OT: NFL Talk (2013 Edition)

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
well that was not the expected out come last night. I was figuring the Broncos would take it by about 10.... screwed my SportsSelect ticket ha.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
philip-rivers-chargers_original_display_image.jpg

#PrimeTimePlayer

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
San Diego really seems to be Peytons kryptonite for some reason. They always used to knock Indie out of the playoffs

simcity

Apr 8, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Don't worry, you won't be seeing Brady and Hoody's mugs on the SB podium this year. The defense is in shambles, Gronk's done, and it took an onside recovery and one of the worst PI calls in recent memory to beat ****ing Cleveland. I'm amazed they're 10-3.

I would never ever discount the Patriots. They seem to always play well in big games when the odds are stacked against them. They are the best coached and most mentally tough team. I expect them to be in the Superbowl again this year.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
In the semis in my fantacy pool and feel like this is a bad week. Winnipeg Jets have been in the tank, my Bronco's 5hit the bed Thursday night at home, and I start Moreno who has been money this season and he chunks it. I sense I am going to suck this week and need my opponent to suck more for me to have a chance which is unlikely.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I would never ever discount the Patriots. They seem to always play well in big games when the odds are stacked against them. They are the best coached and most mentally tough team. I expect them to be in the Superbowl again this year.

:yo:

I hope you're right, can't say I share the same optimism. The Patriots have won titles with less impressive offensive players than they have right now, so I'm not too worried on that front. They'll find a way to get it done.

That defence though? I can't remember the last time New England's run D has looked this porous. Mayo and Wilfork are the heart and soul of their D, losing one of them is bad enough. Losing both? I think they'll be at the mercy of any team that can run the ball effectively.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Thank god I am going to miss most if not all the Vikings game today.
Peterson gerhart and their rookie (and probably best cb) Rhodes are all out

They are going to get obliterated today.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
The December Tony Romo Express is chugging down the track right on schedule.

Garrett tossed Romo straight under the bus. Telling reporters he audibled out of a run to a pass too throw that first pick.

:laugh:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Dreaded defeat in the semis of my fantasy pool.....I called it.....black cloud sporting week.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

Garrett tossed Romo straight under the bus. Telling reporters he audibled out of a run to a pass too throw that first pick.

:laugh: I heard that on nflxm this morning. The marshall interview after the bears game was pretty funny as well, in regards to the two cutlerceptions in the first half and both cutler and marshall had a good laugh.

“Well, the ball in the end zone, that interception was on me,†Marshall said. “It was one of our favorite plays, a play that we are really efficient on, one of our better plays. The linebacker kind of got underneath me a little bit, made me widen, then the safety came down and I didn’t get around like we worked on all week. I put Jay in a bad bind, so that’s really on me.

"The second one, he just threw a terrible ball, so that’s on Jay." Pretty sure that is a edit as I remember Marshall laughing and saying that the throw just sucked ha.

Really enjoying watching Jeffreys and Marshall on WR. Now if my Lions could actually pick up a 2nd WR and not play like trash we may of had a chance at playoffs.......down to a hope and a prayer at this point..........the life of a lions fan :shakehead

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
I'm looking good going into tonight's game. My opponent has no players left, and I am four points behind with Calvin Johnson and Dennis Pitta remaining. I *should* punch a ticket into the finals. It would take a freakishly fluky night to not get at least 4 pts between those two guys. :help:

My opponent had Jamaal Charles in his lineup. Though everyone else on his roster underperformed in the early games, Charles almost single-handedly made a comeback for him. Unreal, 50+ pts in most fantasy leagues. (59 in our PPR)

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm looking good going into tonight's game. My opponent has no players left, and I am four points behind with Calvin Johnson and Dennis Pitta remaining. I *should* punch a ticket into the finals. It would take a freakishly fluky night to not get at least 4 pts between those two guys. :help:

My opponent had Jamaal Charles in his lineup. Though everyone else on his roster underperformed in the early games, Charles almost single-handedly made a comeback for him. Unreal, 50+ pts in most fantasy leagues. (59 in our PPR)

Had Charles on both teams in the semis this week. Next week both teams will be doing battle again :D

Everyone with great records based off the Denver guys got owned if they didn't have a pretty ridiculous team.

Awesome win for the Vikes as well haha. It screwed my proline but I don't care. I'll take wins over tanking and gambling interests any Sunday. We'll be fine with a more capable coach and a new QB next year I think.

The Texans and Redskins (oops) clearly need the losses more than we do hehe

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

Romo made a bone head play. Again. That said, wtf are you doing pointing fingers Jason Garrett? You're up by 20+ points, run the ****ing ball until they stop you. Same old "inexcusable" mistakes from Dallas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad