TRADE ALERT:

:rangers acquire: Sebastian Repo
:panthers acquire: Steven Fogarty, Cole Schneider

Analysis: Bit of an odd deal here from Florida’s perspective. This Repo guy seemingly came out of nowhere. He’s a 21 year old center who was drafted 184th overall in 2017 by Florida. Why would the Rangers be interested you ask? Well he’s tearing up the AHL with 14 goals, 36 assists, and 50 points in 61 games. So that makes the fact that Florida gave him up for a 24 year old center with 20 points and a 27 year old right wing with 18 points makes this a bit puzzling. Maybe they’re assuming Repo’s season has been a fluke, but that seems like a risky bet to make. It’s not like they sold high on him either. Interesting.

cut.jpg

RE-SIGNING: Rangers Extend 3 Core Players

The New York Rangers announced today that they have re-signed 3 players who were set to become free agents after the 2017-18 season. Mika Zibanejad (2 year, 5.74M AAV), Brady Skjei (5 years, 5.375M AAV), and J.T. Miller (5 years, $5.325M). So the Rangers lock down two good young players in Brady Skjei and J.T. Miller, and settle on a bridge deal with Mika Zibanejad.

Rangers Record: 40-20-3 (83 Points)
Leading Point Scorer: Zibanejad (11-33-44)

Major Trades Since February 1st

VGK acquires: 2018 2nd + 2018 3rd
LAK acquires: David Perron + Derek Roy

MTL acquires: Michael Frolik + Kris Versteeg + 2018 4th
CAL acquires: Nikita Scherbak + Victor Mete

WSH acquires: Evan Fitzpatrick + 2018 3rd + Zach Sanford
STL acquires: Lucas Johansen + Lars Eller

NJD acquires: 2019 1st + 2018 2nd
WIN acquires: John Moore + Jaromir Jagr + 2018 4th

VAN acquires: 2019 1st + 2019 2nd
FLA acquires: Chris Tanev + Brandon Sutter + 2018 4th

CAL acquires: 2019 1st + 2019 2nd
BOS acquires: Mikael Backlund + Matt Stajan + 2018 5th

SJS acquires: 2018 1st
PIT acquires: Paul Martin + 2018 3rd + 2018 4th

NSH acquires: Gustav Nyquist
DET acquires: Jack Dougherty + 2018 2nd + 2018 3rd

EDM acquires: Mike Green + Darren Helm + 2018 4th
DET acquires: 2019 2nd + 2018 5th + 2 others

NYI acquires: 2018 3rd + 2019 3rd
MIN acquires: Andrew Ladd + 2018 5th

LAK acquires: Martin Hanzal + 2018 4th
DAL acquires: 2019 1st + 2018 6th

galchenyuk.jpg

TRADE ALERT:

:rangers acquire: Brendan Gallagher, Alex Galchenyuk
:habs acquire: Chris Kreider, David Desharnais, 2018 2nd, 2018 3rd, 2019 3rd

Analysis: Easily GM Chris Drury’s biggest trade yet, this blockbuster certainly sent some shockwaves through the hockey world. Kreider is somewhat hated in Montreal for colliding with Carey Price in the 2014 playoffs, and Desharnais is a former Hab himself. Gallagher is one year younger than Kreider, slightly cheaper, and has more points. Montreal is now left with Tomas Plekanec as their top center, so you’d have to imagine they’re packing it in for the season. Kreider is a nice addition, but I can’t help but feel like they could’ve gotten more for two of their best players than Kreider, a center who’s been a healthy scratch all season, a 2nd, and a couple 3rds. It’s not awful, but the return seems underwhelming.

USATSI_9930065.jpg

TRADE ALERT:

:rangers acquire: Calvin De Haan + 2018 6th + 2018 7th
:isles acquire: Michael Grabner (50% retained) + Steven Kampfer

Analysis: The Rangers wanted to strengthen up their bottom defense pair. De Haan will likely slot in over Streit who will now become the 7th defenseman in place of Kampfer. Grabner had a great 2016-17 campaign, but hasn’t been nearly as good this season. The rebuilding Islanders are probably hoping he plays well enough down the stretch and/or next season so they can trade him for picks in the offseason or at the Trade Deadline next season.
____________________________________________________________________________​

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
reading reddit, it really sounds like they royally ****ed up when it comes to player development, the draft having 8-10 elite players that are projected to go undrafted, and the amount of players that want to test free agency despite being on a good team.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
reading reddit, it really sounds like they royally ****ed up when it comes to player development, the draft having 8-10 elite players that are projected to go undrafted, and the amount of players that want to test free agency despite being on a good team.

I've had no problems with player development personally. The elite players don't always draft as elite. Heavy scouting seems to change it to more like top 9, 6, etc. And players wanting to leave depends on their usage, morale, etc. A first liner playing third line minutes and meeting with you over it won't stay just cause you're winning.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

From what I've read it's mostly people who sim years in advance right off the bat who have this issue.

I sim 1/4 - 1/2 the season, sometimes less if I have a lineup I really enjoy playing with, so I haven't had the problem, everyone is developing normally in my experience.

Vorak

Oct 6, 2016
Yes, has for a few years now

I know it will show the last ten seasons, but I was meaning like a tab that shows career totals (total games, goals, assist, etc). I can't find an example card, but I remember other games having the teams they played for in their stats instead of "NHL" or "AHL", and would have a slot at the bottom with the career stats. Thanks

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Don't know if this is a glitch in 17 as well. Just a warning so any of you don't do this. So i started the 32 team expansion and created 2 teams. The expansion team was the Nordiques, and the Canes went back to Hartford to be the Whalers. So i transfered the Canes roster to Hartford in create a team. I go to expansion, sub out the Canes for Hartford and pick the Caps. So i look at the Whalers roster (The rosters are set in June 2017, so you should have your end of the season 16-17 team) and Justin Williams is there. I look at the Caps roster and Justin Williams is there. Same with TVR. He was with both the Whalers and Blackhawks. So the lesson is when replacing a team with another, pick guys who were with the team at the end of the 16-17 season or you are going to be stuck with duplicates of the same player.

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
As far as player development goes I guess I've lucked out so far. Drafted Heiskanen 3rd Overall in 2017 and Joe Veleno 1st Overall in 2018, both with medium elite potential. Heiskanen was a 69ovr out of the draft and is a 76ovr 3 years later. Veleno on the other hand was a 73ovr out of the draft, ended last season as a 79ovr after putting up 33pts his rookie year. At a start of this season he was an 81ovr then he went on to put up 64 points as a 19 y/o and is now an 84ovr.

Took the last wildcard spot in the west in our 3rd season after finishing dead last in the first two

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Here's some info from Reddit on how to get created players into the Expansion mode for draft day:

Create the player, make sure he's 18 years old. Do not assign him to a team and make sure the draft year says "undrafted". When you start the draft, your created players will be there. This info was provided by HandsLikeLuke on Reddit.

I've experimented with this and it definitely works. I also tried to see if I could hide some Franchise level players in the later part of the draft. I created 4 players. A 99 overall, a 55 overall, a 45 overall and a 36 overall, with all of them being Franchise High. On draft day, 99 was ranked 1st (obviously) 45 was ranked 6th, 36 was ranked 12th and 55 was ranked 16th. 99 was a center, 45 and 36 were defensemen and 55 was a goalie. When I used classic draft picks and started with the Jets 13th overall, it took Byfuglien and 4 of my 1st's to pry that #1 overall off of NJ. So I was able to grab the center and the goalie, but missed out on the defensemen (while also trading my best overall defenseman! :cry:)

Don't know if any of this will help any of you, but there it is. I'm really curious to see if the goalie develops properly. Going to definitely keep an eye on the 2 defensemen and see how they do year by year as well.

Edit: Ok, so I did a bit more experimentation.

Franchise Medium for all 4, no change in draft position.

Franchise Low for the 3 lower ones however:

45 - 58th
36 - 92nd
55 - 154
And with the 99 overall, I changed him to AHL Other Forward:
He was in the very bottom, didn't count all the way down to him!

I was easily able to draft all 4 and their trade value is still sky high and I was able to draft a few more decent players while doing so. Super easy mode Franchise if you want to do it this way, I'm just experimenting on what can be done though. Even if the players don't develop well, you could use them as trade chips to get some great picks and players. (yeah, again, I know it's easy enough to work the system anyway)

Last edited:

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
FYI, not sure if this will be an issue or not, but the top player listed in free agents under rosters is a 16-year-old kid at 89 overall. Not sure if he'll be in the draft or be available as a free agent in year 3, but heads up to edit him if you're playing franchise mode.

Shad

Mar 5, 2011
Building the Nordiques around an offer sheeted David Pastrnak. The team was put in the Western conference for some reason, I don't know if that's by default or if it was an option that I missed.

boltsy

Jun 22, 2017
Building the Nordiques around an offer sheeted David Pastrnak. The team was put in the Western conference for some reason, I don't know if that's by default or if it was an option that I missed.

That's the default and it's awful lazy work from EA.

NYRangers3061

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Jan 9, 2015
Rangerstown

New York Rangers GM Mode

Playoffs Update (2017/18)

April 8, 2018

Record: 50-28-4 (104 Points)
Rank: 1st in Metropolitan Division, 2nd in Eastern Conference, 2nd in NHL

Player Stats (Regular Season):
Player|GP|G|A|P
Galchenyuk|80|13|49|62
Gallagher|81|25|36|61
Zibanejad|81|17|41|58
Sheary|83|13|45|58
Zuccarello|82|19|31|50
Vanek|82|21|26|47
Shattenkirk|82|7|39|46
Nash|80|17|21|38
Miller|82|14|22|36
Yandle|82|12|23|35
Vesey|82|13|17|30
Skjei|80|2|27|29
Fisher|82|12|16|28
Buchnevich|82|10|16|26
Fast|82|12|12|24
McDonagh|75|6|18|24
De Haan|81|5|18|23
Smith|78|4|6|10
Streit|58|0|5|5
Puempel|5|2|0|2

Goalie Stats (Regular Season):
Goalie|Record|SO|GAA|SV%
Lundqvist|40-19-3|7|2.10|.927
Pavelec|10-9-1|2|2.39|.919

Rangers Lineup
Sheary-Zibanejad-Zuccarello
Vanek-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Vesey-Miller-Nash
Fisher-Buchnevich-Fast

McDonagh-Skjei
Yandle-Shattenkirk
Smith-De Haan

Lundqvist
Pavelec

Scratches: Mark Streit (D), Matt Puempel (F)

First Round Matchups:

WEST-
Winnipeg (C2) Vs. Nashville (C3)
Chicago (C1) Vs. Minnesota (WC2)
Edmonton (P2) Vs. Anaheim (P3)
Los Angeles (P1) Vs. St. Louis (WC1)

EAST-
Pittsburgh (M2) Vs. Carolina (M3)
NY Rangers (M1) Vs. Toronto (WC1)
Tampa Bay (A2) Vs. Boston (A3)
Montreal (A1) VS. Philadelphia (WC2)

Metropolitan Division Semi-Final: Game 1 Vs. :leafs

Final Score: 2-0 NYR

Goals:
NYR: Vanek (1) ----- Unassisted
NYR: Galchenyuk (1) ----- Gallagher, Vanek

Goalie Stats:
Lundqvist (NYR) ----- 19 SVs on 19 SA, 1.000 SV%, 0.00 GAA
Andersen (TOR) ----- 19 SVs on 21 SA, .905 SV%, 2.03 GAA

Series: NYR leads 1-0

Metropolitan Division Semi-Final: Game 2 Vs. :leafs

Goals:
NYR: Zuccarello (1) ----- Zibanejad, Skjei
NYR: Gallagher (1) ----- Vanek
TOR: Van Riemsdyk (1) ----- Kadri, Marleau
TOR: Zaitsev (1) ----- Bozak, Brown
NYR: Fisher (1) ----- Shattenkirk

Goalie Stats:
Lundqvist (NYR) ----- 24 SVs on 26 SA, .923 SV%, 2.00 GAA
Andersen (TOR) ----- 34 SVs on 37 SA, .919 SV%, 3.00 GAA

Series: 2-0 NYR

Metropolitan Division Semi-Final: Game 3 Vs. :leafs

Final Score: 3-2 TOR

Goals:
TOR: Martin (1) ----- Zaitsev, Moore
NYR: Vesey (1) ----- Nash, Miller
NYR: Buchnevich (1) ----- Skjei, Vesey
TOR: Kadri (1) ----- Marleau, Van Riemsdyk
TOR: Van Riemsdyk (2) ----- Zaitsev, Marleau

Goalie Stats:
Andersen (TOR) ----- 24 SVs on 26 SA, .923 SV%, 2.86 GAA
Lundqvist (NYR) ----- 25 SVs on 28 SA, .893 SV%, 4.29 GAA

Series: 2-1 NYR

Metropolitan Division Semi-Final: Game 4 Vs. :leafs

Final Score: 2-1 TOR

Goals:
NYR: Vanek (2) ----- Skjei
TOR: Van Riemsdyk (3) ----- Rielly, Marleau
TOR: Matthews (1) ----- Marner, Andersen

Goalie Stats:
Andersen (TOR) ----- 44 SVs on 45 SA, .978 SV%, 1.00 GAA
Lundqvist (NYR) ----- 23 SVs on 25 SA, .920 SV%, 2.03 GAA

Series: 2-2 Tie

Metropolitan Division Semi-Final: Game 5 Vs. :leafs

Final Score: 4-1 NYR

Goals:
NYR: Buchnevich (2) ----- Fisher, Puempel
NYR: Puempel (1) ----- Skjei, Buchnevich
NYR: Galchenyuk (2) ----- Shattenkirk , Zuccarello
TOR: Marincin (1) ----- Komarov
NYR: Vanek (3) ----- Zibanejad, Zuccarello

Goalie Stats:
Lundqvist (NYR) ----- 29 SVs on 30 SA, .967 SV%, 1.00 GAA
Andersen (TOR) ----- 26 SVs on 30 SA, .867 SV%, 4.00 GAA

Series: 3-2 NYR

Metropolitan Division Semi-Final: Game 6 Vs. :leafs

Final Score: 2-1 TOR

Goals:
TOR: Brown (1) ----- Bozak, Komarov
NYR: Nash (1) ----- Zibanejad, Sheary
TOR: Matthews (2) ----- Marner, Nylander

Goalie Stats:
Andersen (TOR) ----- 31 SVs on 32 SA, .969 SV%, 1.00 GAA
Lundqvist (NYR) ----- 23 SVs on 25 SA, .920 SV%, 2.04 GAA

Series: 3-3 Tie

Metropolitan Division Semi-Final: Game 7 Vs. :leafs

Goals:
TOR: Nylander (1) ----- Rielly, Marner
TOR: Marner (1) ----- Matthews
NYR: Sheary (1) ----- Nash, Skjei
NYR: Sheary (2) ----- Shattenkirk, Galchenyuk
NYR: Puempel (2) ----- Buchnevich, Fisher

Goalie Stats:
Lundqvist (NYR) ----- 18 SVs on 20 SA, .900 SV%, 2.00 GAA
Andersen (TOR) ----- 34 SVs on 37 SA, .919 SV%, 3.04 GAA

Series: 4-3 NYR

WEST-
Winnipeg (C2) - 3 to 4 - Nashville (C3)
Chicago (C1) - 3 to 4 - Minnesota (WC2)
Edmonton (P2) - 1 to 4 - Anaheim (P3)
Los Angeles (P1) - 4 to 2 - St. Louis (WC1)

EAST-
Pittsburgh (M2) - 4 to 3 - Carolina (M3)
NY Rangers (M1) - 4 to 3 - Toronto (WC1)
Tampa Bay (A2) - 1 to 4 - Boston (A3)
Montreal (A1) - 2 to 4 - Philadelphia (WC2)

Rangers Round 1 Recap: I think we should’ve beaten them in less than 7 games. A large part of the reason we didn’t (in my opinion) is that we were missing Ryan McDonagh due to injury for the first 4 games. Toronto put up a hell of a fight and they’ll be a powerhouse soon, but we were just better this season.

WEST-
Nashville (C3) Vs. Minnesota (WC2)
Los Angeles (P1) Vs. Anaheim (P3)

EAST-
NY Rangers (M1) Vs. Pittsburgh (M2)
Boston Bruins (A3) Vs. Philadelphia (WC2)

Metropolitan Division Final: Game 1 Vs. :pens

Final Score: 3-1 NYR

Goals:
NYR: Galchenyuk (3) ----- Sheary, Skjei
NYR: Miller (1) ----- Shattenkirk, Fisher
NYR: Vanek (4) ----- Galchenyuk, Yandle
PIT: Guentzel (2) ----- Hayes, Murray

Goalie Stats:
Lundqvist (NYR) ----- 25 SVs on 26 SA, .962 SV%, *1.00 GAA
Murray (PIT) ----- 30 SVs on 33 SA, .909 SV%, *3.07 GAA

Series: 1-0 NYR

Metropolitan Division Final: Game 2 Vs. :pens

Final Score: 5-2 PIT

Goals:
PIT: Hayes (4) ----- Malkin
PIT: Malkin (3) ----- Hagelin, Hayes
NYR: Buchnevich (3) ----- Fisher, Puempel
PIT: Malkin (4) ----- Letang
NYR: Puempel (3) ----- De Haan, Fisher
PIT: Malkin (5) ----- Hagelin, Hayes
PIT: Guentzel (3) ----- Letang, Wilson

Goalie Stats:
Lundqvist (NYR) ----- 31 SVs on 36 SA, .861 SV%, 5.00 GAA
Murray (PIT) ----- 36 SVs on 38 SA, .947 SV%, 2.00 GAA

Series: 1-1 Tie

Metropolitan Division Final: Game 3 Vs. :pens

Goals:
NYR: Fisher (2) ----- Buchnevich
PIT: Hornqvist (3) ----- Crosby, Kessel
NYR: Vesey (2) ----- Gallagher, Miller
NYR: Zibanejad (1) ----- Zuccarello, Shattenkirk
NYR: Sheary (3) ----- Nash, Skjei

Goalie Stats:
Murray (PIT) ----- 22 SVs on 26 SA, .846 SV%, 4.00 GAA
Lundqvist (NYR) ----- 31 SVs on 32 SA, .969 SV%, 1.00 GAA

Metropolitan Division Final: Game 4 Vs. :pens

Final Score: 2-1 NYR

Goals:
NYR: Puempel (4) ----- Shattenkirk, Fisher
PIT: Malkin (6) ----- Hagelin, Hayes
NYR: Zibanejad (2) ----- Vanek, Zuccarello

Goalie Stats:
Murray (PIT) ----- *29 SVs on 31 SA, .935 SV%, 2.04 GAA
Lundqvist (NYR) ----- 37 SVs on 38 SA, .974 SV%, 1.00 GAA

Series: 3-1 NYR

Metropolitan Division Final: Game 5 Vs. :pens

Final Score: 5-3 NYR

Goals:
NYR: Gallagher (2) ----- Miller, Shattenkirk
PIT: Malkin (7) ----- Crosby
NYR: Fisher (3) ----- Skjei, Miller
NYR: Puempel (5) ----- Buchnevich, Fisher
PIT: Rust (1) ----- Sprong, Reaves
NYR: Zibanejad (3) ----- Vanek
PIT: Hornqvist (4) ----- Crosby, Murray
NYR: Fisher (4) ----- McDonagh, Buchnevich

Goalie Stats:
Henrik Lundqvist (NYR) ----- 37 SVs on 40 SA, .925 SV%, 3.00 GAA
Matt Murray (PIT) ----- 30 SVs on 35 SA, .857 SV%, 5.08 GAA

Series: 4-1 NYR

WEST-
Nashville (C3) - 4 to 2 - Minnesota (WC2)
Los Angeles (P1) - 4 to 2 - Anaheim (P3)

EAST-
NY Rangers (M1) - 4 to 1 - Pittsburgh (M2)
Boston (A3) - 4 to 0 - Philadelphia (WC2)

Rangers Round 2 Recap: Well alright then. Taking out the juggernaut Penguins in round 2 in only 5 games? I mean I don’t understand how we did it but I’ll take it.

WEST-
Nashville (C3) Vs. Los Angeles (P1)

EAST-
NY Rangers (M1) Vs. Boston (A3)

Eastern Conference Final: Game 1 Vs. :bruins

Final Score: 6-3 BOS

Goals:
NYR: Nash (2) ----- Galchenyuk, Shattenkirk
NYR: Galchenyuk (4) ----- Nash
BOS: Vatrano (4) ----- Backes
BOS: Pastrnak (2) ----- Marchand
BOS: Marchand (7) ----- Pastrnak, Krug
NYR: Galchenyuk (5) ----- Shattenkirk, Sheary
BOS: Spooner (2) ----- Krejci, Backlund
BOS: Marchand (8) ----- Bergeron, Pastrnak
BOS: Nash (3) ----- Vatrano, Carlo

Goalie Stats:
Henrik Lundqvist (NYR) ----- 26 SVs on 32 SA, .813 SV%, 6.00 GAA
Tuukka Rask (BOS) ----- 15 SVs on 18 SA, .833 SV%, 3.00 GAA

Series: 1-0 BOS

Eastern Conference Final: Game 2 Vs. :bruins

Final Score: 1-0 NYR

Goals:
NYR: Gallagher (3) ----- Skjei, Miller

Goalie Stats:
Henrik Lundqvist (NYR) ----- 31 SVs on 31 SA, 1.000 SV%, 0.00 GAA
Tuukka Rask (BOS) ----- 29 SVs on 30 SA, .967 SV%, 1.02 GAA

Eastern Conference Final: Game 3 Vs. :bruins

Final Score: 3-0 BOS

Goals:
BOS: Backlund (4) ----- Hayes, McAvoy
BOS: Pastrnak (3) ----- Marchand
BOS: Backlund (5) ----- Spooner, McAvoy

Goalie Stats:
Tuukka Rask (BOS) ----- 27 SVs on 27 SA, 1.000 SV%, 0.00 GAA
Henrik Lundqvist (NYR) ----- 15 SVs on 18 SA, .833 SV%, 3.00 GAA

Series: *2-1 BOS

Eastern Conference Final: Game 4 Vs. :bruins

Final Score: 4-2 NYR

Goals:
BOS: Marchand (9) ----- Pastrnak, Bergeron
BOS: Backes (4) ----- Hayes, Beleskey
NYR: Nash (3) ----- Zibanejad, Skjei
NYR: Nash (4) ----- Zibanejad
NYR: Nash (5) ----- Galchenyuk, Sheary
NYR: Galchenyuk (6) ----- Nash

Goalie Stats:
Tuukka Rask (BOS) ----- 25 SVs on 28 SA, .893 SV%, 3.01 GAA
Henrik Lundqvist (NYR) ----- 25 SVs on 27 SA, .926 SV%, 2.00 GAA

Series: 2-2 Tie

Eastern Conference Final: Game 5 Vs. :bruins

Goals:
NYR: Nash (6) ----- Sheary, McDonagh
NYR: Gallagher (4) ----- Vesey, Skjei
BOS: Pastrnak (4) ----- Bergeron
NYR: Sheary (4) ----- Galchenyuk, Nash
BOS: Backes (5) ----- Beleskey, Hayes

Goalie Stats:
Henrik Lundqvist (NYR) ----- 20 SVs on 22 SA, .909 SV%, 2.00 GAA
Tuukka Rask (BOS) ----- 33 SVs on 36 SA, .917 SV%, 3.05 GAA

Eastern Conference Final: Game 6 Vs. :bruins

Final Score: 2-1 BOS

Goals:
NYR: Puempel (6) ----- Yandle, Shattenkirk
BOS: Beleskey (3) ----- Hayes
BOS: Backlund (6) ----- Vatrano, McQuaid

Goalie Stats:
Tuukka Rask (BOS) ----- 21 SVs on 22 SA, .955 SV%, 1.00 GAA
Henrik Lundqvist (NYR) ----- 37 SVs on 39 SA, .949 SV%, 2.03 GAA

Series: 3-3 Tie

Eastern Conference Final: Game 7 Vs. :bruins

Final Score: 4-3 NYR

Goals:
NYR: Galchenyuk (7) ----- Sheary, Nash
NYR: Miller (2) ----- Vesey
BOS: Krug (3) ----- Pastrnak, Marchand
BOS: Marchand (10) ----- Pastrnak, Bergeron
NYR: Zibanejad (4) ----- Zuccarello, Yandle
NYR: Nash (7) ----- Zibanejad
BOS: Marchand (11) ----- Pastrnak, Krug

Goalie Stats:
Henrik Lundqvist (NYR) ----- 26 SVs on 29 SA, .897 SV%, 3.02 GAA
Tuukka Rask (BOS) ----- 27 SVs on 31 SA, .871 SV%, 4.03

Series: 4-3 NYR

WEST-
Nashville (C3) - 2 to 4 - Los Angeles (P1)

EAST-
NY Rangers (M1) - 3 to 4 - Boston (A3)

Rangers Round 3 Recap: I was nervous coming into this series because Boston had won 6 or 7 in a row dating back to round 1. They knocked out Tampa Bay (who the Rangers struggle to beat) in 5 games, and then swept Philadelphia (who defeated the Presidents Trophy-winning Montreal Canadiens in round 1) in 4 games. I think Nash really coming alive with 6 goals and 4 assists in this series is what propelled us to victory.

Los Angeles Kings (P1) Vs. NY Rangers (M1)

Stanley Cup Final: Game 1 Vs. :kings2

Final Score: 2-1 NYR (OT)

Goals:
NYR: Shattenkirk (1) ----- Zuccarello
LAK: Cammalleri (9) ----- Carter, Pearson
NYR: Vesey (3) ----- Gallagher, Miller

Goalie Stats:
Henrik Lundqvist (NYR) ----- 31 SVs on 32 SA, .969 SV%, 0.82 GAA
Jonathan Quick (LAK) ----- 34 SVs on 36 SA, .944 SV%, 1.64 GAA

Series: 1-0 NYR

Stanley Cup Final: Game 2 Vs. :kings2

Final Score: 5-1 LAK

Goals:
LAK: Kopitar (5) ----- Doughty, Muzzin
LAK: Muzzin (3) ----- Doughty
NYR: Zibanejad (5) ----- Skjei, Zuccarello
LAK: Brown (3) ----- Muzzin, Doughty
LAK: Hanzal (3) ----- Lewis, Martinez
LAK: Brown (4) ----- Nolan

Goalie Stats:
Henrik Lundqvist (NYR) ----- 18 SVs on 22 SA, .818 SV%, 4.10 GAA
Jonathan Quick (LAK) ----- 25 SVs on 26 SA, .962 SV%, 1.00 GAA

Stanley Cup Final: Game 3 Vs. :kings2

Final Score: 3-2 NYR (OT)

Goals:
NYR: Gallagher (5) ----- Galchenyuk, Sheary
LAK: Carter (9) ----- Cammalleri, Pearson
NYR: Miller (3) ----- Nash, Yandle
LAK: Toffoli (6) ----- Perron, Kopitar
NYR: Zibanejad (6) ----- Zuccarello, McDonagh

Goalie Stats:
Jonathan Quick (LAK) ----- 22 SVs on 25 SA, .880 SV%, 2.90 GAA
Henrik Lundqvist (NYR) ----- 34 SVs on 36 SA, .944 SV%, 1.94 GAA

Stanley Cup Final: Game 4 Vs. :kings2

Goals:
LAK: Kopitar (6) ----- Carter, Toffoli
NYR: Vanek (5) ----- Shattenkirk, Zuccarello
NYR: Shattenkirk (2) ----- Zuccarello, Zibanejad
NYR: Vesey (4) ----- De Haan, Nash
NYR: Vanek (6) ----- Zibanejad, Zuccarello

Goalie Stats:
Jonathan Quick (LAK) ----- 39 SVs on 42 SA, .929 SV%, 3.01 GAA
Henrik Lundqvist (NYR) ----- 18 SVs on 19 SA, .947 SV%, 1.00 GAA

Series: 3-1 NYR

Stanley Cup Final: Game 5 Vs. :kings2

Final Score: 3-1 NYR

Goals:
NYR: Sheary (5) ----- Unassisted
LAK: Shore (4) ----- Kopitar, LaDue
LAK: Doughty (5) ----- Kopitar, Toffoli
LAK: Doughty (7) ----- Martinez, Quick

Goalie Stats:
Henrik Lundqvist (NYR) ----- 34 SVs on 37 SA, .919 SV%, 3.03 GAA
Jonathan Quick (LAK) ----- 15 SVs on 16 SA, .938 SV%, 1.00 GAA

Stanley Cup Final: Game 6 Vs. :kings2

Final Score:

Goals:
NYR: Yandle (1) ----- Galchenyuk
LAK: Kopitar (8) ----- Gravel
LAK: Kopitar (9) ----- Muzzin
NYR: Buchnevich (4) ----- Zuccarello
NYR: Galchenyuk (8) ----- Sheary, Gallagher
LAK: Carter (10) ----- Muzzin, Pearson
NYR: Shattenkirk (3) ----- Zibanejad
NYR: Nash (8) ----- Smith, Vesey
LAK: Cammalleri (10) ----- Kopitar, Toffoli
LAK: Kopitar (10) ----- Perron, LaDue
NYR: Sheary (6) ----- Gallagher

Goalie Stats:
Jonathan Quick (LAK) ----- 32 SVs on 38 SA, .842 SV%, 6.03 GAA
Henrik Lundqvist (NYR) ----- 25 SVs on 30 SA, .833 SV%, 5.00 GAA

Series: 4-2 NYR

NHL Stanley Cup Final Result:

Los Angeles (P1) - 2 to 4 - NY Rangers (M1)

Rangers Round 4 Recap: What a series. I wanted revenge for 2014 and we got it. First cup win since 1994 and we did it in year 1. Game 6 was incredible. We were up 4-3 late in the 3rd. Nash made it 5-3 with 54 seconds left, so I assumed the game was over. Cammalleri scored 15 seconds later to make it a 1 goal game. It made me nervous but I was still confident we’d win. Then, Kopitar scored 14 seconds later to tie it with just 25 seconds left. Now I was very nervous because we’d be going to overtime with LA having all the momentum. But then, our mid-season addition Conor Sheary puts one in with 9 seconds to go in regulation. The Kings got another chance late, but Lundqvist shut the door.

giphy.gif

-New York Rangers’ viewing party in Bryant Park in New York City celebrates Conor Sheary’s Stanley Cup winning goal with 9 seconds left.

Rangers Playoff Recap:

There were many unexpected heroes who came through for the Rangers during this playoff run. Mike Fisher (in what could be his last season), Matt Puempel, and Conor Sheary (although you may have seen this one coming). Even though we didn’t have a top point scorer (our highest was Nash who was the 6th highest in the league in playoff points), our shutdown defense and great goaltending really helped us. We were also very fortunate to have no other injuries besides McDonagh (Puempel only came in for Fast after game 4 of round 1, and played well enough to stay in the lineup). It uncertain what the future holds for this team as only 3 of the many upcoming free agents were re-signed so far.

Player Stats (Playoffs)
Player|GP|G|A|P
Nash|25|8|9|17
Galchenyuk|25|8|7|15
Zibanejad|25|6|9|15
Sheary|25|6|8|14
Shattenkirk|25|3|11|14
Zuccarello|25|1|12|13
Skjei|25|0|12|12
Fisher|25|4|7|11
Vanek|25|6|4|10
Gallagher|25|5|5|10
Buchnevich|25|4|5|9
Miller|25|3|6|9
Puempel|21|6|2|8
Vesey|25|4|4|8
Yandle|25|1|4|5
McDonagh|21|0|3|3
De Haan|25|0|2|2
Smith|25|0|1|1
Fast|4|0|0|0
Streit|4|0|0|0

Goalie Stats (Playoffs)
Goalie|Record|SO|GAA|SV%
Lundqvist|16-9-0|2|2.29|.920

Hartford Wolf Pack

Record: 22-47-13 (57 Points)
Rank: 8th in Atlantic Division, 15th in Eastern Conference, 31st in AHL

Player Stats (Regular Season):
Player|GP|G|A|P
Repo|84|19|45|64
DeAngelo|82|16|40|56
L. Andersson|82|14|39|53
Tambellini|82|13|26|39
Kosmachuk|76|9|20|29
Graves|82|7|21|28
Chytil|82|12|15|27
Stromwall|82|14|12|26
Gropp|82|13|11|24
Kovacs|82|15|7|22
Fontaine|82|9|13|22
Samuelsson|43|3|9|12
Paliotta|82|3|9|12
Catenacci|82|2|10|12
Leedahl|82|7|2|9
Gilmour|79|2|7|9
Nieves|59|3|4|7
Zborovskiy|82|1|6|7
Hughes|38|1|5|6
C. Andersson|44|1|4|5
Brown|6|1|0|1
Noonan|3|0|0|0

Goalie Stats (Regular Season):
Goalie|Record|SO|GAA|SV%
Skapski|17-35-10|4|2.69|.908
Halverson|5-13-3|1|3.08|.892

Playoffs: Missed Playoffs

NHL Trophies:
Trophy Name|Player|Team
Stanley Cup|N/A|New York Rangers
Presidents’ Trophy|N/A|Montreal Canadiens
Clarence S. Campbell Bowl|N/A|Los Angeles Kings
Prince of Wales Trophy|N/A|New York Rangers
Art Ross Trophy|Patrick Kane|Chicago Blackhawks
Hart Memorial Trophy|Duncan Keith|Chicago Blackhawks
James Norris Memorial Trophy|Duncan Keith|Chicago Blackhawks
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy|Patrick Kane|Chicago Blackhawks
Calder Memorial Trophy|Clayton Keller|Arizona Coyotes
Conn Smythe Trophy|Henrik Lundqvist|New York Rangers
Vezina Trophy|Carey Price|Montreal Canadiens
Williams M. Jennings Trophy|Henrik Lundqvist|New York Rangers
Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy|Hampus Lindholm|Anaheim Ducks
Frank J. Selke Trophy|Ryan Getzlaf|Anaheim Ducks
Ted Lindsay Award|Duncan Keith|Chicago Blackhawks
Maurice Richard Trophy|Alexander Ovechkin|Washington Capitals

AHL Trophies:
Trophy Name|Player Name|Team|Description
Calder Cup|N/A|Laval Rocket|Championship trophy
Macgregor Kilpatrick Trophy|N/A|Manitoba Moose|Most regular season points
John B. Sollenberger Trophy|Chris Terry|Laval Rocket|Most regular season points

boltsy

Jun 22, 2017
It's the NHL that forced this.

I've read that on some pages but no official sources. But if it's true, NHL 18 would be a no-go for me this year if I hadn't already got it as a belated birthday gift lol. Every year the same (but different) small bugging things in this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad