NFL GDT: NFL Week 4

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Still a very promising game for the Pats even though they lost. Their defense is still top notch and limited the Chiefs offense to 19 points. The Chiefs had 6 (!) points with 1 minute left in the 3rd quarter.

The scoreline does not do the Pats justice and a few critical mistakes cost them the game:

- Hoyer getting sacked in the redzone to end the second half when the team had no timeouts. Could and should have been tied at half time.
- Hoyer fumbling the ball in the redzone after an 8 minute drive.
- Edelman dropping the ball into the KC player for a given pick six.

See a trend here?

It was always going to be an uphill battle even with Cam as the starter. But losing your starter on a Saturday after the practice week? Yea, I am just happy this was not a blowout. Belichick is still the GOAT.

Next week they play a bad Broncos team at home. Even without Cam, they should go in to their bye week with a 3-2 record and then hopefully he gets back. They also still have to play the Jets twice, so that's good. :p

I saw a crazy stat last night that the Patrick Mahomes Chiefs' offense has not scored a TD in the first half in only three games...all of them against the Patriots.

Last night you saw what other teams have done numerous times against New England. Make countless mistakes that are the difference in the game. Not to take anything away from how great they have been the last 2 decades. It just seemed that every break would go for New England in a close football game.
BB is the GOAT among coaches and he loves being the underdog

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It was a smart tactic to play ball control football. I don’t think anyone could beat KC in a score fest. Play conservative football and keep the ball out of Mahomes hands is smart.
That’s the type of game Baltimore was expected to play. Run the ball and keep KC offense off the field. Wear down that D. Even if Mahomes scores it might be a quick strike so you go back out and pound the rock against a tired D and hopefully get a break along the way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad