Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 16 HUT Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
How many pucks and games played did you have?

Curious, because I have over 500 games played and 1.2 million pucks.

Around 240, about 325 players and 100k coins.

You're good. Trust me. I promise you'll get 10 packs.

I still have my PS4 packs to open once my brother gets the game Tuesday :D

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Around 240, about 325 players and 100k coins.

You're good. Trust me. I promise you'll get 10 packs.

I still have my PS4 packs to open once my brother gets the game Tuesday :D

Cool... ha, I got a few days to think of my new HUT team name.

I won't be playing EASHL.. not sure why people like it so much. Playing with a bunch of selfish players who pause all the time and rage quit is not fun for me.

LazyT

Feb 24, 2010
Michigan.
Have a Zetterberg and a buddy has a Patrik Kane if anyone is looking to trade for these players pm me.
(XboxOne) GT: O LazZy T

badams326

Apr 17, 2014
Got 7 packs yesterday (not really a HUT kind of guy).

Best players I got was Vlasic and Hiller. Got this Fiddler coach guy 7 times in all 7 packs. #EALogic.

richyy03

"We're all mad here"
Aug 19, 2012
Ottawa, ON
It has me wondering since someone above said he only played 100 but had 900 cards. How many coins did he have?

Yeah I had 44K pucks and I was way off I only had just over 400 players and I still got the ten packs. So you really don't need much to get them all.

Stephleref

Held by Holtby
May 28, 2011
I miss HUT back when every player in the game was actually playable and every team was unique.

1 line NHL 1 line AHL 1 line Euros 1 line CHL.

Players have a salary but it means nothing....seriously the mode is broken. I hope they fix it one day.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Had $70 left over in microsoft points on my account, used it to bust gold jumbos yesterday....absolutely awful pulls, think my best card was 86 Tyson Barrie (somehow selling for 15k). Prices right now are absurdly high (low supply, high demand) so I'm spending quite a bit of time working the market this weekend before the full launch when everything plummets and 84-85 cards are worthless

snizzbone*

Had $70 left over in microsoft points on my account, used it to bust gold jumbos yesterday....absolutely awful pulls, think my best card was 86 Tyson Barrie (somehow selling for 15k). Prices right now are absurdly high (low supply, high demand) so I'm spending quite a bit of time working the market this weekend before the full launch when everything plummets and 84-85 cards are worthless

I believe the prices will actually go up on release.

Right now not many people have that many coins, so the prices are lower than they should be. With how hard it is to pull good 86+ cards, those guy will be worth a lot until the TOTWs start piling out.

Eple

It ain't easy being
Mar 7, 2010
Turku
wait, u can download and play all EA sports games for only $30 a year? why would anyone buy an NHL 16 disk then? whats the catch?

They're aren't gonna release NHL 16 to EA Access until spring. For now they only offer a 10 hour trial. They add their newest titles to the collection after a period of time. I do have to give them credit for that service though. You get to play the likes of NHL 15, Fifa 15, DA Inquisition, Bf4, Titanfall for like 4 euros a month. For all the crap EA gets from the gaming community, EA Access is actually pretty damn cool service.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
They're aren't gonna release NHL 16 to EA Access until spring. For now they only offer a 10 hour trial. They add their newest titles to the collection after a period of time. I do have to give them credit for that service though. You get to play the likes of NHL 15, Fifa 15, DA Inquisition, Bf4, Titanfall for like 4 euros a month. For all the crap EA gets from the gaming community, EA Access is actually pretty damn cool service.

Ahh that clears things up ty. I will definitely look into it when I get XB1 for Fallout 4.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
lol I scored 20 seconds into my first game

Edit: Nope I'm done. Made the guy quit and I got the loss and no pucks

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
lol I scored 20 seconds into my first game

Edit: Nope I'm done. Made the guy quit and I got the loss and no pucks

Why are people getting the loss and no pucks if they make the other person quit? Unless they're doing that glitch ******** where it kicks you from the game?

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Why are people getting the loss and no pucks if they make the other person quit? Unless they're doing that glitch ******** where it kicks you from the game?

Eventually it changes to a win and you get the pucks

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
My 10 packs from 15 weren't anything special...

Gaudreau Little Franzen
Palat Perreault Bennett
Cogliano Bailey Komarov
MacArthur Backlund Sheahan

Daley Wideman
Martin Ellis
Gormley Stralman/Tanev/Prout etc

Khudobin/ Kuemper/Raanta/Subban/Hutton

Nothing horrible..but its nothing special...didn't really hit any like NICE! cards but its a good starter team..

Johnny Hockey is pretty solid tho, fun to use...

Burned through my trial on my main account so have to wait till Monday night to jump back into HUT. Can't wait to bust open some packs.

I had a rough start playing on superstar thats for sure. Lost in OT 7-6 haha

Last edited:

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
I believe the prices will actually go up on release.

Right now not many people have that many coins, so the prices are lower than they should be. With how hard it is to pull good 86+ cards, those guy will be worth a lot until the TOTWs start piling out.

The 86+ guys MAY go up initially, although I don't think all that much to be honest.

Right now prices are high because supply is low.

When it's fully launched to the public, the market is going to be FLOODED with cards as people bust away on packs and prices will plummet for everything 85 and under.

For example an 85 Ribeiro is selling for around 3k right now. Come next week he's going to be 1500, tops.

More people will have coins....but way more supply will be out there as well. The fact is nobody really wants 85, 86 overall players. Those guys are okay right now while nobody has a decent team, but once the game launches and time goes on those guys get thrown to the trash as everybody builds their team up

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
And my recommendation is sell everything you pull right now. Sell, sell, sell. Build up your coins. Right now I have around 170k with more stuff to sell (25 max items in your trade pile is a joke, btw). No reason to build a team right now. Sell everything while the value is the highest. If you pull a Hagelin for example and really want him for your team, sell him now for 7k and buy him back in a week or 10 days for 2k.

My plan is to keep building up my coins this weekend, then on launch when the market is flooded start doing collections. Use those freebie players from collection packs to build my team. Rinse, repeat. You'll end up with a really solid squad to play with AND a ton of coins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad