NFL: NFC Wild Card Round: (4) Washington Redskins v (5) Green Bay Packers; Sun 4:35pm FOX

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
crVw8GZ.gif

LOL, think I'm going to go watch that episode.

Classless AINEC*

I feel bad for Gunter. He's outplayed Randall and Rollins when he's had a chance this year. He was a man on fire in the preseason.

Rethinking what I said, it also looked weird seeing Collins running around in Butler's 36 until he really became "Nick Collins". Here's hoping one day Gunter takes hold of his own eternal share of 36 in the green and gold.

Classless AINEC*

Too bad either team was getting wrecked by Arizona.

The NFL often seems like a poorly concealed version of "legitimacy" rivaling professional wrestling. What juicy theatre it would be orchestrated by Vince McMah...errr, Roger Goodell were we to see Seattle and Green Bay play for a berth in the Super Bowl from seeds 5 and 6.

Nahhhhhhhh.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
2nd ever 35-18 game, and the other one was also a wild card game, when the Bears beat the Vikings on New Years Day, 1996

Classless AINEC*

2nd ever 35-18 game, and the other one was also a wild card game, when the Bears beat the Vikings on New Years Day, 1996

Is this not a rather surprising rare score?

7x5=35
6x3=18

No funny business necessary for this one.

Sep 19, 2008
Team massively over achieved and nobody expected this team to do much. Just winning the division was a success and anything on top is just icing on the cake.

I am disappointed but also happy that they even had the chance to play yesterday. Nobody expected this team to do anything in the preseason. They defied expectations.

Trust scot to fill in holes and take another step next year. This team is on the way back and they got results a lot quicker than any of us expected m

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Team massively over achieved and nobody expected this team to do much. Just winning the division was a success and anything on top is just icing on the cake.

I am disappointed but also happy that they even had the chance to play yesterday. Nobody expected this team to do anything in the preseason. They defied expectations.

Trust scot to fill in holes and take another step next year. This team is on the way back and they got results a lot quicker than any of us expected m

If you mean the Redskins, yes they exceeded expectations, but they had an easy division. I'm almost ready to say screw rivalries/divisions. Just being good teams that meet in the playoffs(as they do now anyways) will build rivalry in itself, with the added bonus that we actually get to see the best teams compete vs each other. Huge bonus, imo. This was a crappy weekend of football, and the consolation that Skins and Texans fans got to see their club in the playoffs wasn't worth what the rest of us had to watch.

Not too rant too much or get too far off topic, but clean up the **** shows, too. Don't slap the Bungles on the wrist. Punish them until this me, me, me crap stops. Amazing this happens in a team sport. You don't see it much in hockey.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Is this not a rather surprising rare score?

7x5=35
6x3=18

No funny business necessary for this one.

Yeah, I'd say so. If an opponent gets to 35 though, you probably stopped kicking field goals. The other one had the Vikings go for 2 a few times, and eventually were down just 28-18 before a fumble recovery sealed the win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad