NFL: NFC Wild Card Round: (4) Washington Redskins v (5) Green Bay Packers; Sun 4:35pm FOX

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Washington goes up say 24-7 in the second half. The defense backs off with a big lead and Washington ends up winning 27-21.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Cousins at home is an elite QB. Their D-line should decimate GB's.

I like the Skins a lot in this one.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
local dc tv just said rodgers is 1-11 in last 12 games on road vs teams with winning records. that cant be right

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I like how it conveniently stops before 2011 when the Packers won 3 straight road playoff games and then a neutral site Super Bowl. ;)

no one cares about those ;)

haha we all know how great rodgers is. with or without a good oline he can still be one of the best qb's in the league. i like washington here but you can never count out rodgers, hes just that good

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Cousins at home is an elite QB. Their D-line should decimate GB's.

I like the Skins a lot in this one.

Yes they win at home but against who? Nobodies.

To use the word ELITE, he must beat someone with a record better than 8-8.

I hate the Pack more than anything but they win here.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

They played zero teams above .500 at home. Not his fault all the teams they played at home stunk to high heaven. You can only win the games you play

Also rodgers hasant beaten any good team on the road except for the Vikings this year going 1-11 in last 12 opportunities. Does he need to beat someone good to be elite? Cause he hasant really done that in 2 years

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

I'm talking Cousins the individual and his numbers at home are elite regardless of competition. His home/road splits are drastic

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Not sure how anyone can pick the Packers right now. Check out what they've done since they were 6-0 (and they struggled on offense against SF and STL in those games too).

They've gotten steamrolled by Arizona, Denver and Carolina. They lost at home to mediocre to bad Detroit and Chicago teams and were once again awful on offense tonight.

The four games they won were the hail mary against the Lions where they were down 20. A depleted Cowboys team which was still a one possession game in the 4th quarter. A 10 point win against Oakland where Derek Carr basically gifted the team a 14-0 lead thanks to two awful interceptions (one returned for TD, one returned into red zone) and a solid win against the Vikings which also didn't have a lot to do with the offense, solid special teams and an Adrian Peterson fumble helped a lot.

The defense is solid but the offense is awful. The offense was figured out once the 49ers and Rams showed you could play press coverage and there was no threat of the deep ball. It's so predictable. A few runs for Lacy. Little flat routes for Richard Rodgers that gain 2 yards. Rodgers holds the ball and buys time for 5+ seconds and hopes one of Jones or Cobb can get open against a defender.

There's not a chance the Packers win next week with the way they've been playing on offense the last 3 months. The only chance they have is if McCarthy comes up with a completely different scheme to get his receivers in looks where they can get open. Since he seems to get pissed off when you question him and seems to think nothing is wrong with the offense, I'm not optimistic about that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad