NFL Washington to review nickname UPD new name: Commanders

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Washington American Football Club

Keep the branding in place with the exception of the name and primary logo.

How could Trump people complain about adding the word "American" to their name?

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Should have done this years ago. Maybe Snyder can concentrate on fielding a decent team.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
I heard earlier it's going to be based on a military tie in. This can't be it, can it? :laugh:

washington-sentinels-from-the-movie-the.jpg

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
So, I'm not sure if this should go in this thread, the NHL Chicago thread, or its own thread somewhere (or ignored)...but today after the announcement of the Redskins intent to change their name, I read an opinion piece in Washington Post about how the author believes the name Texas Rangers must change and why...which led me to investigate the origin of the name of the New York Rangers, which apparently came about as a partial play on words ( "Tex's Rangers" for their founder, nicknamed Tex)....so might NYR be the down the line another domino to fall?

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
So, I'm not sure if this should go in this thread, the NHL Chicago thread, or its own thread somewhere (or ignored)...but today after the announcement of the Redskins intent to change their name, I read an opinion piece in Washington Post about how the author believes the name Texas Rangers must change and why...which led me to investigate the origin of the name of the New York Rangers, which apparently came about as a partial play on words ( "Tex's Rangers" for their founder, nicknamed Tex)....so might NYR be the down the line another domino to fall?

That editorial was written by a woman who said white women should be lucky that black aren't calling for revenge (after listing a number of hate crimes).

She's just a shrill that's making the WaPo harder to read.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Squatters have trademarked almost every Washington NFL nickname option. Will it pay off?

Martin McCaulay insists he isn't hoping for a payday. So do the others who've snapped up trademarks. But even if they're telling the truth, what kind of power ...

Interesting interviews with a few folks that have potential names trademarked. Some did it for financial reasons. Others with plans to actually use it but could be convinced to sell/give it up.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Looks like their name for now will be the Washington Football Team

Helmet logo to be replaced by player's number.

Best to go with a 'definition' for now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad