NFL: NFL MVP to this point in the season?

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Brady.

On pace for 5,477 passing yards, 43 passing TDs, and 3 INT. Leads the best team in football and has to win games by throwing the ball 30-50 times every game with virtually no running game.

Last edited:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Only the biggest Patriots homers would say this isn't even close. Dalton is right there with Brady. But I'll give the edge to Tom for now because of less surrounding talent.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Only the biggest Patriots homers would say this isn't even close. Dalton is right there with Brady. But I'll give the edge to Tom for now because of less surrounding talent.

I'm not a Patriots homer or fan and say its not close. Tom Brady is playing at a crazy level.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Went with Brady as well, but I do think you could make a legit argument for Dalton.

Didn't really see Cam as on par statistically with the other QBs. Didn't include anyone from the undefeated Broncos either.

This is my problem with MVP being called MVP and not Best Player. I'm stunned that Carolina with one weapon and a bad o line is undefeated and it's because of how great Newton has been.

If you take Dalton away from Cincy and Newton away from Carolina, which team is in better shape? I think 99 percent would say Cincinnati is, thus Newton is more valuable than Dalton.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
This is my problem with MVP being called MVP and not Best Player. I'm stunned that Carolina with one weapon and a bad o line is undefeated and it's because of how great Newton has been.

If you take Dalton away from Cincy and Newton away from Carolina, which team is in better shape? I think 99 percent would say Cincinnati is, thus Newton is more valuable than Dalton.

I hear you. I always hate that about "MVP." There should definitely be a "Best Player" and an "MVP" in both hockey and football.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

Yeah, this came up in the last MVP thread when I said Rodgers > Brady, but the majority of voters are just stat heads who sort by touchdowns thrown and write down the name at the top of the list.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

If you take Brady off the Patriots, they are dead in the water. Cam does have a good defense to fall back on.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Brady AINEC.

That team would be #1 overall fodder without him. Defense sucks, o-line is sub-par, no run-game.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
I feel like the OP got the nominees perfect.
Think how all these respective teams finish will determine alot.
If Dalton or Newton's team end up with a better record than the Pats , they might get it.
Brady's a machine though

Palmer has been incredibly poised as well, that team is extremely complete though. I'm hoping they make it to the Super Bowl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad