NHL’s 30 in 30: Boston Bruins

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
Alrighty article, however

...When he did play, he showed a loss in foot-speed and all-around defensive play but given his age (33)...

Sadly Z is a bit older than that :(

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Good and fair.

It's been stated by management that Paille and Campbell will not be returning, and I think they've indicated that Soderberg will test the UFA waters, haven't they?

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Very poor asset management by Peter when he could have moved Soderberg for some assets but will lose him for nothing.

McQuaid is another player that would have fetched a return at the deadline but will result in likely nothing in return.

Campbell and Paille should have be moved as well, but Claude was crying to Peter that he didn't have any talent to work with.

Four major mistakes by Peter that likely had him shown the door by the upper Brass.

But he did move Caron for Talbot. Ha! What a joke.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Good and fair.

It's been stated by management that Paille and Campbell will not be returning, and I think they've indicated that Soderberg will test the UFA waters, haven't they?

Yep - they basically let Paille and Campbell "go" right after they missed the playoffs. The Soderberg news has been percolating over the last week or so - IIRC, Soderberg's agent has said that the Bs haven't exactly been negotiating with them, and they're going to look elsewhere. I've liked Soda, but I can see letting him go, as we already have too many centers.

I think the priority's got to be to sign Hamilton. I can see Chia trying to take a big dump on the his old team by giving him an offer sheet. (Note: how exactly do offer sheets work? Does Hamilton just pick the "best" offer sheet, sign it, and present it to the Bs, if multiple teams want him? If we manage to have Hamilton sign a contract, then it's done, right?)

Conley and Spooner should be a slam dunk re-sign too, no? Any poachers out there for them?

As for McQuaid and Bart, it's rather convenient that they're on the bottom of my "must return next year" list, AND that they're the only two UFAs left.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Good article. Not sure about the draft choices mentioned but none of us know what the Bs are gonna do there either so who knows. To me its a toss up between Konecny and Zboril.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
I'd also disagree about Subban being a good backup choice for Rask. His meltdown against St. Louis was a big setback. People talk about him being thrown to the wolves, but in truth he faced 6 shots in 30 minutes. Mostly weak shots too. He needs to do a lot at this point to prove that he's NHL calibre goalie.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Very poor asset management by Peter when he could have moved Soderberg for some assets but will lose him for nothing.

McQuaid is another player that would have fetched a return at the deadline but will result in likely nothing in return.

Campbell and Paille should have be moved as well, but Claude was crying to Peter that he didn't have any talent to work with.

Four major mistakes by Peter that likely had him shown the door by the upper Brass.

But he did move Caron for Talbot. Ha! What a joke.

I could see the outrage here if Chia had of moved both Soda and Quaider at the deadline.....internet would blow up + do we know he didn`t want to move both but Neely said no?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Or Chia's intent was to keep them but Sweeney said, "No."

either way, not so sure what any of the conversations were like at that time as I`m no insider but while Chia is deemed by many here as less than intelligent, he`s not so blind that he wouldn`t have been aware of the contract status of both and if a team called about either he wouldn`t have listened

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad