NFL: NFL, Papa John's end agreement

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Sort of off topic, but it does deserve its thread:

Papa John's, NFL make 'mutual decision' to end sponsorship deal

My parent's order via my account a ton of Papa John's pizza when the local pro & ASU teams either win or the teams are on gameday. I haven't ordered from the chain for any of the NFL promotions, but after last season, this is a big blow for Papa John's.

If another nationwide chain is to step into Papa John's void, who would you want? I want Pizza Hut because one is just walking distance from my house.

Discuss.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Um, this is a sore subject for me right now because if I'm gonna eat pizza (which isn't that often), it's gonna be local, and my favorite place in Chapel Hill (and the best late-night pizza I've ever had) closed in December. I am devastated.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Not to mention its often more then $5 your saving

Real Pizza can usually be $5-10 more then fast food pizza of comparable size when your talking about large or xl pizza's

TheTimTamSlammerMan

Jul 29, 2011
Long Island
If you have kids, yes. There's no point paying anything more for children who don't know the difference between good and bad pizza.

But you should teach your kids what good food is so they know the difference between good food and trash. I didn't grow up with a ton of money but my parents never gave me chain pizza. Maybe it's just a New York thing since no one else knows how to make pizza. :sarcasm:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Pizza Hut once had the cheese-filled crust that was so awesome.

I've never hated Papa John's though. I liked their garlic sauce.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Sort of off topic, but it does deserve its thread:

Papa John's, NFL make 'mutual decision' to end sponsorship deal

My parent's order via my account a ton of Papa John's pizza when the local pro & ASU teams either win or the teams are on gameday. I haven't ordered from the chain for any of the NFL promotions, but after last season, this is a big blow for Papa John's.

If another nationwide chain is to step into Papa John's void, who would you want? I want Pizza Hut because one is just walking distance from my house.

Discuss.

I thought this happened back in Dec 18 when the protest happened

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
DXQRfmXXkAAq5Vj.jpg

Jay is stoked on Pizza Hut.

Reactions: Amerika

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's official:

Pizza Hut replaces Papa John's as the NFL's official sponsor

Even though my family order Papa John's thanks to the local sports teams' deals with Papa, I grew up on Pizza Hut, and there is a Hut location within walking distance to my house. This is a win-win for me.

No impact on the NFL since they were able to replace Papa John's right away with the Hut.

Papa John's will have to see how it impacts their bottom line. Do they still come out the same profit wise with the lower advertising costs and potential lower sales or will the bottom line take a hit?

They've been a sponsor for a few years now, so they are very well known.

I used their Monday promo several times during the season and I'm sure that they will continue that promo code during the NFL season, just need to change the promo code to remove "NFL" and change it to "FB" or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad