Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 16 HUT Thread #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
How the hell is McDavid's new HUT card higher than his rating outside HUT? He got a boost from 83 to 85 outside HUT but his HUT card is an 87...

He's the only player that this is true for I believe. Everyone else's HUT card either has the same rating or lower than their "outside HUT" rating.

Anywho, decided to tinker a little with my team. Sold MOV McDonagh to get MOV Suter, who I believe is due for a milestone soon and a better shot at TOTY.

MOV Parise (C) 91 - MOV Backstrom (A) 93 - TOTW Nyquist 88
MOV Hall 90 - MOV Pavelski 91 - Bobby Hull 92
MS Marleau (A) 90 - Gilmour 90 - TOTW Tarasenko 92
MOV Cammalleri 88 - Lindros 91 - Duchene 88

Karlsson 90 - MOV Suter 92
Neidermeyer 92 - Lidstrom 94
MOV Faulk 88 - OEL 88

Mason 86
Crawford 88

Wishlist left? Upgrade to MOV Duchene, upgrade OEL to another D (preferably TWD).

I will probably sell MOV Parise once he hits his milestone, and use those coins to get MOV Duchene and upgrade that last D position.

MS Marleau is beastly.

Last edited:

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
Anywho, decided to tinker a little with my team. Sold MOV McDonagh to get MOV Suter, who I believe is due for a milestone soon and a better shot at TOTY.

Two potential milestones.

- 7 games away from 800
- 19 points away from 400

I don't think he'll get the second one, but he has 30pts in 44gp this season.. So it's not entirely impossible..

Edit: He's on pace for 25 more points this season.. Perhaps he could get a POTG or TOTW in there ;)

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Two potential milestones.

- 7 games away from 800
- 19 points away from 400

I don't think he'll get the second one, but he has 30pts in 44gp this season.. So it's not entirely impossible..

Edit: He's on pace for 25 more points this season.. Perhaps he could get a POTG or TOTW in there ;)

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at 96 or 97 OVR.

He's selling for extremely cheap too... 500K? That's 300K cheaper than Weber.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So what MOVs are you guys kicking yourselves for not buying low?

Soooooo many for me lol.

McDavid!
Burns
Weber
Backes
Jagr
Seguin (when he was only 800K)

Ugh.

Slapper

Oct 26, 2015
Finished my DRW collection now (paid 2.5k for 82ovr marchenko.. ) and from my 9 bonus packs Burns was the only good pull. Disappointed that Larkin didn't get a upgrade :shakehead

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Has anyone used Vladimir Tarasenko? How does he play?

Anyone wanna Lend him to me to try-out? Can pay a fee if need be, to try-out. Thanks.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Him and Nyqvist have been deadly for me.

Both have unreal slap shots.

I've just grabbed MO Steen and Backes recently in anticipation of upgrades, but I surprisingly didn't mind how they played. Was intrigued by a possible Tara added to that two-some to make an interesting three-some, and always wanted to try out Tara to see how he was. Maybe like a Bure type player. I heard he was the best player in the game day one, in the demo stages of the game.

Crosbisto

Jan 15, 2016
Hello! Long time lurker, finally registered. I've done every collection in nhl expect, LA, Mont, Tampa, Chi, Pitt and wsh. Could someone lend LA or Mont? Have some collaterals and will gladly tip. I can Lend Nashville if someone needs it. Xbox one. Thanks!

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
Pumped about McDavid - I bought a couple at 40-50k in the fall. I think I'll keep one to use though. I held onto a bunch of Duclairs forever and finally gave up and dealt them for like 20k in December :(

LOL - wow, just went to my inbox and found another MOV Duclair. SELL!

Last edited:

aarons3005

GT: JustCaIIMeRonny
Feb 13, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Picked up MOV Duclair for 50k, not too bad. I'll get a nice profit if he gets a boost, but he plays fine for me. Also, does anyone have toews and kane for a CHI loan? I don't like keith, im gonna sell him as soon as I finish the collection. Lastly, does anyone need MIN? Gonna sell parise soon, he's been hot garbage for me

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
So who are the best right handed players in this game, used at LW?

I tried Carter and just how I expected, he doesn't suit my play style.

I like to invert my wingers (LW = righty & RW = lefty).

RW is super easy to pick.

I am thinking converting Giroux to LW...

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
So what MOVs are you guys kicking yourselves for not buying low?

Soooooo many for me lol.

McDavid!
Burns
Weber
Backes
Jagr
Seguin (when he was only 800K)

Ugh.

I'm kicking myself for not buying McDavid back when he was 40K. All of my buddies bought him back then, and I even bought 1 for a friend because I owed him 50K pucks, but at the time I had a crazy stacked team with a lot of high end MOVs so I was kind of just like meh dont need to invest.

Also kicking myself for not buying a bunch of Duclair's and Domis on Wednesday when EA announced the new gold cards. I saw a few Ducs on the market Wednesday and Thursday night for 25-30K, I could have bought 4 of them pretty easily and turned a 110K investment into 350K.

More then anything though, I think I'm most pissed about the MOVs that I sold for way cheaper then I could have gotten. At one point in this game I had a MOV Weber(Sold him for 550K), MOV Karlsson(Sold for 535K), MOV Bergeron(Traded for MOV Giroux), MOV Suter(330K sell), MOV Mackinnon(250K sell), MOV Faulk(120K sell), MOV Kuznetsov(150K sell), and more.

Almost every MOV I had, I sold at a poor time because they've all gone way up since. Lessons learned for next year I guess. But that MOV Karlsson really hurts. I sold him to do the last 2 collections(CHI and PIT), what a stupid thing to do. If I had hung onto him I'd have an extra 600K now.

Macgyver392

Dec 11, 2012
PS4
So who are the best right handed players in this game, used at LW?

I tried Carter and just how I expected, he doesn't suit my play style.

I like to invert my wingers (LW = righty & RW = lefty).

RW is super easy to pick.

I am thinking converting Giroux to LW...

My to 3 LW's are Stamkos, Giroux and Oshie

Stamkos is... Well hes about 1,5ppg & easily my top scorer. Giroux is a good winger, could be a bit quicker but he is fast enough with good shot.
Didn't expect Oshie be so good too, he is fast! Defenitely worth a try!

MsuSpartans

Jan 6, 2014
Think I need LA I'm about to head home from work. Haven't been on in days, am I reading this right that normal bronze Mcdavid cards should be gold 87 cards now? Because l have like 40 of them.....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad