Injury Report: NFL week 8

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

The Luck news only seems to be getting worse. I don't think there's any chance he's playing this season but there might be concern even beyond that.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Wow hopefully Miller is okay and he's made enough money that he can retire from football.

Things like that make me feel bad that the players union gets so bent over in labour negotiations. Football is so violent even compared to hockey that you can understand why players hold out to get paid. I don't blame any player for wanting to retire because you can't really put a price on your health or being able to play with your kids as they grow up.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Wow hopefully Miller is okay and he's made enough money that he can retire from football.

Things like that make me feel bad that the players union gets so bent over in labour negotiations. Football is so violent even compared to hockey that you can understand why players hold out to get paid. I don't blame any player for wanting to retire because you can't really put a price on your health or being able to play with your kids as they grow up.
All about leverage. Last negotiations, the owners made a last minute offer and only the Pitt player rep, Ryan Clark, voted no to it. Other 31 reps accepted. Cause their guys couldn't afford to miss a pay check.

Too many nflers don't manage their money well. Top 12 guys on each 53 man roster make about 80% of the money. The other 40 make the remaining 20%.

In the new CBA, they need to make all rookie deals 3 years in length. No club option. Also, get rid of the franchise tag. Then, it's up to each player and their agent to get as much guaranteed money as they can.

Players and afents need to understand that once they sign a contract they have no leverage. Teams can cut players freely once the guaranteed money has been paid, so up to the players to get what they can.

Don't sign for the extra year or two to help your team out, only do so if you get something for it.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
The issue is that to actual get the improvements to the CBA the players need to be willing to strike. The problem with that is because players careers are so short, the average NFLer who's fighting to have his 2-3 career, doesn't want to give up paychecks for something that will possibly hurt his career earnings but benefit those who come after.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad