OT: NHL 15 Cover Vote

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm glad Duchene is there over Mackinnon because otherwise Duchene will never win because of the hype of the kid.

Mackinnon is the face of the future and will be on a video game cover very soon. Hopefully Duchene's time is now.

Although it would be pretty cool to have Mackinnon as the cover for the first game of the next gen systems.

MvpKinnon

Jul 23, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
I think it's only 8 players this time because they want a new team on the cover and a new face of this generation. Every one of these players is 28 or younger. Also Brodeur got the last one so they want a skater now.

Also I don't think the vote is rigged. Last time Hall beat Duchene and they revealed that it was very close. I don't remember the exact numbers.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
10168197_10152638559717345_1642149996039735946_n.jpg

Next gen Dutchy does look sexy.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm glad Duchene is there over Mackinnon because otherwise Duchene will never win because of the hype of the kid.

Mackinnon is the face of the future and will be on a video game cover very soon. Hopefully Duchene's time is now.

Although it would be pretty cool to have Mackinnon as the cover for the first game of the next gen systems.

I would have rather had MacKinnon, an Av needs the hype to have any hope at winning. But good for Matty, hope he gets far.

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
It really would be sweet to have Dutchy on the NHL 15 cover but given the fact he's up against Oshie in the 1st round of voting I highly doubt it will be possible. Anyhoo, I'll be voting for him !

Like some people have said above : if they had chosen Mackinnon as a possibility for the cover, I would've liked our chances of getting an Avalanche player on a EA cover a lot more. ;)

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Kento spammed the vote on twitter last year and Duchene still lost. This is rigged.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I think he can beat Oshie easily if guys that actually play ea sports nhl vote. I play it a lot on eashl mode with some guys I've played with for several years and almost all are canadians. There's not as much americans that play this game. Canadians are going to vote for duchene. Oshie and his 15 minutes of fame is going to end soon. I believe Bergeron is going to win this contest easily. Mac will have a cover in a year or two if he keeps improving.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I think he can beat Oshie easily if guys that actually play ea sports nhl vote. I play it a lot on eashl mode with some guys I've played with for several years and almost all are canadians. There's not as much americans that play this game. Canadians are going to vote for duchene. Oshie and his 15 minutes of fame is going to end soon. I believe Bergeron is going to win this contest easily. Mac will have a cover in a year or two if he keeps improving.

And Bergeron should win. I'll be damned if it's Karlsson.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Kento spammed the vote on twitter last year and Duchene still lost. This is rigged.

Just logged into the account again. I'm going for the W this year! :laugh:
The worst part this year is that only one hashtag counts per tweet. Last year I had like 10 votes per every tweet which really adds up.

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
Just logged into the account again. I'm going for the W this year! :laugh:
The worst part this year is that only one hashtag counts per tweet. Last year I had like 10 votes per every tweet which really adds up.

I spammed the crap out of it last year as well. Disappointed they only count one hashtag per tweet now.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Twitter Hashtags count as double today! If you use twitter be sure to use the
#NHL15Duchene hashtag. I managed to get a RT from Rycroft already today which resulted in quite a few retweets to start the morning!

Edit: Rycroft, Boulding and EJ have all retweeted me so far. The more tweets sent from the big guns the better the chance Dutchy pulls this off.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So Brad Malone just retweeted a tweet which said "please retweet if you want TJ Oshie to win the cover vote over Matt duchene" It had the #NHL15Oshie hashtag in it.
Either Brad Malone thought the tweet was meant to help out Duchene, or he really has no future plans of being part of this team.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So Brad Malone just retweeted a tweet which said "please retweet if you want TJ Oshie to win the cover vote over Matt duchene" It had the #NHL15Oshie hashtag in it.
Either Brad Malone thought the tweet was meant to help out Duchene, or he really has no future plans of being part of this team.

I saw that and had a good laugh...

Didn't Oshie also go to UND? If so then I'd assume that, despite being teammates with Duchene, he may be pulling for Oshie

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I saw that and had a good laugh...

Didn't Oshie also go to UND? If so then I'd assume that, despite being teammates with Duchene, he may be pulling for Oshie

Never a good idea to go against a member of your own team though, even if you are a pending UFA. Maybe he shouldn't have taken part in it at all lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad