OT: NFL 2021

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Back with his buddy Carr. Were a great duo back in college. Packers were willing to match the money, but he still chose Carr over Rodgers. Guess he actually wants a shot at a SB. ;)
We will see if he even gets a shot at the playoffs, shoulda stayed in the NFC for that. Someone in that AFC west likely misses playoffs, they have to beat up on each other for 6 games, if I was a betting man I’d put my money on that being the raiders. The AFC in general is going to be crazy, there’s going to be 1-2 very good teams who likely don’t get in.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008

I know Carr had a great season last year, but how does he get elite status on that list, but Rodgers/Dak/Kyler get an asterisk and then complete omission of Matt Ryan (who has an MVP season on his resume)?

The guy’s point can’t be argued - more QB talent in the AFC, but he loses credibility by framing it the way he did.

Reactions: KMart27

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I know Carr had a great season last year, but how does he get elite status on that list, but Rodgers/Dak/Kyler get an asterisk and then complete omission of Matt Ryan (who has an MVP season on his resume)?

The guy’s point can’t be argued - more QB talent in the AFC, but he loses credibility by framing it the way he did.
Agreed. I've never been convinced Carr should be listed anywhere amoungst elite QB's.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

I didn't look at his list that way, in that he said that Carr was elite. Just that the totality of the AFC group is far superior to the same for the NFC group.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
In all the news that broke I noticed Matt Ryan to the Colts for a third.
If Colts fans loved Carson Wentz gagging at key moments and making dumb plays, they will absolutely LOVE an aging Matty Ice providing the same level of entertainment for them!

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If Colts fans loved Carson Wentz gagging at key moments and making dumb plays, they will absolutely LOVE an aging Matty Ice providing the same level of entertainment for them!
Honestly the QB market right now is the same as the goalie market in the NHL. Sure there are guys out there, but really can you with confidence say they are any better than what you had?

Reactions: Stoneman89

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Completely disagree. I’m beyond pumped for Matt Ryan. Wentz is an over blown QB. I was disgusted when we got him and I was right. He sucked badly. Matt Ryan arguably took one of the worst teams to a 7 win record. With a top 5 o line, one of the best backs in the league I think he is going to be lights out. I will be back to quote this too whether he is good or whether he is bad. Matt Ryan is a very skilled QB, but much like Matt Stafford he has been on a terrible team holding him down. Indy will go hard in the draft for receivers and it looks like Julio might be coming to Indy too which is the last piece of the pie they need (decent receiving core) campbell, and Pittman are excellent. Just need another two and they are set.

I’m beyond ecstatic with this. The GM looks insanely smart. Dealt Wentz for a third, and give up the third for Matt Ryan. Essentially got Rid of Wentz for Ryan and I will take Ryan ANY day over Wentz. Have always liked Matt Ryan and always will. And I’m not just saying this because I’m a colts fan. I said Wentz sucked and I was pissed we got him last year. I don’t feel that with Ryan. He still has a ton of skill when given time in the pocket.

It’s a wait and see type thing though. I could be wrong but I’m sure excited he’s here!!

GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
A lot of sexy right here
1647970913254.png

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Completely disagree. I’m beyond pumped for Matt Ryan. Wentz is an over blown QB. I was disgusted when we got him and I was right. He sucked badly. Matt Ryan arguably took one of the worst teams to a 7 win record. With a top 5 o line, one of the best backs in the league I think he is going to be lights out. I will be back to quote this too whether he is good or whether he is bad. Matt Ryan is a very skilled QB, but much like Matt Stafford he has been on a terrible team holding him down. Indy will go hard in the draft for receivers and it looks like Julio might be coming to Indy too which is the last piece of the pie they need (decent receiving core) campbell, and Pittman are excellent. Just need another two and they are set.

I’m beyond ecstatic with this. The GM looks insanely smart. Dealt Wentz for a third, and give up the third for Matt Ryan. Essentially got Rid of Wentz for Ryan and I will take Ryan ANY day over Wentz. Have always liked Matt Ryan and always will. And I’m not just saying this because I’m a colts fan. I said Wentz sucked and I was pissed we got him last year. I don’t feel that with Ryan. He still has a ton of skill when given time in the pocket.

It’s a wait and see type thing though. I could be wrong but I’m sure excited he’s here!!

GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!
"Insanely smart";)
:D

Alrighty, good luck this year! Hopefully for your sake and the Colts, Matt has more success throwing the football than he does selling Tide pods.

• Haha
Reactions: tardigrade81

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
"Insanely smart";)
:D

Alrighty, good luck this year! Hopefully for your sake and the Colts, Matt has more success throwing the football than he does selling Tide pods.
Hahaha you might be right about him. I don’t know why but I just feel confident

I could be back in week 6 saying how wrong I am though lol. He was good at one point. Maybe I am just hopeful he can get that back. Lol

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!
You forgot the part about the insanely smart GM who gave up a 1st and 3rd for Wentz in the first place. ;)

KenLinsemanFanClub

Sorry State
Nov 26, 2003
Isle of Van

GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!

Man, it sucks being a Falcons fan. The stupid pursuit of Watson with the resulting loss of Matt Ryan. Watson played the Falcons who were planning to stick with Ryan until Watson came to them. Then he demands that ridiculous contract which the Falcons smartly declined. I don't know why the Falcons got sucked into this as Watson is a low character individual and he isn't a winner. Just look at his record in Houston. If you think it's hard being an Oilers fan be glad you don't cheer for the Falcons.

If the Colts get Julio they better be prepared for him to play less than half the games. He's broken down and isn't the receiver he used to be.

Anyway, Ryan is all class, extremely durable and a talented quarterback. He suffered in silence and never threw the organization under the bus. With a good O line and some capable receivers he should have a great year and will make the Colts a threat. I wish him the best and will always be a fan.

Last edited:

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Man, it sucks being a Falcons fan. The stupid persuit of Watson with the resulting loss of Matt Ryan. Watson played the Falcons who were planning to stick with Ryan until Watson came to them. Then he demands that ridiculous contract which the Falcons smartly declined. I don't know why the Falcons got sucked into this as Watson is a low character individual and he isn't a winner. Just look at his record in Houston. If you think it's hard being an Oilers fan be glad you don't cheer for the Falcons.

If the Colts get Julio they better be prepared for him to play less then half the games. He's broken down and isn't the receiver he used to be.

Anyway, Ryan is all class, extremely durable and a talented quarterback. He suffered in silence and never threw the organization under the bus. With a good O line and some capable receivers he should have a great year and will make the Colts a threat. I wish him the best and will always be a fan.
Great post man. Atlanta will likely be rebuilding. I have always liked Atlanta. Think they might draft a QB next year and it’s a good draft class!!

Unless Mariota somehow manages to play lights out.

Reactions: KenLinsemanFanClub

KenLinsemanFanClub

Sorry State
Nov 26, 2003
Isle of Van
Great post man. Atlanta will likely be rebuilding. I have always liked Atlanta. Think they might draft a QB next year and it’s a good draft class!!

Unless Mariota somehow manages to play lights out.
Here's hoping. They will have a ridiculous amount of cap space next year. The draft class this year isn't a great one for Quarterbacks so unless they trade down or someone slips to the second round I don't think they take one until next year. Mariota is a stop gap for two years and I don't expect this year will go very well for the Falcons. Should provide them with a high pick in next years draft though and that should be when the Falcons draft an impactful Quarterback (fingers crossed). Mariota is a team player from what I've heard. He'll be a stopgap for this year and he should be a good mentor for a young Quarterback next year.

Just really annoying seeing them screw up the situation with Matt Ryan. Should have traded him earlier when there was a better market but went chasing Watson when he approached them and then got schooled. In the meantime the market was shrinking and they backed themselves into a corner and sewered Matts value. I really hope they have a plan going forward but it's gonna be frustrating this year when it probably didn't need to be. Ah well, the life of a Falcons fan.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Here's hoping. They will have a ridiculous amount of cap space next year. The draft class this year isn't a great one for Quarterbacks so unless they trade down or someone slips to the second round I don't think they take one until next year. Mariota is a stop gap for two years and I don't expect this year will go very well for the Falcons. Should provide them with a high pick in next years draft though and that should be when the Falcons draft an impactful Quarterback (fingers crossed). Mariota is a team player from what I've heard. He'll be a stopgap for this year and he should be a good mentor for a young Quarterback next year.

Just really annoying seeing them screw up the situation with Matt Ryan. Should have traded him earlier when there was a better market but went chasing Watson when he approached them and then got schooled. In the meantime the market was shrinking and they backed themselves into a corner and sewered Matts value. I really hope they have a plan going forward but it's gonna be frustrating this year when it probably didn't need to be. Ah well, the life of a Falcons fan.
Ya you’re definitely right. The 2023 class is way more strong with Bryce Young and CJ Stroud. Maybe Atlanta can go for one of them depending what kind of season they have.

I know what you mean. I guess I can’t complain with Indy winning a SB, but since Luck retired the organization has been a bit of a hot mess lol.

Reactions: KenLinsemanFanClub

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Not minding Jameis Winston resigning with the Saints. Getting Michael Thomas back is huge. Big question is what's going to happen to Alvin Kamara after what happened in Vegas. :help:

Reactions: bellagiobob

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not minding Jameis Winston resigning with the Saints. Getting Michael Thomas back is huge. Big question is what's going to happen to Alvin Kamara after what happened in Vegas. :help:
You know I completely forgot about that until now. Funny how these things just kind of fade away in the NFL.

Wonder if anyone has a timeline of stupid shit that happened in the NFL this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00