NHL 14 & General Video Game Discussion Part Cinq

Status
Not open for further replies.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Hmm, what's the update exactly?

Didn't check yet.

I checked it, I didn't notice much difference, but I didn't really look that hard. Maybe just some minor potential changes is what I noticed.

Zucker is only a 3 star potential, and Brodin a 4.

Billy Mays Here*

Wait, mods from other team boards can come in here and make new threads? Or more importantly, other mods are faster than Fel at closing old threads and making new ones?

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Mr. Canucklehead is to Gopher what Gopher is to us lowly mods :D

Put in a solid 7-8 hours of FF9 this weekend. Forgot to save first night, backtracked for an hour yesterday. Then realized I picked the wrong party in one spot (two mages in a castle where you can't cast spells?), had to go back two hours again and re-play. Got about an hour in, forgot to save, got killed. Had to re-play again. Ugh.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Downloaded a **** ton of player made buildings today because I'm kind of getting sick of the homogenous look some of my cities have with the same building popping up over and over and over all over the place.

Had to spend my whole day installing them and tracking down dependencies.

Seriously this is insane. Now I know how hardcore I am into this game if I am going to so much trouble just to expand my building selection. I was really hoping there were a few really big packs of buildings for each RCI type. But I could not find any.

On the plus side, I now have a Fukitol manufacturing plant that can grow as Industrial - High Tech, so I have plenty of stuff to relax me.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I bought Tiger Woods PGA Tour '14 because I had a $55 Gamestop gift card and felt like trying something new. So far it's pretty dang fun. I've only been doing my career so far, but I definitely don't regret making this purchase.

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
Anyone tried the new Bioshock? Everybody's saying it's great, but is it worth getting immediately or to wait for the price to down a bit?

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I got Tiger Woods 13 on sale a couple months back. Meh. Couldn't really get into it. Which is funny because I like golf and I like relaxing games. Needs more XP/RPG elements to it.

There's a big PixelJunk sale and I think another Square Enix sale on PS3 this weekend. Any good PixelJunk games worth trying?

Pinchy11

Nov 2, 2011
I got Tiger Woods 13 on sale a couple months back. Meh. Couldn't really get into it. Which is funny because I like golf and I like relaxing games. Needs more XP/RPG elements to it.

There's a big PixelJunk sale and I think another Square Enix sale on PS3 this weekend. Any good PixelJunk games worth trying?

I played the crap out of PixelJunk monsters, if you like tower defense type games I would recommend it. 2 player was great.

I've also played PixrlJunk Eden, which was fun and the music was really relaxing, and PixelJunk racers which was fun but nothing special.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
The Walking Dead game is awesome. Not the shooter that just came out (which looks really bad btw) but the one with the 5 episodes on Xbox Live. First episode is available for free download right now and the rest you can get for about $10. Extremely intense game.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
The Walking Dead game is awesome. Not the shooter that just came out (which looks really bad btw) but the one with the 5 episodes on Xbox Live. First episode is available for free download right now and the rest you can get for about $10. Extremely intense game.

I was ranting and raving about it a few threads back I think. Fantastic game. My favorite was episode 2 or 3, cannot remember. But it was darn good.

Can't wait for Age of Empires 2 in HD. April 5 come sooner!

I cannot wait either. So excited.

mikko1995

May 30, 2010
Just finished my rookie season with the Hornets in NBA 2k13's MyCareer mode, won the Championship over the Heat in six games.

Ready to start the next season and I noticed that the Hornets had signed Andre Iguodala. Now our starting line-up is stacked, I'm starting at the Point (91 OVR), Eric Gordon is at the 2 (90), Iggy is at the three (88), Ryan Anderson at the four (73) and Anthony Davis at the five (87). Looks like we might be the early favorites to win the title again.

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
Bought Bioshock Infinite, played it through, have to hype it a bit. While I always expect good things from the Bioshock series in terms of environments, mood-building and plot, the newest one surprised my with its gameplay and especially with what Elizabeth brings to it. Bioshock games have usually been solid, if uninspiring in the gameplay department, with the exception of the use of Plasmids / Vigors, the new one really revolutionizes the way you interact / support NPC's and they support you. While the role of Elizabeth is rather simple in gameplay terms, I really grew attached to her through her actions and words during the actual game, instead of just during the videos as it is in other games. It'll be really hard for other games to beat that.

The plot of course is awesome and nobody who plans to play this game should read anything about it beforehand.

The only bad thing I can come up with is that the combination of Vigors / Plasmids wasn't as expansive in Infinite as in Bioshock 1 and 2. I ended up spamming just two different attacks, while the rest seemed underpowered. But seriously, small thing when compared to the work of art that is Bioshock Infinite.

Only problem, how can they top this?

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
My girlfriend and I tag-teamed the new Tomb Raider game this weekend. The xbox was on from about 9AM to 8PM and we just kept switching off who would play. Fun game, if not a little repetitive. The end boss was really lame and should have been more inventive, but oh well. Overall I'd rate it like a 7.5 or 8 out of 10.

Billy Mays Here*

Just thought I'd give the TOTW a look and there it is, SOTW KOIVU!!!!!

89 Skating
89 Shooting
93 Hands
89 Checking
90 Defense

So getting him when I start playing HUT again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad