NFL: If we have to cancel a game due to Covid, neither team gets paid

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I have to believe the the NFLPA is going to say something about this. Especially the part about a team who could be not even at fault not getting paid.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
So my guess is, if a player has been vaccinated then they are not getting tested?

Because people that have been vaccinated can still get Covid-19. They probably won't have any symptoms. Like, didn't the Yankees have an outbreak amongst their team but all the guys that got it were vaccinated.

Reactions: PhillyWings

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
i, too, am willing to give up my livelihood on principle and retire in my 30's after making tens of millions of dollars in my career

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
good on the NFL

and i'm not surprised NFL players can't grasp the simple concept that the whole purpose of the vaccines is to protect against hospitalization and death. no one said they're 100% effective. someone who gets vaccinated and still ends up testing positive for covid won't be contagious as long as someone who is unvaccinated and won't transmit the virus to others on the level of someone who is not vaccinated

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
By the way, they moved heaven and earth last year and lost zero games, that was before vaccinations. We don’t know how bad this variant - or another - gets. But today, right now, seeing what I’ve seen and knowing what I know about what is known, if you’re telling me 85% percent of the players are vaccinated, I’ll take the bet that zero games get cancelled as long as they control what they can control.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
By the way, they moved heaven and earth last year and lost zero games, that was before vaccinations. We don’t know how bad this variant - or another - gets. But today, right now, seeing what I’ve seen and knowing what I know about what is known, if you’re telling me 85% percent of the players are vaccinated, I’ll take the bet that zero games get cancelled as long as they control what they can control.
I also think the league wants everyone vaccinated to help avoid the need to reschedule because they're going to fill stadiums back up. If they start moving games around again, it might hurt attendance.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
So what happens when a vaccinated team has a covid outbreak?
The league is saying they won't punish a team if the team has taken the appropriate precaution of being vaccinated.

This is a brilliant move by the league. Instead of creating a firestorm by ordering players to vaccinate, the league is going to use peer pressure. Plenty of coaches and players are going to be all over unvaccinated guys on their teams to do so to avoid this risk.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad