NFL: NFL will now impose fines, loss of draft picks for concussion protocol violations

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I am not against it as we have seen some foolish stuff in years (Like when Eagles sent that LB back out there that was clearly concussed ,, I believe it was a LB when Reid was coach)

But there does need to be some blame put on players though as often they will hide symptoms and have admitted to lying and cheating test to get back on field

Blame for issue isn't 100% on NFL/Coaches as media likes to portray it

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
This protocol isn't mean to address the borderline cases where a player can cheat a test. This is designed to stop the instances where tests weren't even given to begin with.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
The Philly LB you're thinking of is Stewart Bradley

It'll be interesting to see it actually used. I mean it seems like every season we hear how new protocols will be in place, but someone always slips through the obv crack. I mean that Keenum case was basically missed by everyone involved.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I am not against it as we have seen some foolish stuff in years (Like when Eagles sent that LB back out there that was clearly concussed ,, I believe it was a LB when Reid was coach)

But there does need to be some blame put on players though as often they will hide symptoms and have admitted to lying and cheating test to get back on field

Blame for issue isn't 100% on NFL/Coaches as media likes to portray it

Its not about that. Its about Case Keenum last year. Its about Russell Wilson in the 2015 NFC championship game. He doesn't remember playing in the 2nd half and OT.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Its not about that. Its about Case Keenum last year. Its about Russell Wilson in the 2015 NFC championship game. He doesn't remember playing in the 2nd half and OT.

Notice the penalties are imposed retroactively. Keenum and Wilson will stay play in those instances. The league will just take politically correct action after-the-fact.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Notice the penalties are imposed retroactively. Keenum and Wilson will stay play in those instances. The league will just take politically correct action after-the-fact.

I know but maybe it'll make a team think twice before sending players back in when they are clearly dazed. Keenum was so perplexing since the game had zero meaning.

AZPenguins

Aug 25, 2009
Tempe, AZ

Even if it is after the fact the NFL can then say ask the team/player why he was back in there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad