NFL: NFL MVP to this point in the season?

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Voted Dalton for doing almost as much as Brady with less to work with.

CE65CFXUkAE4t9X.jpg

It's the exact opposite :laugh:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Well, Brady has plenty of weapons. The oline is banged up, but it isn't as if TB12 was lighting it up with JAGs. Gronk is the best TE in the game, Edelman, Lewis, Amendola, Chandler and LaFell are no slouches either.

Brady is easily the front runner IMO, but saying he is doing more with less isn't true. Overcoming the oline injuries is great and all, but the most impressive thing about TB this year is the much improved foot work. He is much more mobile in the pocket and it helps him a great deal.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Well, Brady has plenty of weapons. The oline is banged up, but it isn't as if TB12 was lighting it up with JAGs. Gronk is the best TE in the game, Edelman, Lewis, Amendola, Chandler and LaFell are no slouches either.

Brady is easily the front runner IMO, but saying he is doing more with less isn't true. Overcoming the oline injuries is great and all, but the most impressive thing about TB this year is the much improved foot work. He is much more mobile in the pocket and it helps him a great deal.

I'll give you Gronk.

Actually...everyone one of those guys was JAGs before coming to New England. Brandon LaFell was pretty mediocre in Carolina, Amendola was pretty much just a guy in St. Louis, Scott Chandler the same in Buffalo and Dion Lewis was out of football.

Meanwhile, AJ Green was a first round pick, Gio Bernard was a second round pick, Jeremy Hill was a second round pick, Tyler Eifert was a first round pick, Mohammed Sanu was a third round pick, and on top of all that, the Bengals have one of the best o-lines in football.

Brady is absolutely doing more with less.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
I'll give you Gronk.

Actually...everyone one of those guys was JAGs before coming to New England. Brandon LaFell was pretty mediocre in Carolina, Amendola was pretty much just a guy in St. Louis, Scott Chandler the same in Buffalo and Dion Lewis was out of football.

Meanwhile, AJ Green was a first round pick, Gio Bernard was a second round pick, Jeremy Hill was a second round pick, Tyler Eifert was a first round pick, Mohammed Sanu was a third round pick, and on top of all that, the Bengals have one of the best o-lines in football.

Brady is absolutely doing more with less.

I agree with most of your comment.I see it this way. If you take Bill and his coaching scheme away from the Patriots, I bet they don't win any of those rings and Brady wouldn't have been as good as he's been in his career. Talent is extremely important, but a smart coach, with a great scheme and knowing how to make adjustments on the fly during a game, is just as important for winning.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I agree with most of your comment.I see it this way. If you take Bill and his coaching scheme away from the Patriots, I bet they don't win any of those rings and Brady wouldn't have been as good as he's been in his career. Talent is extremely important, but a smart coach, with a great scheme and knowing how to make adjustments on the fly during a game, is just as important for winning.

See, that's the thing and that's where I disagree with Dolph (Tom doing more with less).

Belichick has the knack to find under the radar guys (Brady being the prime example) and turning them into something valuable. He does it over and over and over again on both sides of the ball.

He sees something in some guys, pick them up and use them in order to maximize their effectiveness.

Sure, guys like LaFell, Amendola and Lewis aren't marquee names. Sure, they kind of came out of no where (not Amendola, he was pretty good in STL, his problem was staying healthy). However, they all are positive contributors. Brady makes them look good, sure, but they are doing their jobs - the job that they have been picked up to do. They are talented. Brady doesn't make chicken salad with chicken ****, here. Belichick got guys that he knew how to utilize.

Belichick always goes after guys that are versatile and smart. They are not the most talented, but they can lineup pretty much everywhere and they understand their roles. Brady is very cerebral as well. That's why it works.

Brady is the main cog here, sure, but the guys around him are smart enough to understand the MULTIPLE DIVERSE strategies and apply them.

So, no, I wouldn't say that Brady is doing more with less.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
See, that's the thing and that's where I disagree with Dolph (Tom doing more with less).

Belichick has the knack to find under the radar guys (Brady being the prime example) and turning them into something valuable. He does it over and over and over again on both sides of the ball.

He sees something in some guys, pick them up and use them in order to maximize their effectiveness.

Sure, guys like LaFell, Amendola and Lewis aren't marquee names. Sure, they kind of came out of no where (not Amendola, he was pretty good in STL, his problem was staying healthy). However, they all are positive contributors. Brady makes them look good, sure, but they are doing their jobs - the job that they have been picked up to do. They are talented. Brady doesn't make chicken salad with chicken ****, here. Belichick got guys that he knew how to utilize.

Belichick always goes after guys that are versatile and smart. They are not the most talented, but they can lineup pretty much everywhere and they understand their roles. Brady is very cerebral as well. That's why it works.

Brady is the main cog here, sure, but the guys around him are smart enough to understand the MULTIPLE DIVERSE strategies and apply them.

So, no, I wouldn't say that Brady is doing more with less.
I totally agree. Very well said. Brady isn't doing more with less. He's got a lot of smart people around him.You don't just win with physicality, speed and strength. The mental part of the game and having players with football smarts, plays just as big of a role for winning. That's what the Patriots have had for over a decade now and that's why they have been SB champion's many times. I wish my Cowboys had that.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Brady should have 20 tds and 0 picks right now if Julian and his busted finger didn't drop a perfect throw right into the Colts lap...just to put things in perspective.

That. Is. Absurd.

I know RB's don't get looked at a lot in the MVP conversation but if Freeman keeps going bananas he will at least generate some talk just for his sheer numbers alone

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Tom Brady is the MVP.

Dalton and Newton deserves some mentions. I think Newton will have a big game vs Indy who can't stop much on defense. Since its a monday night game, i think more people will gain an appreciation for Cam's season thus far.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
Brady is in "Bending Goodell over the kitchen table" mode right now.

Guy is playing pissed and destroying it.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
it's Brady

...But Cam should be on that list. I know he doesn't have the stats, but geez you want to talk about no surrounding talent. Cam has NOTHING.

Cam's got less talent around him than every single player on the poll list

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
it's Brady

...But Cam should be on that list. I know he doesn't have the stats, but geez you want to talk about no surrounding talent. Cam has NOTHING.

Cam's got less talent around him than every single player on the poll list

I may be in the minority but he's my personal #2 behind Brady

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad