OT: NHL 14 player ratings?

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
If he really was that great then we wouldn't be a perennial 2nd round exit team.

Then why do the Penguins fall out every first or second round annually despite having the two best forwards in hockey? Perhaps it's because hockey is a team game where series aren't determined by individual players.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Then why do the Penguins fall out every first or second round annually despite having the two best forwards in hockey? Perhaps it's because hockey is a team game where series aren't determined by individual players.

Somewhat alarming though is Datsyuk has been very average especially to his high standards in those last two playoff exits though.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
A couple years ago on my NHL 12 Be a Pro...

Nick Lidstrom was signed by the Chicago Blackhawks. I restarted the game, he was signed by Colorado. Words couldn't describe.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
I'm surprised nobody has pointed out the fact that Quincey appears to be the wings second highest rated Dman :laugh:

TWD's overalls always look a bit pumped in comparison, even if Ericsson is our #2, defensive guys aren't valued the same way. Guys like Kindl and Smith are rated a bit lower because they have potential ratings that they grow into.

But yeah Quincey sucks. :)

crashman

If he really was that great then we wouldn't be a perennial 2nd round exit team.

If he wasn't that good, we might not be making the playoffs at all these days.

I'm not sure of the age of any of you guys, but how can you still play these NHL games? They release a "new" version of the game every year that's just more complicated, without making any real improvements. I hate the way EA just repackages the same broken game ever year, packs the games with advertisements, and expect people to pay full price for roster updates.

I think the general control system for the NHL franchise is pretty close to perfection, but they should really do a full overhaul of the entire game engine every 3 or so years, otherwise you're just paying $60 for the same game every year.

But people keep buying these bad games, and that's all that matters to them.

red wiiingz boy

Sep 2, 2012
Stockholm
I'll use this lineup (ratings) in NHL 14:

Zetterberg 90 - Datsyuk 95 - Franzen 84/85

Nyquist 80 (4,5*) - Weiss 84 - Alfredsson 83

Abdelkader 79 - Helm 82 - Tatar 78 (4*)

Miller 78 - Andersson 77 (3,5*) - Bertuzzi 78

Extras: Eaves 77, Emmerton 75 (3*), Samuelsson 78, Sheahan 73 (3,5* Green), Tootoo 77

Kronwall 88/89 - Ericsson 82

Smith 79 (4* Green) - Quincey 81

Kindl 81 - DeKeyser 79 (4*)

Extras: Lashoff 76 (3,5*)

Howard 86

Monster 75

Mrazek 73 (4* Green)

Non Red Wings: Brunner 79, Cleary 78, Filppula 83

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Quincey is money in NHL 13. Reliable defender who puts up at least 30 points a year like clockwork.

It's just a game, though. It is what it is.

red wiiingz boy

Sep 2, 2012
Stockholm
Some prospects and their potential IMO:

Järnkrok 4 yellow
Mrazek 4 green
Jurco 4 yellow
Sproul 4 yellow
Ouellet 4 yellow
Mantha 4 yellow
Sheahan 3,5 green
Bäckman 3,5 green/4 yellow (He's underrated)
Frk 3,5 yellow
Nastaziuk 3,5 yellow
Janmark 3,5 yellow

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
If he wasn't that good, we might not be making the playoffs at all these days.

I'm not sure of the age of any of you guys, but how can you still play these NHL games? They release a "new" version of the game every year that's just more complicated, without making any real improvements. I hate the way EA just repackages the same broken game ever year, packs the games with advertisements, and expect people to pay full price for roster updates.

I think the general control system for the NHL franchise is pretty close to perfection, but they should really do a full overhaul of the entire game engine every 3 or so years, otherwise you're just paying $60 for the same game every year.

But people keep buying these bad games, and that's all that matters to them.

I think people buy them (including myself) because of the competetive nature of it. Especially EASHL, despite a few broken parts to the attribute system.

I actually see 14 being a much improved game over 13.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I think people buy them (including myself) because of the competetive nature of it. Especially EASHL, despite a few broken parts to the attribute system.

I actually see 14 being a much improved game over 13.

You nailed it.

I wouldn't bother if I were only doing the single player. But I play a ton of hours with my friends in the EASHL. The game can feel like a rehash, but it's the only hockey game in town, and if you want to play online you need the newest version.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
The team aspect is appealing. You only get to play one position, and so everybody plays a role.

yeah, but I'd rather play actual hockey for that kind of thing, yano? I like playing Be-a-GM because you get to basically run a simulated season and articulate trades, develop, and scout. Yano?

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Sure, but how often can you play hockey with your friends across the country at 10pm on a Wednesday?

I forgot to reply to this, my apologies. Anyway, that's an absolutely valid and fair point. And I completely sympathize and understand that. Everyone plays the game for different reasons, and clearly the majority of people that do play the EASHL primarily. I however prefer the offline stuff and it bums me out that they haven't really updated it much over the last 4-5 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad