Injury Report: NFL Week 11...mostly Luke Kuechly, A.J. Green and Luck

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Panthers also lost Kalil (shoulder), Mario Addison (foot) and Leonard Johnson (chest I think). Saints lost Ingram (possible concussion). Tough game.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
He's being evaluated for a concussion, but he got hit in the chest during the previous play and was breathing heavily afterward. I think whatever happened, it was in conjunction with getting the wind knocked out of him. That plus a concussion I'd imagine is really scary and probably feels like you're dying.

EDIT: Been said to death, but this is appropriate given the injuries tonight

Last edited:

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
Luke is one of the best players the NFL has ever had. It seems like he had another concussion. I honestly think his career is going to be over soon if it was.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
That's the second time I've read about "the beginning of the end" for Luke based on two concussions. The dude loves football way too much to walk away on his own. He isn't going anywhere. He just got scared.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
It's a bummer guys like Kuechly and Lee have had injury issues through their NFL careers.

I hope the concussion wasn't serious.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
You're right, thought he had something else before his concussion last year, but that's what happens when you don't double check before posting. :shakehead

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Sucks to see a guy like Kuechly not only injured, but clearly very shaken by said injury. I'm not buying that this is the beginning of the end for Kuechly, he clearly loves the game more than anything. Plus he's still only 25. But such an injury may shorten his career. I never imagined Patrick Willis would be done at the age of 30, but I suppose at some point the body and brain can't take it anymore. That said, Kuechly should still have many more seasons ahead of him.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
P-Willy had foot issues for years though. Concussions are a bit scarier. Kuechly was knocked out and it shook him.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Sucks to see a guy like Kuechly not only injured, but clearly very shaken by said injury. I'm not buying that this is the beginning of the end for Kuechly, he clearly loves the game more than anything. Plus he's still only 25. But such an injury may shorten his career. I never imagined Patrick Willis would be done at the age of 30, but I suppose at some point the body and brain can't take it anymore. That said, Kuechly should still have many more seasons ahead of him.

He did sign a new contract not too long ago. 5 years for $62 million. $34 million in guaranteed money.

So, good to know he's taken care of financially given all that he has done for the Panthers franchise.

Hope he takes all of the necessary time needed to recover. They play 10 days later in Oakland, then in Seattle. If he misses those 2 games, and they lose both, brings the team down to 4-8. Season is over.

Might be wise to sit him for the remainder of the year if there is any doubt about his health. No point in risking another blow to the head in the final 4 meaningless games. Given that the NFC East should get 1 of the wild card spots. The other either another NFC East, Arizona, most likely.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Might be easier to start listing who didn't get injured this weekend...

Also, add this guy to the injury list:

yhdfmbndygsogemho1h2.gif

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad