• Other (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I have no clue who they will take, or if they will take one. Also no idea who will end up being the best of the bunch, and if any of them will be top 5 NFL QB's. McCarthy seems the most possible to get, and he was a good hockey player, so him?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Funny that the last 2 times that QBs went 1-2-3, two of the three ended up sucking.
It's why we all know that drafting a QB is such a crap shoot. Even the experts have no idea what to look for most of the time. It's why you have to go to the well frequent and often.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
QBs taken in the 1st round are either a home run (P. Manning) or more often a strikeout (Leaf), there isn't much middle ground.
yup, it's crazy to think that Sam Darnold was picked much higher than Montana, Brees, Brady, Mahomes. Favre, Rogers ... you would think by now that teams would not overpay for early 1st round QB's, but if anything, it seems to have gone the other way.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think MN should go with the non-QB with their 1st pick. It a very good chance that'll be the top-2 in the draft class at the non-QB/WR for that position. Then take whichever QB is left with their 2nd pick.

Reactions: Jbcraig1883

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think MN should go with the non-QB with their 1st pick. It a very good chance that'll be the top-2 in the draft class at the non-QB/WR for that position. Then take whichever QB is left with their 2nd pick.
Best Field goal kicker, it is.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Saw a chart yesterday that said WR is the biggest crap shoot in the 1st round. Something like under 10% hit rate. QBs fall somewhere under a 40% hit rate. OT has the highest hit rate. Don't ask me what "hit rate" means, I only caught a glimpse of the chart on a tv while sitting at a bar,.

I'm nervous as hell, but it's proven that you can't win the SB without having a good-to-great QB and the best chance of landing one of those (outside of free agency) is in the 1st round. Everyone says that KOC knows what he is doing when it comes to evaluating QBs, so I'm going with the approach of just trusting they are right until they are proven wrong.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Saw a chart yesterday that said WR is the biggest crap shoot in the 1st round. Something like under 10% hit rate. QBs fall somewhere under a 40% hit rate. OT has the highest hit rate. Don't ask me what "hit rate" means, I only caught a glimpse of the chart on a tv while sitting at a bar,.

I'm nervous as hell, but it's proven that you can't win the SB without having a good-to-great QB and the best chance of landing one of those (outside of free agency) is in the 1st round. Everyone says that KOC knows what he is doing when it comes to evaluating QBs, so I'm going with the approach of just trusting they are right until they are proven wrong.
His comments at a church recently seem to point to Drake Maye as his preferred quarterback. I think it would need to be a trade with the patriots in that case.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
His comments at a church recently seem to point to Drake Maye as his preferred quarterback. I think it would need to be a trade with the patriots in that case.

Even if they sit back and take Penix or Nix, I won't allow myself to get all worked up.

I just saw a video after the 2017 draft of a Chiefs fan who was up in arms because they selected Mahomes "way too high" with pick #10 ("reach" is the term I think he used). He also said that the Chiefs should've worked harder to move up and grab Trubisky instead. Just goes to show that this is all really a crap shoot and nobody really knows what the hell they are talking about.

Reactions: 57special

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Even if they sit back and take Penix or Nix, I won't allow myself to get all worked up.

I just saw a video after the 2017 draft of a Chiefs fan who was up in arms because they selected Mahomes "way too high" with pick #10 ("reach" is the term I think he used). He also said that the Chiefs should've worked harder to move up and grab Trubisky instead. Just goes to show that this is all really a crap shoot and nobody really knows what the hell they are talking about.
Oooooof. I think it’s also the situation the QB is drafted into. As much as I don’t want to admit it, both the bears and vikings have a nice supporting cast for their new QB.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

That's why I will never pretend to know any more about QBs selected than anyone and just look at it with an open mind until the player either hits or misses. on the field in the end.

Other positions are much easier to gauge than QB before they are in the NFL.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

A lot of people use something as simple as getting a 2nd contract from the team that drafted them?

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
That's why I will never pretend to know any more about QBs selected than anyone and just look at it with an open mind until the player either hits or misses. on the field in the end.

Other positions are much easier to gauge than QB before they are in the NFL.
Yeah, the Jordan Love pick threw me for a loop. I believe Lamar Jackson was also a late 1st round pick as well. You can find quality starters and they don’t have to be top of the draft.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I have a feeling they think Darnold is a legit starter option with this system and team, and they might be right.

I agree , bpa with first pic and qb with the second

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
Haven’t paid attention at all, but they need to find a QB from Sweden……

giphy-downsized.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad