NFL: NFC Divisional Round: (2) Arizona Cardinals vs (5) Green Bay Packers

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Yes. Both I have also seen them dominate for the five weeks prior. Plus they were on the road (still are and would be against Arizona).

Call it instincts, but I just don't believe in this Arizona team.

Fair enough. I don't believe in Arizona either, I just think Carolina is by far the best team remaining in the playoffs and is a clear step above Seattle/Arizona/New England/Denver.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Yeah, I honestly can't remember a game with so many ebbs and flows and changes in momentum like that. The last two drives alone, the non PI, the 4th and 20, the non-spike WTF, the hail mary, the coin toss, the Fitz catch and YAC... it was surreal.

I'll never know what it's like to own shares of a professional franchise you're a diehard fan of, but it has to be pretty neat. Jealous. Packers fans are the best in the league, AINEC IMO. Nothing but respect for that franchise and its fans.

It was quite the series of events, wasn't it lol? Wow! Can't be mad at the boys, they played their hearts out.

As for the shares, it's a pretty surreal feeling. i don't really know any other way to put it :)

I think we do have the best fans of any of the professional sports. Feel lucky to have them as my team!

What an up and down season. Just crazy.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
I will get mocked and ridiculed for saying this as I have already have, but he is the most talented quarterback I have ever seen. That is in about 20 years f watching the NFL. I dont think people understand how good he is and Green Bay is wasting his best years. I mean, has he ever really had a good offensive line? Even in 2010 when they won he was getting hit too much.

That being said, he wasnt great tonight. He was good but he missed throws and got lucky with that non pick 6.
If it was up to me id be drafting oline with every top pick I have on a go forward basis

Protect this man!

He's the GOAT in my Book

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I will get mocked and ridiculed for saying this as I have already have, but he is the most talented quarterback I have ever seen. That is in about 20 years f watching the NFL.

Before the mocking starts, I'd like to agree with this. I'm giving myself 40 years of watching NFL football.

hocky

Apr 8, 2011
Why would you risk making that decision when the odds of an XP are better and OT gives you a chance to win the game still. A team scoring a TD on their first possession isn't all that entirely common.

I don't see what's so controversial about this. 2 point conversion rates are at about 50%. Did you think they had a better than 50% chance of winning OT?

I just think at that point you go for the killshot instead of giving the Cards a chance to gather themselves from what just happened.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I will get mocked and ridiculed for saying this as I have already have, but he is the most talented quarterback I have ever seen. That is in about 20 years f watching the NFL. I dont think people understand how good he is and Green Bay is wasting his best years. I mean, has he ever really had a good offensive line? Even in 2010 when they won he was getting hit too much.

That being said, he wasnt great tonight. He was good but he missed throws and got lucky with that non pick 6.

I don't think he's the GOAT, but talent wise he definitely has the most complete skill set I've seen in a QB.

Did he really improve that much from when he got drafted to when he started? I mean, I'm a Tom Brady guy all the way, but even I can understand how he got missed by all those teams.......except for the Browns, of course. Spurgeon Wynn........

But Rodgers? Don't see how he doesn't go first overall.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
I don't think he's the GOAT, but talent wise he definitely has the most complete skill set I've seen in a QB.

Did he really improve that much from when he got drafted to when he started? I mean, I'm a Tom Brady guy all the way, but even I can understand how he got missed by all those teams.......except for the Browns, of course. Spurgeon Wynn........

He overhauled his throwing technique

Helped he got to sit behind favre and wasn't thrown to the wolves right away IMO

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I will get mocked and ridiculed for saying this as I have already have, but he is the most talented quarterback I have ever seen. That is in about 20 years f watching the NFL.

No one should mock you. Nothing wrong with saying the above.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
I remember there was a guy in the best safety thread claiming the packers had one of the best secondaries.

Top secondaries don't forget to cover the other teams top WR.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Dix, randle, Rollins, shields and heyward is a good group of young dbs going forward, don't kid yourself.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

Yes. He had clunky mechanics that hampered his incredible arm talent.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I remember there was a guy in the best safety thread claiming the packers had one of the best secondaries.

Top secondaries don't forget to cover the other teams top WR.

The Packers do have one of the best secondaries. It was showing as well until they got stupid and went to zone coverage.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
The Packers do have one of the best secondaries. It was showing as well until they got stupid and went to zone coverage.

Yah, no idea why they went off that man coverage. Which just happened to be workin for most of the game.

Might need some new coaches in there.

Oh well.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Yah, no idea why they went off that man coverage. Which just happened to be workin for most of the game.

Might need some new coaches in there.

Oh well.

When you have a quarterback struggling to recognize coverage, playing zone is a good thing. The Packers just have to secure those picks. Packers defense held up well and had chances to end the game.

Classless AINEC*

I don't even know what I think.

It just feels like ridiculous, catastrophic things happen to Green Bay to lose games they very well could have won.

Surely a team with this kind of tradition and standing, qb'd by Aaron Rodgers, could have their pick of the available coaches out there.

Maybe the Packers HC spot would be attractive to a Dungy or a Cowher, or the like. Just someone different, yet still well regarded.

I'm not saying McCarthy was to blame for this game or anything, it just seems like more should have been accomplished under his watch so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
When you have a quarterback struggling to recognize coverage, playing zone is a good thing. The Packers just have to secure those picks. Packers defense held up well and had chances to end the game.

Still think they should have stuck with man coverage. Ther zone hasn't looked to good this year

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
I don't even know what I think.

It just feels like ridiculous, catastrophic things happen to Green Bay to lose games they very well could have won.

Surely a team with this kind of tradition and standing, qb'd by Aaron Rodgers, could have their pick of the available coaches out there.

Maybe the Packers HC spot would be attractive to a Dungy or a Cower, or the like. Just someone different, yet still well regarded.

I'm not saying McCarthy was to blame for this game or anything, it just seems like more should have been accomplished under his watch so far.

I like this post and train of thought

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

The problem was they were giving up a ton underneath. Just easy reads that could get them down the field. The crossers, he missed Johnson on a wide open pass near the goal line because Shields was in a zone 3 yards deep in the end zone.

When you have guys that can play man on receivers, let them. Especially with the pressure they were getting on Palmer.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
This wasn't quite as bad as last year's loss to the Seahawks, where I found McCarthy's lack of testicularity came back to haunt them. But yes, I do think he is a tad fraudulent, not a bad coach but not a great coach.

And thanks for the explanations, makes a lot of sense. I wonder how many talents passed through the league without achieving their potential because they got thrown to the wolves as QBs.

Plus, Rodgers got to learn from Favre. And not just the good Favre: there were a lot of things about his game that Rodgers probably learned NOT too replicate. :laugh:

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Dix, randle, Rollins, shields and heyward is a good group of young dbs going forward, don't kid yourself.

Dix is overrated, just look at his play on Seattle's 2 point conversion last year...he hasn't improved much.

Randle has been solid.

Rollins is worse than Gunter, a UDFA who has potential.

Hayward is an average 2 cb.

Shields will be a cut in 2 years with that terrible contract....and probably taught Dix how to not bat a ball down as his fail mary play is very similar to Dix 2 point conversion play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad