NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheQuackAttack

Jan 11, 2012
Hey you said yourself you wouldn't take less than 3 mil if you got one, haha. I should get as much as I can in a bidding war.

Yes, should show you how much I want one :/

I'll do what I can to win the bid war, but i'm telling you i'll most likely offer more than what the bid war goes to. There've been two bid wars, ending at 1.3 and 1.6... The one ended at 1.6 because there was a guy who went public saying he'd give SOTW Ovi for a 99 Sid. Not saying this won't go as high, but there are only so many multi millionaires out there.

But yeah... I'm confused, so I suppose i'll just wait for the war.

Edit: Also, new SOTWs out... Stacked this week

99 Sid
92 Stamkos
92 Giroux (Yes, the 4th different edition of Giroux...)
91 Weber
Huge potential for packs.

There is also:
87 Simmonds
88 Ladd
88 Vorachek
85 Brunner
89 Kronwall
88 Martin
86 Beauchemin
90 Rask
85 Bishop

GodTukka*

Is anybody else having trouble with the app?

I can't connect anymore yet it worked fine yesterday.

EA Sports website was down too yesterday, it's on their end whatever the issue is.

MattyB79

Feb 26, 2013
Well since a new page of the thread started on me...

Anyone willing to work out a deal with any or all these players for a 99ovl Crosby on XBOX reply of send my out a PM

Crosby(90)
Malkin(89)
Stamkos(89)
Roenick(88)
Lecavalier(SOTW 90)

Thanks!!

Shroomtastic71

Mar 19, 2012
NYC/CT

I'll do what I can to win the bid war, but i'm telling you i'll most likely offer more than what the bid war goes to. There've been two bid wars, ending at 1.3 and 1.6... The one ended at 1.6 because there was a guy who went public saying he'd give SOTW Ovi for a 99 Sid. Not saying this won't go as high, but there are only so many multi millionaires out there.

99 Sid
92 Stamkos
91 Weber

There is also:
87 Simmonds
88 Ladd
88 Vorachek
85 Brunner
89 Kronwall
88 Martin
86 Beauchemin
90 Rask
85 Bishop
I replied to your PM, maybe we can work something out.

GodTukka*

Wonder how much a SotW Ladd would go for :O

One of my favorite Jets next to Big Buff. his normal card would be good if he was faster, obv the SOTW takes care of that

Schenn Bros Pizza*

To whoever was talking about the iPhone app to find my Flyers WC. I have two questions. Are you saying you can make it your active jersey using the app? Second, is there an iPad app? I only have an iPad and android phone.

MattyB79

Feb 26, 2013
To whoever was talking about the iPhone app to find my Flyers WC. I have two questions. Are you saying you can make it your active jersey using the app? Second, is there an iPad app? I only have an iPad and android phone.

you can download it for the ipad as an iphone app and just enlarge it to fit the screen. all you have to do is hit the tab when u search NHL13 to iphone apps rather than ipad apps

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto

99 Sid
92 Stamkos
91 Weber

There is also:
87 Simmonds
88 Ladd
88 Vorachek
85 Brunner
89 Kronwall
88 Martin
86 Beauchemin
90 Rask
85 Bishop

Got a $10 credit from PSN, going to open a few packs in hopes of getting one of those SOTW and than come back and tell you guys that I got Mike Komisarek and Tim Jackman.

Grounded Star

HUT Rookie Sensation
Jul 1, 2006
YEG
www.facebook.com
OK community, looking for a few questions worth of advice.

I'm a late starter to HUT, and it seems near impossible to get into the fray on the top end players in the auction house. In your opinions, am I better off to keep grinding the AH, attempting to one day get a nice card at a steal and slowly build? Or at this point do I just need to keep buying packs and hope for a huge pull?

I seem to have awful auction luck, for example, I picked up mike Richards for 5k which I thought was quite a steal, put him up to try and capitalize and only made about a k after taxes.

I've built about the best team I can out of affordable players and just can't seem to get to the next level. Help! Please!

Edit: forgot this question, are there any opinions on which packs have the best odds at a high end players? I've read conflicting opinions online, some say the gold packs work out to the best deal, others say you'll never pull anything worthwhile from them.

Last edited:

PlayTheTrap

GM: 8 Cups/22 years
Feb 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I'm a late starter to HUT, and it seems near impossible to get into the fray on the top end players in the auction house. In your opinions, am I better off to keep grinding the AH, attempting to one day get a nice card at a steal and slowly build? Or at this point do I just need to keep buying packs and hope for a huge pull?

I seem to have awful auction luck, for example, I picked up mike Richards for 5k which I thought was quite a steal, put him up to try and capitalize and only made about a k after taxes.

I've built about the best team I can out of affordable players and just can't seem to get to the next level. Help! Please!

Only packs worth opening are Bronze for 4 contracts for 600 and the Value/Mega packs.

Just grind the Rookie Cup, you should score 5+ goals a game (for the max puck bonus) and buy players off the auction house. No risk of getting nothing for your pucks that way.

I've opened 50 packs (assorted) and my best 5 pulls were:

Kessel (Mega pack, kept him)
Green
C -> RW (used it on Carter)
Giordano
B. Richards

PlayTheTrap

Feb 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Flipped my lines a bit and replaced Cole with M. Michalek.

Sharp (A) - Spezza (C) - Kessel
Semin - M. Richards (A) - Carter
M. Michalek - E. Staal - Pavelski
Heatley - SOTW Hodgson - Grabner

J. Johnson - Weber
Bouwmeester - Burns
Edler - Subban

Lehtonen
SOTW Reimer

98 team chemistry (2nd and 4th lines have 95, rest are 99)

Anyone have any suggestions or advice about improving?

TheQuackAttack

Jan 11, 2012

Packs are a great shortcut, but playing the market is effective. It's always slow going at the beginning, but the more you have, the more you earn. If you had enough pucks to do 30 of those Richards flips, 150k at a time probably wouldn't sound too bad.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Just won the Hart Memorial offline and the first three were fairly easy then in the final game I with to Ot with Phoenix.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Got a $10 credit from PSN, going to open a few packs in hopes of getting one of those SOTW and than come back and tell you guys that I got Mike Komisarek and Tim Jackman.

Actually didn't do half bad. Pulled Rinne, Horton and like 5 team change cards.

As of right now my team is looking like this:

SOTW Marleau - SOTW Thornton - SOTW Pavelski
Hall - Kesler - SOTW Purcell
Perry - Gilmore - Nash
Helm - Stoll - Iginla

SOTW Chara - SOTW Karlsson
Phaneuf - Letang
Bouwmeester - Myers

Rinne
Varlamov

Assuming a huge deal goes through in the next few days, I may have quite the trade pile...

TheQuackAttack

Jan 11, 2012
Alright. So I think i'll be the proud owner of a 99 Crosby soon enough. On the Ps3, contact me if there is a card you're looking to buy. I'll check my collection, maybe we can work it out. I need as many pucks as possible right now.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
I have over 20000 pucks, should I waste them on 4 gold packs in hopes of a 99 Crosby or just spend it on somebody?

PlayTheTrap

Feb 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Actually didn't do half bad. Pulled Rinne, Horton and like 5 team change cards.

As of right now my team is looking like this:

SOTW Marleau - SOTW Thornton - SOTW Pavelski
Hall - Kesler - SOTW Purcell
Perry - Gilmore - Nash
Helm - Stoll - Iginla

SOTW Chara - SOTW Karlsson
Phaneuf - Letang
Bouwmeester - Myers

Rinne
Varlamov

Assuming a huge deal goes through in the next few days, I may have quite the trade pile...

I opened a 5,000 puck Gold pack (wishing for a 99 Crosby) and I got Upshall and a COL team change. Then I open a bronze pack for the 4 contracts and pull an Alternate captain card. I hate packs.

Did you get my PM about Phaneuf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad