NHL 14 Questions

bzimmer21

Oct 17, 2013
It has been a while since playing the NHL series and I want to get back into is. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the following can be done in 14 for PS3.

- benching a goalie in the middle of a game

- updating rosters in the middle of an offline career and having it reflected in the career

- any sort of online career that would reflect real life injuries, trades, call ups/send downs, slumps, lines, etc.
- how do the online careers work? typically i used to only play against a few buddies

Thanks!

FlyingSkate

Sep 17, 2012
- benching a goalie in the middle of a game

Offline, you're able to swap goalies during puck stoppages or at the intermissions. I'd assume you would be able to change goalies in between periods online as well. I think once you hit 'Start', there's an option called 'Team Settings,' or something like that. Then 'Edit Lines,' and L1 or L2 a couple times to swing over to goalies.

- updating rosters in the middle of an offline career and having it reflected in the career

Updating rosters will only affect new careers. Does not affect careers you have already started prior to the roster update.

- any sort of online career that would reflect real life injuries, trades, call ups/send downs, slumps, lines, etc.

Not sure what you mean by online career (EASHL?) They re-introduced 'Dynamic Ratings' this year, and it affects offline 'Play Now' and online 'Versus Mode'. Basically it will bump players up/down depending on how they're doing in real life. I think it can be turned on/off, up to the user.

Playing online modes will ask you to update rosters once in a while, which will edit real life injuries/trades/call ups/send downs/line changes. (Ex. Tomas Hertl was 60-something overall on HC Slavia Praha in the Czech league at the game's release, and after the most recent roster update is 70-something overall on the Sharks)

(More here on Dynamic Ratings: http://www.easports.com/nhl/news-updates-gameplay/article/nhl-14-dynamic-ratings)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad