Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 17 HUT Thread III

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
So, I have been playing NHL for a long time, and this is my first foray into HUT. Pretty cool so far... I've been playing some solo games with my starter roster, and building up a squad.

I noticed something really strange playing the solo seasons. There seems to be some kind of weird scaling/handicapping happening depending on the opponent? When I play non-NHL teams, my players are awful. Slow, inaccurate passing, weak shots, horrible agility, etc. When I play against NHL teams, my players are ten times better... Everything seems to be right in the world again.

As a result, I have two losses. Both have come against some awful European league teams. Meanwhile, I have absolutely smoked the NHL teams I've been up against...

What gives?

Last edited:

RW8

Feb 10, 2004
Anyone have any Dman recommendations under 30k? Id like to replace Vlasic and maybe Rielly.

cleveland408

Registered
Apr 12, 2014
So, I have been playing NHL for a long time, and this is my first foray into HUT. Pretty cool so far... I've been playing some solo games with my starter roster, and building up a squad.

I noticed something really strange playing the solo seasons. There seems to be some kind of weird scaling/handicapping happening depending on the opponent? When I play non-NHL teams, my players are awful. Slow, inaccurate passing, weak shots, horrible agility, etc. When I play against NHL teams, my players are ten times better... Everything seems to be right in the world again.

As a result, I have two losses. Both have come against some awful European league teams. Meanwhile, I have absolutely smoked the NHL teams I've been up against...

What gives?

I've noticed this too. It's pretty damn irritating

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Anyone have any Dman recommendations under 30k? Id like to replace Vlasic and maybe Rielly.

Left shot...base cards try Suter.

The IPOTG left-shot D-men C. Jones, J.Larsson, and J.Seigenthaler are all decent and have 3 synergies each.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
2.5K consumable pack is simple and is easily the best way.

Yea put 5 euros to them and u don't need to worry about them at least in week. Anyone can suggest any good goalkeeper? I have Rask at this moment and he was fine before fourth division. Maybe one or two game savers but he gives so much rebounds and puck bounces from his body to goal very often.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yea put 5 euros to them and u don't need to worry about them at least in week. Anyone can suggest any good goalkeeper? I have Rask at this moment and he was fine before fourth division. Maybe one or two game savers but he gives so much rebounds and puck bounces from his body to goal very often.

I don't think it matters much.

I went from a base Rask to a Giguere. And his numbers have essentially been exactly the same for better or worse. And I've used both well over 100 games.

RW8

Feb 10, 2004
Thanks for the suggestions everyone I'll give them a shot

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
I don't think it matters much.

I went from a base Rask to a Giguere. And his numbers have essentially been exactly the same for better or worse. And I've used both well over 100 games.

Ok thanks for information. Rask is usually fine for me, but today he has been brain dead. Giving easy goals to opponents feels like every shot what hitted his body bounced to goal, it was only option change him to Sandström because opponent had under 10 shots and 3 goals. Both of these games Sandström did much better job. Is it possible to do that change other time than interval?

I'm thinking that it's time to start look for Laine 88 card. It costs under 100k and Laine 87 is clearly one of best players with Tarasenko and Richards. He is much better than Roenick and McDavid so i really like his style. I'm just wondering is there a big difference between those 87 and 88 cards? If someone has try Laine 88 card please tell me was it worth of it?

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I'm kind of glad some people don't play defense on HUT. My roster is at best mid 80's but I'm winning some games now cause my defense is pretty balanced.

Boragina91

Mar 13, 2012
Patch 3.0 & Tuner 1.02 – (Coming Jan 19, 2017)

HOCKEY ULTIMATE TEAM:

Hockey Ultimate Team™ - Competitive Seasons
Competitive Seasons is a new game mode which allows players to compete in a “monthly” season format to earn in-game rewards. Each monthly season consists of rounds. Complete three games to earn round points which determine your ranking on the Round Leaderboards. At the end of each round, you will earn a reward as well as Season Points that count towards your season total. Finish as high as you can in each round to accumulate as many season points as possible to earn a larger reward at the end of the season.

*NOTE: Rounds and Season durations are subject to change.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Would anyone be interested in a regular center Bjugstad (cycle game center) for an equal rated or near equal speedster center?

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Why do 90% of the people I play against have Mike Richatds ? Is he easy to pull ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad