Status
Not open for further replies.

HeaveHo94

PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
Jul 20, 2007
NY NEW YORK
rangers.nhl.com
cant w8. PS3 Team: Clean&Sober

I hope my pucks transfer over, I sold all my cards in NHL12 and have like 600,000. I cant remember if they transferred them from NHL11 to NHL12.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
cant w8. PS3 Team: Clean&Sober

I hope my pucks transfer over, I sold all my cards in NHL12 and have like 600,000. I cant remember if they transferred them from NHL11 to NHL12.

Pucks dont transfer over. That would be stupid. But you do get a bonus for all of your NHL 12 HUT on-goings. Dont quote me on this but i believe it has something to do with...

-All of the pucks you've spent and earned
-All of the puck bonuses from the tournaments you've won
-Collection bonuses
-amount of players in your collection

If this is all true i better be getting a hefty bonus. I completed the entire NHL collection, had almost every SOTW card, went through about 2 million pucks, won about 30 tournaments, and collected about 60% of the players from all the other leagues.

Can't wait to open up all the packs i get to start out with. 3 packs from the 13 Demo, 1 Gold pack for reserving the game, 1 Gold Premium pack for being a sucker and buying the Season Ticket. If packs are as bad as they were in NHL 12, i'll be lucky to get Phaneuf lol

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Pucks dont transfer over. That would be stupid. But you do get a bonus for all of your NHL 12 HUT on-goings. Dont quote me on this but i believe it has something to do with...

-All of the pucks you've spent and earned
-All of the puck bonuses from the tournaments you've won
-Collection bonuses
-amount of players in your collection

If this is all true i better be getting a hefty bonus. I completed the entire NHL collection, had almost every SOTW card, went through about 2 million pucks, won about 30 tournaments, and collected about 60% of the players from all the other leagues.

Can't wait to open up all the packs i get to start out with. 3 packs from the 13 Demo, 1 Gold pack for reserving the game, 1 Gold Premium pack for being a sucker and buying the Season Ticket. If packs are as bad as they were in NHL 12, i'll be lucky to get Phaneuf lol

I'm positive pucks transfer over. I don't think it's all of your pucks but it's about half. I heard that from somewhere.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Pucks carrying over would make it completely unfair on those who haven't bought the game before as well as it'd give players head starts and completely screw market values.

matt1396

Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
Can't wait to open up all the packs im getting tomorrow. 3 from the demo, 1 gold pack from preordering the game, a gold premium pack from getting the season ticket, two poacks containg 5 random players from the Kings and Devils (Stanley Cup Edition), 24 gold jumbo pack with Gretzky in it (Stanley Cup edition), and the regular starting pack lol.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Pucks carrying over would make it completely unfair on those who haven't bought the game before as well as it'd give players head starts and completely screw market values.

It rewards players who actually bought the previous game. If you want to go by that logic, it's also unfair that people who buy the season ticket get free packs. Just saying.

I've been saving up my pucks from NHL 12 so this is a bit of a piss off.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Can't wait for HUT. By far my favorite mode, even if they did dumb it down a bit. Hopefully my reward packs have something worthwhile.

And as for pucks: They don't transfer over completely. During a developer gameplay session or a blog post or something, they said breakdown dealt mainly with collections and wins I think. Then current pucks and anything else will get you a bonus. Mine was somewhere in between 10-15k but some people had over 20k.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I remember in '11 I didn't play a ton of HUT but I got some ridiculous amount of pucks in '12 and I played a crap ton in '12 so I am expecting a hefty reward of pucks. We'll find out soon enough, still need to beat the demo to get that pack, also pre-ordered from Gamestop to get the 4 packs a month for 4 months thing or whatever it was. No idea if I'll play a lot of HUT this year or not depends on the puckage I get.

Parrish

Apr 2, 2004
Decatur; Indiana
I think they may have ruined HUT. I read that player boosts only last for one game. This makes building up players pointless. It makes most all juniors pointless.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
They could have/should have made it so consumables only last for the duration of the contract that players are on. When you apply a consumable, you just couldn't add another contract.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
The thing I'm not liking about HUT is the revamped interface, might be enough to keep me from getting into it again, I know it's kind of petty but things are slow enough that having to go through each line individually instead of being able to see all forward lines at once is annoying.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
The thing I'm not liking about HUT is the revamped interface, might be enough to keep me from getting into it again, I know it's kind of petty but things are slow enough that having to go through each line individually instead of being able to see all forward lines at once is annoying.

Yeah the new interface is ridiculous. The old one was perfectly easy and functional.

DohBruins

May 22, 2012
Boston
They should have made HUT a carbon a carbon copy of Fifa UT.

Everyone should stock up on good players right when you get the game, because the prices are gonna keep going up. I think they did a good job this year, you'll see, the market will be very competitive. Most people who played FUT understand this.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

THANK YOU! I thought i was the only one.

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
HUT got Pejorative Slured last year with everyone trying to get perfect cards, no one would buy a Stamkos with 5 games left, Malkin with 20 games left, etc. So they just sat there, and then the value goes down. At least now the prices will always be consistent.

but let me be clear... the interface...

3pirN.gif

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Yay! Thought I was being nit picky but seems like a consensus around here, let's take on of the slowest game modes we've got and totally screw with the interface to make it even worse!! Especially if you have to apply more consumables and so forth than in the past it's going to make it an even more time consuming process.

I don't do much complaining, honestly I try not to but if it's not broke don't fix it.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
They should have made HUT a carbon a carbon copy of Fifa UT.

Everyone should stock up on good players right when you get the game, because the prices are gonna keep going up. I think they did a good job this year, you'll see, the market will be very competitive. Most people who played FUT understand this.

yeah....with juniors and euros being pretty much useless now it's gonna be a mad scramble for the star NHLers.

I'll see how GM mode is. Otherwise i might just take the game back, HUT isn't as good this year

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
yeah....with juniors and euros being pretty much useless now it's gonna be a mad scramble for the star NHLers.

I'll see how GM mode is. Otherwise i might just take the game back, HUT isn't as good this year

It makes no sense why they would do that, I guess so you have to buy more consumables and what not instead of stacking a team loading up your consumable pile and auctioning all the rest. I can understand the premise of the idea but as someone else suggested making them last for the duration of the players contract would have been much better.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
It makes no sense why they would do that, I guess so you have to buy more consumables and what not instead of stacking a team loading up your consumable pile and auctioning all the rest. I can understand the premise of the idea but as someone else suggested making them last for the duration of the players contract would have been much better.

or having both. Say the Temp stat boosts are commons, and the permenant ones are rare cards. This way teams can still "bulk up" for an important game/tourney, and those that do want to make a junior team can still do it (tho it'd be more work than in 12, but hey a challenge is good)

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
or having both. Say the Temp stat boosts are commons, and the permenant ones are rare cards. This way teams can still "bulk up" for an important game/tourney, and those that do want to make a junior team can still do it (tho it'd be more work than in 12, but hey a challenge is good)

Yeah for sure it just seems like EA has gone from one extreme to the other again. A limit is cool with me but it should be enough to get through a tourney at least or even better yet 15-30 games. With HUT you play so many games that you would still have to buy training cards quite often.

The challenge then of building an awesome junior or euro team would be fulfilling like you said, because it would take a long time and a lot of work to train them up.

Just a goofy change in my opinion, feels like they are pandering to people who didn't play enough HUT to make a good team by making it easier and also chasing money knowing lazy people will now have to buy way more packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad